PDA

View Full Version : [WIP]LightMP3 Version 2.0.0

wraggster
February 13th, 2008, 18:47
News/release from Sakya:

Hi!

I'm here to release LightMP3 Version 2.0.0 ALPHA.
It's unfinished (it's an ALPHA version, no?), I release it only for testing purpose.

As you can see LightMP3 now has graphics (I used OSLib)!
It's skinnable (have a look at the skins directory, should be easy to understand), I'll make a document to explain how to make you own skin.
You can change element's position on screen, images, fonts and font's color.
It's multilingual (have a look at the languages directory, should be easy to understand too).
Media Library is still missing, but tracks' data are saved in a SQLite database. If you want to check the data you can use some SQLite client and open the file mediaLibrary.db
A free client is SQLite Expert Personal: http://www.sqliteexpert.com/download.html
Track's data are added to the database when you listen to it (but there'll be a function to scan the whole MS).

With Media Library you'll be able to browse tracks by Artist, Album, Genre, Year, Rating and make some search.

Battery lifetime seems the same as the "classic" version (if you activate "Economy mode" with START while listening to a track).
To rate your music keep pressed X and use UP/DOWN on the DPAD.

Known bugs:
1.FLAC playback is broken (the app crash)
2.Suspend doesen't work (the app crash)
3.libMAD playback is almost useless (for now) because isn't streamed/buffered and the free memory is only 10Mb)
4.USB connection doesen't work
5.Help screens are missing

You can download it here:
http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=fileview&file_id= 939

Any bugreport, comment or suggestion is welcome.

Ciaooo
Sakya

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Airdevil
February 13th, 2008, 20:37
It sounds pretty decent, however those bugs are fairly large issues when it comes to practicality.

The older one is better for that, i will still go ahead and try this new one out though for experience sake, just t see how it handles

Dont stop with the releases though! This music player is the best out there imo.

diskullone
February 13th, 2008, 21:04
good news!
i was dreaming of that, skins for lightmp3, and you made it! great job buddy! just go ahead! blessed!

crazyhare
February 13th, 2008, 21:52
Great, gonna stick with the version I have for now - but will be following progress with anticipation...

Winamp skin support, a la xmms etc would be cool - but it's just an idea, maybe it's not suited to LightMP3.

kryst abegnalie
February 14th, 2008, 01:37
wow, i hope the new release has an lyrics support, so that we can sing while we listen to music, hehehehe, good job Sakya, waiting for your major release..

syzhyl
February 16th, 2008, 13:48
Pretty good, thankx!

But I think it should support Japanese or Chinese, if it could be added, waiting for the newer version:)