PDA

View Full Version : PSP KVM News - Java Mobile Phone Games Emulator for PSP

wraggster
February 13th, 2008, 19:00
Sleepper (http://www.pspkvm.com/) posted this news:

pspME and PSPKVM merged

After a fully discussion today with M@x, the author of pspME, the two projects, PSPKVM and pspME, will be merged, and keep the name as PSPKVM. After a quickly release with sound support in the next days, PSPKVM will discard some old code to base on phoneME feature. We will try to offering a better JavaME VM on PSP.

Sounds awesome :)

NOCHUCK
February 13th, 2008, 20:11
Nice. Games are alot more playable with sounds. Now for some 3d support(I did get Asphault 2 for the k800i running perfectly but not the original Asphault GT??....Odd)

DarthPaul
February 13th, 2008, 20:24
Amazing!! I guess this emulator will be even more awesome from now on.

wolfpack
February 13th, 2008, 23:53
Doom RPG
Orcs and Elves

WITH SOUND! WOOT! :D

ojdon
February 14th, 2008, 00:47
Great ews, I guess. I love PSPKVM it's one of my favourite emulators (Top 5 at least) Anyway can't wait to hear even more updates from this great emulator.

PSmonkey
February 14th, 2008, 02:16
***king awsome!!

Seriously. Not to push but hopefuly this leads to java 3D support in the near future.

DPyro
February 14th, 2008, 02:25
I forgot all about this project, looks sweet! :)

M@x
February 14th, 2008, 11:35
I fully agree that 3D (JSR184) support is one of the most wanted in pspkvm. Until now, however, we haven't found any open source JSR184 implementation to porting. Implementing JSR184 from scratch is far beyond our ablity - now we have only 2 people: Sleepper and me. However, since pspkvm is going to be open source, hope someone will contribute his effort for this lovely emulator in future - not only JSR184, any kind contribute will be very appreaciate!

M@x

-Xandu-
February 14th, 2008, 12:42
Nice, waiting for it!

Mr. Shizzy
February 14th, 2008, 16:16
Fantastic ! :)

This emulator is one of the more exciting PSP projects going on right now.

Thanks for all the work you guys must have put into this :)

~
shizzy

O-bake
February 14th, 2008, 16:33
Thank you so much for working on this. Can't wait for version with sound .)

btw, an option for key mapping would be great sometime.