PDA

View Full Version : PSP/Vita: How to find your own exploits

wraggster
April 21st, 2014, 21:00
I regularly get emails from people who want us to port VHBL to this or that game, or people who contact me with a game crash but don’t know where to take it from here. PSP (usermode) exploits used to be seen as voodoo magic, and doable only by an elite of hackers, until I started writing tutorials on how to do it, back in 2009. Finding an exploit in a PSP game requires brains, lots of free time, and minimal programming knowledge, but is nowhere as complex as most people think. The techniques to find them used to be a secret, not that hackers in those days thought it was a secret to be kept, but because nobody ever took the time to write the process down in a user-friendly way.

Those who have been following this blog for a while know that I try very hard to bridge the gap between the “hackers” and people who have technical interest in what they do, but don’t know where to start. It’s for this reason that my involvement with m0skit0′s Half Byte Loader (now VHBL) has always been about simplifying it to the max, and make it portable to as many games as possible, as easily as possible.

Today, finding an exploit and porting VHBL to it is not a one click process, but it is reasonably simple. Porting VHBL can be done within a few hours, which is insanely fast if you think about the months it took to create the tool initially.

http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3297