PDA

View Full Version : Dark Alex Releases Custom Firmware 3.90m33-2

gamefreak199101
February 13th, 2008, 20:21
Dark Alex (http://dark-alex.org/) has released another update to his excellent Custom Firmware for the PSP:

Instructions.

- Copy UPDATE folder to /PSP/GAME and run the program.

If you are in 3.90 M33, that's all needed.
If you are in previous version, you need to download 390.PBP and put it in same folder or let
the program to download it for you.

Changes:

- Improvements in plugins loading code:

* Fixed some problems with problematic cards due to filesystem not mounted.
* Now plugins should read the faster.
* Problem fixed with lines with spaces at the end.

- Added the rest of regions to the recovery option fakeregion.

- (PSP SLIM): Added patches in nand ipl to allow Booster multiiplloader and TimeMachine iplloader to boot from nand.

Note: only 3.90 M33-2 and higher can be booted from nand in slim with those ipl loaders,
not official Sony firmwares or previous versions of M33.

Changes in updater:

- The 3.90 eboot downloading code is now more stable, no more freezes after selecting AP
- Memory stick write in the 3.90 downloading code is delayed the maximum possible for faster operation
(the system prefers big chunks of data written at once).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

wraggster
February 13th, 2008, 20:29
dark alex is the god :)

gamefreak199101
February 13th, 2008, 20:31
yea he's so amazing, thank god for bringing him on this planet with all the knowledge to hack psps and make our lives easier

Nikolaos
February 13th, 2008, 20:42
Dark_Alex, will you have my children?

DarthPaul
February 13th, 2008, 20:50
Time Machine loader? Hell yeah! That means it's around the corner!

Dude, this is seriously one of the best days of my life. So many freaking exciting and awesome things happened. And now this, I don't know if I can take more. xD

Thanks!

darkness angel 777
February 13th, 2008, 21:03
dark-alex is awesome I really don't see any problems with 3.90 m33 but I enjoy updating.

Zephyroth_drgs
February 13th, 2008, 21:26
cool tnx D A

Shrygue
February 13th, 2008, 21:29
So, the great Dark_Alex comes up with another wonderful update to cfw 3.90 M33 huh? I'll be on network update later to move on up, great news to hear.

shorty_carnage
February 13th, 2008, 21:38
OPINION ------ am i the only person getting bored with these constant updates?

i would much prefer to wait untill its finnished and then do 1 update.

does anyone agree?

No_one_in_particular
February 13th, 2008, 21:39
Excellent.

stevo11185
February 13th, 2008, 21:45
dark alex is the god :)

you should stop your children getting on the computer wraggster they are posting weird messages. Also i prefer the term Guru :D

Axelius
February 13th, 2008, 21:47
lol, just yesterday I updated from 3.40OE to 3.90-M33

No_one_in_particular
February 13th, 2008, 21:48
you should stop your children getting on the computer wraggster they are posting weird messages.

You should find something else to do other than needlessly being a dick.

Nikolaos
February 13th, 2008, 21:54

does anyone agree?

go home

michael_dack_2005
February 13th, 2008, 22:10
With this update - TimeMachine is just round the corner.

But because of this update does this mean future updates will be 3.90M33 with 1.50 kernal or will we be able to install previous firmwares (before 3.60)

Not that i really care as i will always have the latest update with 1.50 kernal im just curious

Veskgar
February 13th, 2008, 22:15
Thank you Dark_AleX for yet another great release.

does anyone agree?
Hey dude, I'm afraid you have the minority opinion there. That is actually quite a stupid stance to take. "finnished" properly spelled finished by the way is something you can't expect with a custom firmware. There is no such thing as a finished CFW. Its a constant work in progress. After all of the neat little features and add-ins that Dark_AleX has managed to cleverly squeeze in, you should be appreciative at the fact that he still manages to make improvements.

Moreover, there is the fact that you will get your "finished" CFW faster by Dark_AleX releasing constant updates. I bet 98% of CFW users enjoy updating to every new release. This gives him a huge pool of testers to discover bugs and constantly improve the CFW.

You are entitled to your opinion but the reasons behind your opinion are flawed. Waiting who knows how long for just 1 single update? That negates a lot of the fun and excitement Dark_AleX brings to the scene.

AdamRav
February 13th, 2008, 22:16
Thanks DA

Nikolaos
February 13th, 2008, 22:34
I simply can not wait for 1.5 kernel on slim and for memory stick issue to be truly fixed.

`The0n3
February 13th, 2008, 23:25
My 8gb psp slim will be complete with hexen 2. :)

luxoflux
February 13th, 2008, 23:29
Dax, thanks for the update bro. A more than flawless update for a more than flawless
c-fw.

AdamRav
February 13th, 2008, 23:37

does anyone agree?

I agree with all the other people

DA does all this in his own personal time

be appreciative man

Mister Klownes
February 13th, 2008, 23:41
still no music.prx ;_;

NoQuarter
February 14th, 2008, 00:14
Wow,just happened to catch some wifi here working at the circus.
nice,can't wait for timemachine.

kryst abegnalie
February 14th, 2008, 01:10
i knew it DA will release 3.90M33-2, because of the problems regarding plugins running on higher memsticks, ive tried it and tested cause i owned 8GB original and some useful plugins dont work, popsloader, cwcheat and irshell are the prx that i tried and didnt work and tried the patch release by DA in the other forum and flash it to my flash0 then all plugins work, and now there are more convenient and easy way to put the files in flash with this new update, all i want to say is thanks DA. You really help people regarding what they need. Once im losing hope to run plugins in my 8GB memstick and i want to dump it or sell it, hehehe..

And to those who are sick of new updates to the new custom firmwares, then use the official updates so there are no complaints... ciao..:thumbup:

jurkevicz
February 14th, 2008, 01:38
Thanks DAX! If it weren't for you we'd all screwd! Everyone would be still using 1.50 firmware!

danielm18
February 14th, 2008, 01:58
there isnt rlly a difference between 3.90 M33 and M33-2 xD I want 4.00 M33 to come outt

mike_jmg
February 14th, 2008, 01:59
Sounds nice, will try it when I got the time, cause at last, I got a job wich is from my career.

But I'm kinda a slave, at least for now

kryst abegnalie
February 14th, 2008, 02:02
there isnt rlly a difference between 3.90 M33 and M33-2 xD I want 4.00 M33 to come outt

no your wrong, if you own a 8GB memstick you will see a difference

Veskgar
February 14th, 2008, 02:16

:eek: Whoa buddy! Lets wait for 4.00 OFW to be released before we go gimme gimme over a 4.00 M33.

Panda Bear K
February 14th, 2008, 02:51

does anyone agree?I don't think anyone is making you update at gunpoint. If you don't want to update, don't update, that's the solution to your problem.

daxpspuser
February 14th, 2008, 04:41

does anyone agree?

Everybody is flipping out about this but i honesty think he was kidding, if so not very funny, but how could you possibly not want updates to the best firmware ever?

wolfpack
February 14th, 2008, 04:50

does anyone agree?

......fail

elio95
February 14th, 2008, 06:30
Hello Guys,
I just bought a new slim PSP with an original 3.9 firmware (actually they updated the firmware at the shop), but i want to install this new custom firmware by Dark_Alex, so i downloaded the file and followed the instructions, but still i get an error "the game could not be started. (80020148)", so pleaase can someone show me how to install this new custom firmware step by step, or just point me to a good article that explains this.
Thanks a lot.

CaptainMorgan4
February 14th, 2008, 06:50
You need to downgrade and then get a custom firmware, that's how it works. Go to Dark Alex's site and look up Despertar del Cementerio. Honestly I could help you more but I'm just so tired of this whole routine, just the same questions and same issues over and over.......

jim80b
February 14th, 2008, 08:39
anyone found a way of getting to 3.90x with a idstorage keys messed up psp yet?

running the sony updater code gives the cta errors as expected.
only upgrade is to 3.80 using dc & pandora

razorak
February 14th, 2008, 08:41
definitely looking forward to the time machine...
(would be nice if we can run both firmwares from flash through perhaps holding down a button or a recovery mode setting though...after all slims have more flash space if i rmbr correctly)

BelmontSlayer
February 14th, 2008, 09:48
Another awsome release from the PSP God...

limmk
February 14th, 2008, 10:16
The king did it again! Thanks you did a real nice job for the PSP scene

Veskgar
February 14th, 2008, 10:35
I'm a very happy camper right now. Dark_AleX (www.dark-alex.org) just released V2 of an fatmsmod.prx patcher which replaces the annoying 3.80/3.90 version causing slowdowns, choppiness, and lag. Most notably when playing .CSO game backups.

Well, I just did a before and after test on my original style PSP and I'm happy to say that after applying the patch, the memory stick lag issues seem to be resolved.

I have been holding off updating my Slim PSP but now I'm convinced that 3.90 M33-2 with the 3.71 fatmsmod.prx patch is the best CFW. This deserves donations!

:thumbup:

b_simpson1999
February 14th, 2008, 12:42
does pops work on this? cos i heard that somewhere it don't maybe i heard wrong

djbrotherson
February 14th, 2008, 13:18
i read in this forum... http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-firmware-discussion-253/t-patch-to-load-371-fatmsmod-on-380390-m33-134976.html

...that people are getting mad brickage because of the fatsmodms patch which really sucks HOWEVER I now see that there's a patch for the patch... has anybody used it yet? Results?

limmk
February 14th, 2008, 13:47
i read in this forum... http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-firmware-discussion-253/t-patch-to-load-371-fatmsmod-on-380390-m33-134976.html

...that people are getting mad brickage because of the fatsmodms patch which really sucks HOWEVER I now see that there's a patch for the patch... has anybody used it yet? Results?

i did mine and it work perfectly. the read/write is much faster

djbrotherson
February 14th, 2008, 14:16
Niiice

DarthPaul
February 14th, 2008, 15:25
Nice! The patch! Thanks for the heads-up Veskgar!!

newb_fo_life
February 14th, 2008, 19:34
thanks to everyone who contributed to this update great work :thumbup::thumbup:

Veskgar
February 14th, 2008, 20:03
Nice! The patch! Thanks for the heads-up Veskgar!!

Yeah, the patch is incredible. No bricks or problems here. I've done it to an older TA-082 PSP and a newer Slim PSP. Hey DarthPaul, I tried adding you as a contact for Skype.. Did you get my message?

DarthPaul
February 15th, 2008, 01:53
Ooh, I probably did. I haven't checked. I don't really use Skype , I don't have the camera(or mic.) yet... but I'll have one in a few days, I'm waiting for the verification of the PayPal account and all that long process.

But thanks, I'll accept the next time I log-in.

BLUEPUNK86
February 15th, 2008, 13:45
any way i can get the 1.5 addon on 3.90m33-2 if i havent or should of done it on 3.90m33?

hiorik
February 15th, 2008, 14:46
yes becaus if for that firmware

acn010
February 15th, 2008, 20:14
wow, did i missed this much? im still on3.71 lol
updating now XD

x7007
February 20th, 2008, 03:01
Hi, i have 3.71M33 Slim, how can i update to 3.90M33-2 the easiest way ?

Please, i really dont want to have a brick, or to pay to the shop 50 shekels to do it for me.

i have 4GB Sandisk with MagicGate memory stick.

[Roger]
February 26th, 2008, 06:07
I cant play my old PS1 games on 3.90m33-2 wth?

486dx
March 2nd, 2008, 23:52
I hope I am not alone, but since updrading to 3.90m33-2 FROM 3.71m33-3 I have had problems with my 8gb memory stick only when playing umd and backups and trying to save games... I can load save games okay and play but as soon as Im playing for like even a minute and go to save I get the black screen. and the psp shuts off..

All of my homebrew runs okay on my psp phat with the 1.5 kernal installed so I need some help.

Specifically does anyone have GTA, vice city stories and liberty city stories running okay when you save ... also the simpsons game which I have on umd does not save but freezes...

Thanks,

486dx

486dx
March 10th, 2008, 02:09
any help at all ... ive already tried to install the memory stick patch and it dosnt help ... now its almost every game ive played so far except for "shrek the third" which worked normally and saved and stuff ...

its unbelievable to fix it i already tryed to uncheck my psp 's folders in "my computer" and turn off "read only" but it turns itself back on .. like its not that,
and then i reformatted my memory stick and defaulted my psp totally - and only installed one game to try which was vice city stories - and played okay, using the m33 driver as my mode.

and then i went into the barracks and tryed to save with no go .
black screen and then no power so i needed to recopy everything i had back on to the memory stick and it didnt solve nothing but waste time.

im using a psp phat with 3.90 m33-2 installed with pop station enabled and some other plugins like mac spoofer,

and using a official sony 8gb memory stick. I tried to buy another new 8gb stick from futureshop already to try to see if my memory stick is a fake and it is not so im stumped.

I must of installed 3.90 wrong. I used the easy installer right here called "390M33_Universal_Installer_koutsou_v3.exe"

and everything else works perfectly like music, snes, nes, other emulators, pictures, internet browser..etc psp tube ... but I cannot save in any games even the one I own on umd .. gta liberty city stories and twisted metal.

Thanks for any help;

robbytherob
March 12th, 2008, 19:56
I'm on cfw 3.71 m33-4 on a phat psp,and was looking to update but on hearing peoples problems is it worth me doing this.Can i jump straight up to the latest ver' or doing i have to update several times like i had to get were i am now.....any help and i will be in your debt.cheers.

amar09
March 15th, 2008, 10:08
when i put the eboot in the update map and i start the update it says:
the game could not be started (80020148)
plz help! what do i must do.

pschomaniac
March 15th, 2008, 12:28
Hi.....I tried to do the update to 3.9 m33 but when it unpacks the 3.9 firmwire, it says that it is an invalid file....what can I do???

shak bo
March 24th, 2008, 13:30
Hello Guys,
I just bought a new slim PSP with an original 3.9 firmware (actually they updated the firmware at the shop), but i want to install this new custom firmware by Dark_Alex, so i downloaded the file and followed the instructions, but still i get an error "the game could not be started. (80020148)", so pleaase can someone show me how to install this new custom firmware step by step, or just point me to a good article that explains this.
Thanks a lot.
You will need Pandoras Battery to downgrade your PSP to 1.5. That battery and a special memory stick will put your PSP into service mode, thus allowing files to be written to the flash from a memory stick which was impossible before. Try going to Craigs List in your area. There are always people in there who mod consoles, but beware their site moderators are pricks, hope this helps.

shak bo
March 24th, 2008, 13:39
My PSP(fat) 3.90 M33 will not play MP3's or browse pictures. Homebrew is all good but a message saying you have no content keeps popping up. I used the fatsmod prx, re formatted the flash 0 and formatted the mem stick and still nothing. I mean I can still listen to stuff w/ IR Shell but you know. Anyone else having this problem?

Triv1um
March 24th, 2008, 13:40
You will need Pandoras Battery to downgrade your PSP to 1.5. That battery and a special memory stick will put your PSP into service mode, thus allowing files to be written to the flash from a memory stick which was impossible before. Try going to Craigs List in your area. There are always people in there who mod consoles, but beware their site moderators are pricks, hope this helps.

I might be wrong, but you cannot downgrade slims to 1.50? (isnt that why Time machine is coming out?)

shak bo
March 24th, 2008, 13:40
My PSP(fat) 3.90 M33-2 will not play MP3's or browse pictures. Homebrew is all good but a message saying you have no content keeps popping up. I used the fatsmod prx, re formatted the flash 0 and formatted the mem stick and still nothing. I mean I can still listen to stuff w/ IR Shell but you know. Anyone else having this problem?

Buddy4point0
March 24th, 2008, 15:47
awsome! i love cfw and dax

wwboy
March 24th, 2008, 16:02
I got 3.93 m33

Mr-S
March 27th, 2008, 11:23

does anyone agree?

now u can make critisms and comments when you make a load of cfw's and the people of dcemu call YOU god :rofl::rofl::D

tru89x
March 29th, 2008, 01:39
Does anyone happen to have a copy of the 390 update i am currently running on the 380 but i cant find the 390 eboot for the life of me.

bacalacadaca
March 29th, 2008, 01:46
go here

http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/36

tru89x
March 29th, 2008, 02:36
Thank you.

tru89x
March 30th, 2008, 21:08
One more question i hope some can help me i tried to post a new topic to ask this but it wouldnt let me so i will ask it here. I have a slim psp with 3.90 m33 on it how do i go about loading iso's with it.

omracer
March 30th, 2008, 21:13
3.90 M33-3 is out now.

Readme.txt from M33-3

3.90 M33-3

Requeriments:

- 3.52 M33-3 or higher

Instructions.

If you are in previous version, you need to download 390.PBP and put it in same folder or let

Changes:

- March33 noumd driver compatibiilty has increased to support games like Coded Arms, Patapon, Harvest Moon Innocent Life and probably others affected by same errors.

4v3n93r
March 31st, 2008, 08:06
Dark Alex (http://dark-alex.org/) has released another update to his excellent Custom Firmware for the PSP:

Instructions.

Changes:

- Improvements in plugins loading code:

* Fixed some problems with problematic cards due to filesystem not mounted.
* Now plugins should read the faster.
* Problem fixed with lines with spaces at the end.

- Added the rest of regions to the recovery option fakeregion.

- (PSP SLIM): Added patches in nand ipl to allow Booster multiiplloader and TimeMachine iplloader to boot from nand.

Note: only 3.90 M33-2 and higher can be booted from nand in slim with those ipl loaders,
not official Sony firmwares or previous versions of M33.

Changes in updater:

- The 3.90 eboot downloading code is now more stable, no more freezes after selecting AP
- Memory stick write in the 3.90 downloading code is delayed the maximum possible for faster operation
(the system prefers big chunks of data written at once).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

where is the 390.PBP???? please help me

Voickrak
April 6th, 2008, 21:46
OMG!!! this is the most annoying problem for me right now..Alright, so i downloaded 3.90m33 and the original 3.90 update from sony. I put it all in the folder under PSP/GAME/UPDATE and it was saved as an eboot and 3.90.PBP.

The Annoying part is that now everythings supposed to work BUT, when i go to game when i turn my psp on and click on the update, It goes and everything, screen turns black, and then it says "The game could not be started.(80020148). and thats it.

Im sooo confused someone please help. this is annoyingly weird.
I have the original fat psp..as they call it now..losers..but someone please help me out with this.

Email [email protected]

Specs:

Fat psp
version 3.80
4 gb card
Never downloaded custom firmware on it before, nor homebrew, so maybe im missing something basic. and plus i could use a little bit of info on what umd dump is.

Once again: [email protected]

omracer
April 6th, 2008, 21:51
Specs:

Fat psp
version 3.80
4 gb card
Never downloaded custom firmware on it before, nor homebrew, so maybe im missing something basic. and plus i could use a little bit of info on what umd dump is.

Once again: [email protected]

What i've changed to blue & bolded is the problem. You will have to use pandora's battery to put CFW on it. If you don't know what pandoras battery is..........GOOGLE it.

Voickrak
April 6th, 2008, 22:31
i figured it wuz something like that. thankz buddy

tru89x
April 8th, 2008, 05:37
I have a question and since i cant create a new topic for some reason i will ask it here. Is there anyway to rearrange the icons in the game folder. So i can put my most played games on the top. If anyone can help thank you. O and i guess i should mention that i have a slim psp with 3.90 m33-2