PDA

View Full Version : New to the DS Hack scene

euden
February 13th, 2008, 21:15
Hey all, im new to the DS hacking scene, i have experience in hacking Sony's PSP, and a small bit of C/C++, anyways im new to hacking a DS, my question is what would i need? (I have a blue Original size DS..thats all i know about it, so if there is a way to tell more about what type it is etc please let me know).

I am looking to be able to emulate the GBA
(and to some extent play downloaded DS games for those who know how to do that, if it is permitted could you please PM me how to, thanks.)

with that, i leave it to you hackers of the DS! share your knowledge with me! so that i might bath and join the ranks of DS hackers =]

Dragonic
February 14th, 2008, 06:42
First you need a Flashcart. There's a lot to choose from. If you want to run GBA games you have to buy an expansion for your cart, for example: EZ Flash V 3-in-1. Then you have to get som kind of program that let you do something with the GBA games(don't know what)so you can play them on your DS. Well, I didn't explain so well how you play the GBA games, but a little. You know what kind of cart you've to buy(EZ Flash V 3-in-1). Hope it helped a little!

ajdef3
June 6th, 2008, 03:53
Cyclods, 4gb micro sd from newegg, and an ez flash 3 in 1 will do EVERYTHING you could ever ask from a ds...

darkriku2000
July 8th, 2008, 06:35
1) Speaking of downloading commercials games (Piracy) is forbidden

2) There is no need to download GBA games on your DS since the DS can play GBA games normally (unless of course you are speaking about piracy)