PDA

View Full Version : Snes9x_TYL News Update

wraggster
August 11th, 2005, 19:49
More news on the best Snes Emulator for the PSP, heres the full info:

New version still on the way, coming soon ;-) Here's some things to know with current version issues :
– games freezing & mosaic mode : use software rendering modes (software accurate or software approx.). (Mario, Final Fantasy, Lufia, ...)
– no sound & game freezing, but emulator's menu still accessible : you have probably turn off sound and reactivated it after. This is not and cannot be supported, as in Zsnes or Snes9x on PC. When you turn off sound, the sound processor is not emulated anymore, so the sync between main cpu and sound cpu is lost for the snes. Another solution is to save your game using original snes saves (save IN the game, not using savestate). Then turn on sound in menu, reset the snes and load your game. Of course this can be done only in game that support saves (RPG, Zelda, Mario, ...) If you want to gain a little speed and be able to turn on sound later, used "sound emulated/no output" mode. Update coming soon, with new features and fixing the crash bugs.
– PSP sleep mode issue & memory stick corruption : current version has issues with sleep mode, so please don't use it. It doesn't resume well and moreover can corrupt some memory cards. If your memory card is corrupted, try to get the remaining data on your PC using a card reader and then format it.

(i had that exact problem but ive fixed it now and you should do the same :))

Check out Yoyos site Here --> http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html

Valiant
August 12th, 2005, 03:38
So I guess these are the problems that this emu has still? Cant wait to test this one ^^. I really hope there will be a dramatic boost regarding speed (as if there wasnt when the first was released XD). But yeah...I look forward to it. Gah! Release it already XD!!! (JK)

Gredler
August 12th, 2005, 08:56
So I guess these are the problems that this emu has still? Cant wait to test this one ^^. I really hope there will be a dramatic boost regarding speed (as if there wasnt when the first was released XD). But yeah...I look forward to it. Gah! Release it already XD!!! (JK)

I'd rather him fix the memory card problem then worry about any more speed for the moment. My biggest qualm about this emulator is defenatly the stabability, and when he confirmed that his homebrew is currupting sticks I nearly reverted back to Y's. The speed and playability of Super Metroid and Secrete of Mana made me leave it, and for now I only have a 32mb stick which I back up quite frequently so I could care less if the stick were to get currupted. If I were using a 512+ stick I would defenatly revert to y's until he releases a fixed verion. I really can't wait until this release, of all the homebrew projects that deserve donations I believe this author and the guy behind PSPGenesis deserve all they get; come payday for me I will be donating to both for sure. With the stale PSP release list so far and for a while, it's not like I am going to be buying any games for a while; might as well support the people making my PSP enjoyable.

-Gredler

RabidPuppi
August 12th, 2005, 21:20
yeah the psp's lineup is pathetic, thank god for these fellas. everyone should donate just a little bit to these guys and the pspgenesis people, cause theyre the only reason to love your psp