PDA

View Full Version : 8bitjoystick: Buying a Used Xbox 360 is Worse than Used Underwear

wraggster
February 14th, 2008, 21:20
I've always been a fan of buying used video games and used video game systems. Since most games are only published and printed for a limited amount of time and each video game hardware system is only made in a limited amount for a limited period of time getting buying used stuff is often the only way to find anything older than a few years. However there is no way that I would ever buy a used Xbox 360.

Customers simply have no way of knowing what that system has been through and the state of the internal hardware. Since the Xbox 360 has design issues, parts supply, manufacturing and hardware repair problems there is no way that you can rely on getting a reliable system. Unless you know how an Xbox 360 system has been treated, used of if it's had any previous hardware problems. There is no way of knowing if it's been repaired once or a dozen times. Buying it from GameStop,Game Crazy, Ebay, Craig's List it is all the same. Places like GameStop will only test to see if an Xbox will boot up once or twice while they are deciding to accept it but they have no idea how reliable it is going to be in the long term. Getting a "repaired" system back from Microsoft is almost just as bad from getting one from a used lot. I would never ever buy a used Xbox 360 system and I think that places that sell used Xbox 360s are not being responsible to their customers.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/digitaljoystick/archives/131801.asp

morninghead
February 15th, 2008, 00:55
I donīt really agree with this. I bought my Xbox 360 used a year ago and have had no problems with it at all. Not once has it given me anything close to the Red Rings of Death and it always comes on. I also treat it well, and Iīm sure other people cram it into a small space, let it overheart, then go running to Microsoft for a rerun so thatīs probably part of the reason...

ICE
February 15th, 2008, 01:30
I donīt really agree with this. I bought my Xbox 360 used a year ago and have had no problems with it at all. Not once has it given me anything close to the Red Rings of Death and it always comes on. I also treat it well, and Iīm sure other people cram it into a small space, let it overheart, then go running to Microsoft for a rerun so thatīs probably part of the reason...

Its going to die tomorrow now that you said that.

steve520
February 15th, 2008, 05:27
buying an xbox360 is badnews from the get go it will probably die at least 2 weeks after you get it. oh fdamn i havent posted here in forever.