PDA

View Full Version : SmashGpsp 0.2

wraggster
August 11th, 2005, 20:39
mATkEUpON's (http://membres.lycos.fr/matkeupon/) has released a new version of his excellent Smash Brothers Clone for the PSP, heres what he says:

Enjoy the technical advantages of the PSP, in this second version of SmashGpsp. New menus, 60fps gameplay, bilinear filtering, 222MHz... The 2d engine has been totally rewrote !!!!

Download this awesome PSP Homebrew game Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/smashgpsp.shtml

Cap'n 1time
August 11th, 2005, 22:00
mATkEUpON's (http://membres.lycos.fr/matkeupon/) has released a new version of his excellent Smash Brothers Clone for the PSP, heres what he says:

Enjoy the technical advantages of the PSP, in this second version of SmashGpsp. New menus, 60fps gameplay, bilinear filtering, 222MHz... The 2d engine has been totally rewrote !!!!

Download this awesome PSP Homebrew game Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/smashgpsp.shtml

this is a large improvment over the last version.. last time it was just cool... now its actually fun! :)

RitchBetts
August 11th, 2005, 22:57
I have been trying this on my 1.5 but it won't load. I can't even get v0.1 to run on my 1.5. Any one else?

ganon
August 11th, 2005, 23:36
then try convert the eboot from 1.0 to 1.5 with seipsptool

Cap'n 1time
August 12th, 2005, 00:11
make sure your not only putting the 1.5 files in, but also place the game folder in the directory WITHOUT *%. then you should be just fine.

RitchBetts
August 12th, 2005, 00:25
make sure your not only putting the 1.5 files in, but also place the game folder in the directory WITHOUT *%. then you should be just fine.

Thanks that makes more sense now. Cheers guys. Wow thats really good.
I should read the read me files more carefully.

Cap'n 1time
August 12th, 2005, 01:04
I wish we could spark more interest in character development.. I mean.. this isnt exactly mugen.. but its damn good! I dont have enough patience to use the editor.. and the level designe tools are an absolute head ****...

shadowprophet
August 12th, 2005, 01:42
I wish we could spark more interest in character development.. I mean.. this isnt exactly mugen.. but its damn good! I dont have enough patience to use the editor.. and the level designe tools are an absolute head ****...

Mugen :p Gawd I miss mugen:p just the sound of the name brings back happy memories:p Mugen:p mugen :p mugen :p

Ahh now thats thats all out of my system, oh wait.... mugen :p

Yeah I think im better now.
What are the odds of ever seeing it on psp, I wonder:confused:

Oh wait.

Here is comes.
Mugen :p
Ahh thats was good :p

Cap'n 1time
August 12th, 2005, 01:43
Mugen :p Gawd I miss mugen:p just the sound of the name brings back happy memories:p Mugen:p mugen :p mugen :p

Ahh now thats thats all out of my system, oh wait.... mugen :p

Yeah I think im better now.
What are the odds of ever seeing it on psp, I wonder:confused:

Oh wait.

Here is comes.
Mugen :p
Ahh thats was good :p

sadly mugen wasnt open source (in fact, i remember reading a rule posted by the staff that said not to suggest ports of mugen on DC a year ago XD)

there is an openMugen project.. but i havnt heard much from it.

edit: hmm it seems openMugen is still alive and kicking
http://openmugen.sourceforge.net/main_new.html

Jul 11th 2005:
New Demo for linux and Windows out!!!
+Go and get the new demo with a lot of updates here a list
+Added TargetBind,TargetState, SelfState, Turn , TargetFacing controller
+Added IsBound Trigger
+Added Costume change states in hitdef controller
+Collision detection is now better
+Fixed Successive direction symbol reading and interpreting bug
+Added GuardHandling
+Added BindObject class for binding controllers
+Added Targets of the player
KFM can perform all his attacks now!!!!!!!!!!
Try his throw by getting near to his opponent and press F + y

edit again: whoa... i just tried out that demo.. they are making some amazing progress! this is one we should really support. :)

shadowprophet
August 12th, 2005, 02:02
Possible mugen on psp :confused:

Ahhh mugen :p

ps Mugen :p

Ahh feel all warm and fuzzy now :p mugen:p

By the way its really not like me to go completely off topic. But you know a quake 3 mod that was really good? . Bid for power , It was freaken awsome back in the day, I would love to see somthing like that on psp:p

Ps. For those of you that dont know what bid for power is, Im glad , It leaves me with a little dignity. But I will tell you anyway. It was never officaly released. It was a dragon ball z mod for quake 3. It was really fun, If you happened to be a dbz fan back then. I grew out of my dbz craze, but the mod was still great :p

turtleghandi
August 12th, 2005, 04:46
First off let me say this is a good game with great potential. Not to complain. I'm very thankful for another release. I though I would be very disappointed for such a good homebrew to die, but I'm happy it didn't. The graphics look a whole lot better on this release. It's also a little less glitchy. I kind of liked the old icon better though, but whatever. The only real issues I have with this game is the glitchiness and the CPU randomly getting stuck on ledges. Also the CPU AI seems to be a little bit retarded. It doesn't drastically affect regular gameplay, but if you put 2 CPU players against eachother, they tend to get stuck in infinite jumping loops. Once that stuff is out of the way this will be a great game, I could see having some kind of progression involved. Having a homebrew game where saving was possible would be a big leap for homebrew games. This is probably the best hb game I have played for the PSP though (sorry to dissapoint the makes of those matching games).
btw
Does anyone know if this has support for more than 2 pages of characters? If you wan't to start making chars, that would probably be a good thing. Also I must be too young to know who/what Mugen is, b/c I can't say that I've ever heard of it.

coheedcollapse
August 12th, 2005, 06:51
Yeah, this DOES have support for more than one page of characters, but I had a problem in which my screen froze up when i picked one from one page and one from another.

I totally agree with you on the save feature. It'd be awesome to see this turn into a lower tech version of SSB with an arcade style progression and maybe secrets to unlock (secret extra modes, hidden characters, etc.)

I can't believe someone developed a cool spot character. Man....where is Sepiroth or Dante. :D

Cap'n 1time
August 12th, 2005, 06:56
I can't believe someone developed a cool spot character. Man....where is Sepiroth or Dante. :D

well, you havnt made it yet ;)

Gredler
August 12th, 2005, 09:17
I am down to try and make some characters, I doubt I can make anything as complicated as dante or whatever; I can start out with like a moon dude from earthbound or something though; the character editor is pretty uncomplicated.

-Gredler

parabolee
August 12th, 2005, 14:25
It is uncomplicated but it takes a decent amount of time to put a characters together that runs well without glitches. Seen long threads on other boards with a whole bunch of people working on chracters and the only two that came out of it were from the same guy (Master Cheif and one of the Covenant), they are pretty good though.

slayer2psp
August 12th, 2005, 20:10
there is no way this is playing at 60fps its real choppyand not much fun

shadowprophet
August 12th, 2005, 22:01
To be honest I do believe its running at 60 fps, its ultra smooth for me.
And I like it a lot. I do think it would be a whole lot funner tho if it supported adhoc multiplayer-at least.

But unlike a lot of people, Thats your opinion and your intitled to it. So im not gonna flame ya for it :p

dman32
August 20th, 2005, 00:59
Is the new version so smash for psp v1.5?? If so is there a problem with psp homebrew/emulators and using a 1gb mem stick?

John_CenaFU
August 20th, 2005, 05:51
i dont get it. how do i put it on my 1.5?

edit - yes there are post on how to do it. but i still dont get it. :mad:

turtleghandi
August 21st, 2005, 05:01
Somebody needs to make a grunt. Here's some sprites I found.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/gbtrimonlinux/grunt.jpg
I don't think theirs enough to make the whole thing though and I'm terrible at anything remotely related to development.

otakurelix
September 5th, 2005, 18:49
Its a fun game, are there any more releases after the last one? I wish it didn't crash so much.

capsule_corp
October 14th, 2005, 23:51
can any one make a naruto character

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8016/narutospritesheet9gh.th.png (http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=narutospritesheet9gh.png)

if you could that would be great

lilo61ent
May 13th, 2008, 16:47
can some body put a simple tutorial of how to put character and a link for them