PDA

View Full Version : DSVideo v1.01 Released

wraggster
February 15th, 2008, 21:46
News/release from Dom: (http://dsvideo.recoil.org/downloads)

We've released version 1.01 of DSVideo, now available from the downloads page.

This is a bug fix release for the encoder and should fix a few problems with some videos. In particular, if you have seen the error message "Unhandled input video frame rate 23.979144" or if the encoder has just frozen before printing any message at all, please retry using the new version.

In addition, the encoder can now be run with just the name of the input video file (no need to pass the output file name), and it will use the video file name with the extension '.dsv'.

A complete list of changes in the encoder is included in the download, in the file CHANGES. The decoder hasn't changed in this release.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DarkJesus
February 16th, 2008, 02:35
Yeah, this new version encodes a lot better. The devs of this project are amazing, so helpful, fixing the problems in such a short amount of time.

da_head
February 16th, 2008, 05:20
no one has answered my question yet! is it worth switchin from moonshell to this? quality wise?

DanTheManMS
February 16th, 2008, 05:36
Well, the fps maxes out at 12.5 here, and the files it produces are still fairly large, so I'd recommend staying with Moonshell for the time being. Moonshell's DPG format is a modified form of MPEG, which uses a different form of compression than this Wavelet form. MPEG compresses by getting blockier, while DSVideo compresses more by blurring. Try the same video with both formats to see which one you like better.

Eyedunno
February 16th, 2008, 09:39
I would think this format would be ideal for something like animation though, with sharper lines and a lower framerate anyway (usually).

iofthestorm
February 16th, 2008, 18:29
I keep getting DEP errors in Vista when trying to encode, not sure what's up with that. The sample video looks really nice though, although I dunno whether it's better than DPG. If the filesize is smaller it'll probably be worth it, but it's probably about the same.

sbmile
February 18th, 2008, 02:48
how do i convert videos?

DSmanic!
April 24th, 2008, 03:36
Or more specifically how do you convert AVI files to .dsv? DSVideo can't find my AVI files, tried renaming it but no luck, guess I gotta convert it but I cant find the file format to convert. I'm using Total Video Convertor. Please reply I wanna try this. :)

DanTheManMS
April 24th, 2008, 04:38
You should be able to just drag and drop your video file onto the converter .exe program.

EDIT: the converter supplied on the site that is, not "Total Video Converter" or whatever else you're using.

joeb2880
July 26th, 2008, 20:07
hey r u danny miles?

RustyMG
July 30th, 2008, 00:49
Hi all.
Having problems downloading the dsvideo-gui.zip file from the author's home page - the file seems corrupt (I have the most recent version of winzip so its not that) - anyone else noticed this, or have any idea where you can download the gui front end for the encoder ?

Many thanks :)

sandeepthukran
November 9th, 2009, 06:05
hey any can tell me in which player i can play the .dsv file.thanks in advance.