PDA

View Full Version : Hulk & Bischoff starting their own wrestling promotion

Dr._Zoidberg
February 15th, 2008, 22:04
Probably won't happen but you never know...

---

Hulk Hogan to start WWE rival

HULK HOGAN is just days away from launching his own wrestling federation, The Sun can exclusively reveal.

The legendary former WWE champion claims he and ex-WCW supremo Eric Bischoff are currently in discussions to take on his old boss Vince McMahon head-to-head.

He revealed: “Last night me and Eric were getting ready to sign a deal with one of the TV networks here in America.

“We had a little bit of a problem with the licensing and merchandising, which has delayed it.

“But I totally expect we’re going to sign the TV portion of this very soon, because there’s no point in starting any sort of wrestling organisation without the TV locked in place.

“Now we’re just arguing among the lawyers on how to protect the brand and the image and make sure it’s a fair deal for everybody.

“Once we’ve wrapped the TV up we’ll make the official announcement. The network want to make a really big deal of it.”

Hulk added: “The basic idea will be the same as WWE, but I pray to god it’s nothing like what’s on TV now.

“I’m a fan, but it is pretty boring programming. It’s watered down and unexciting, and the viewer doesn’t have any option except to have it shoved down his throat.

“We’re going to have a lot of back story for viewers to understand why these people are doing what they're doing.

“It won’t be family members in the back writing storylines on things they know nothing about.”

Hogan does face one massive hurdle in building his own wrestling group – most of America’s top grapplers are already under contract to WWE, TNA or ROH.

But he maintains: “There are a lot of unhappy campers in the WWE and there are also a new breed of wrestlers that Vince McMahon hasn’t explored yet, that we have.

“And I’m in better shape than I have been for about 10 years.”

Wrestling is just one of many projects for Hulk.

He is the host of the hugely successful American Gladiators remake, has a range of branded products in the shops and is now even the face of the £3.5million FLW Fantasy Fishing game.

So with a second series of Gladiators on the books, and lots of money rolling in, does The Hulkster really want to face the trials and tribulations of the wrestling business once again?

The answers is a resounding 'yes'.

He insists: “Wrestling is in my blood. It will always be a part of my life in some way.”

As Hulk rushed off to call his TV network, we asked what Vince McMahon’s views on his plans were.

“I have no idea what Vince thinks or knows about all of this,” Hogan replied.

“I don’t speak to him.”

Source: The Sun (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/article808724.ece)

wraggster
February 15th, 2008, 22:24
neat

WWE isnt a patch on what it used to be

Dr._Zoidberg
February 16th, 2008, 10:51
Agreed, WWE is pretty bland these days and TNA is too goofy for most people.