PDA

View Full Version : PSPTube 2008/02/16 Released

DarthPaul
February 16th, 2008, 10:47
SofiyaCat (http://nekomimi.cafe.coocan.jp/wiki/?%CA%AA%C3%D6) has updated the famous video-streaming application for our PlayStation Portable.

Changelog:

- "video-enabled version of the search specification change"
- A few bugs were fixed
- You can read video comments

Sorry, we're not Japanese, we can't fully understand what's written on that site. If you find any other changes, go ahead and tell us.

Note: The attached file only contains an Eboot.pbp, in order to make it work, Download the previous version here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90467), copy it to the PSP, and then replace the new Eboot with the other one.

Download and Discuss via Comments

Buddy4point0
February 16th, 2008, 17:43
video comments eh?
thats a cool new feature. If my psp worked i'd update right now.

Nikolaos
February 16th, 2008, 17:48
I wish support was added for custom video sites.

gamefreak199101
February 16th, 2008, 18:14
this is great but i think that theres to much in between releases, he should work on one like for a month or so and then make it work good and then release but then again i greatful for this , also i wish for the custom video site too

jackschmaltz
February 16th, 2008, 18:35
this program is good but i can never tell the difference between each release. as suggested by gamefreak, think it would be better if he held back all the minor updates but keep up the excellent work :D

mike_jmg
February 16th, 2008, 19:10
Yeah, there's too much minor releases, I have every one of them, and haven't got the time to test any, LOL

mike03$$$
February 16th, 2008, 21:35
downloading now..... video comments nice wonder if i can type comments myself

koh-kun
February 16th, 2008, 23:40
Well he did the update because a lot of Japanese people use Nico Nico Douga instead of Youtube; and up until this release (since a few weeks ago I think) Nico-dou didn't work because they changed the way they search for videos. He basically fixed that and a few minor bugs.

For us North American/Europeans that don't use Nico-dou so much, it's not a worthy update but to the people in Japan it's a life-saver. Personally, I don't really like Nico-dou…

At least that's what I understood from the site!

Elven6
February 16th, 2008, 23:54
Um Im lost, how do you search for videos in the newer releases? It insteads ask's for a URL

Joe88
February 17th, 2008, 08:23
Yeah, there's too much minor releases, I have every one of them, and haven't got the time to test any, LOL

I just download the latest one and delete the old ver

No_one_in_particular
February 17th, 2008, 13:26
How is there too many releases? One a week - if that, and it takes about 2 seconds to replace the old PSPTube on your MS. If it bothers you, why not just hold off from updating for a month? Personally, I'm never disappointed to see a new release. Can't wait to see how the comments work, and if he/she's fixed the few bugs I spotted. :)

limmk
February 17th, 2008, 14:42
too many releases - ppl complaint
no releases - ppl complaint

duh...

you all should be grateful that ppl like Dax, Ahman, SofiyaCat and many more are contributing to the scene

jxx2005
February 17th, 2008, 16:31
i'm liking it so far

EDIT
works great
but froze when i tried to go back to my XMB during a video

Elven6
February 17th, 2008, 16:43
Is anyone able to help me out with my previous question?

No_one_in_particular
February 17th, 2008, 17:02
Keep pressing Select to get to the site you want, and then press O to search. It's been like that for ages !

How do you view comments ?

Elven6
February 17th, 2008, 18:19
Well whats that open URL thing for? The last version I used took you to the search feature automatically after finding a connection.

No_one_in_particular
February 17th, 2008, 19:53
To open a URL directly ? I've never used it, personally.

I'm not sure which version you had, but the way I said above has been the method for months now.

I've still yet to work out how to view comments...

pkmaximum
February 18th, 2008, 04:39
I wish we could get Veoh back =(

jesusfreakjosh
February 18th, 2008, 21:32
Hey Guys,look im in desperate need....... how do i get the quake arena for psp on my psp and all that kind of stuff? My psp is hacked and has the latest firmware............HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Jesusfreakjosh463

xg917
February 18th, 2008, 22:13
this is awsome. i havent used psptube since release 8/17 2007

there has definately been a huge improvement. this works perfect on 3.52 M33. i use psptube more now than ever.

gunntims0103
February 20th, 2008, 18:22
Trying it now, I wish Veoh could be brought back. Veohs search module is constantly being changed. Maybe later it will make a come back on PSPTube.

486dx
February 24th, 2008, 03:18
It is funny xg917 that you say that ... ive used psptube version 8/17/2007 for ages and so far I can get any newer ones working ... also some black screen with a error message flashes so fast i cant even read it..

Help .. can someone with 3.90 m33-2 and a phat psp that has it working pls upload your memory stick folder.... Ive tried feb 11th and 16th version both are the same nothing . I have the folder placed in the game 380 folder, and i have also tried game150 with no luck.

thanks everyone!!!!
486dx

No_one_in_particular
February 24th, 2008, 03:54
What'd be the point ? Their folder would be exactly as the same one hosted here, with a few videos in favourites. If your kernal's set to 3.90 put the folder in your GAME folder.

jurkevicz
February 24th, 2008, 04:26
I have yet to try this app.

bigmak123456
February 26th, 2008, 05:58
ok i need help..arnookie tried to help me with the newest release for this app..but it didnt help me as much as it did for evry1 else...so heres wat i did.i put the file i downloaded into my game folder and replaced it with ther new eboot..how do i use it now....srry for asking all theese newb questions but this is literally only lie my 5th day of using homebrew apps/games =]

oo and i'll put this in the other psp tube forum too jus in case no1 reads this 1 =]

alex1192
March 25th, 2008, 17:28
use the highest update of psptube and put i your dev id in the place(s), just place it game

AdamRav
March 25th, 2008, 18:55
whats the latest version of psp tube ??

anyone know ?