PDA

View Full Version : 79 year old video game player

rmedtx
August 12th, 2005, 17:31
I think this article is really cool.

Q-Bert Champ Seeks Perfect Score

(CBS) Most video game champions end up retiring long before they get their first real job.

However, The Early Show contributor Laurie Hibberd recently met a woman whose passion and skill for video games seems to only be improving with age. And, she's nearly 80.

For the "Young at Heart" series, Hibberd went to the classic video game championships in Laconia, N. H., where gaming wizards from across the country gathered to bump, flip, and shoot their way into the record books. Among them was 79 year-old Doris Self of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Her game of choice is Q-Bert.
... Continues

Here is the link where you can find the rest of the info:
Link (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/07/06/earlyshow/series/main706917.shtml)

DCDayDreamer
August 12th, 2005, 18:08
You're never too old to enjoy any passtime really (unless it's physical and the old bones just don't work anymore), you're certainly never too old to be a big kid with video games!.

Just looking at her smile makes me wish my gran was still alive to try out some of the amazing stuff we all take for granted these days.

Good for her!, hope she lives to a ripe old age to see the launch of the Playstation 79.

xuphorz
August 12th, 2005, 18:35
my grandad is 82, and he still plays Mario Kart 64. he even beats me occasionally :p

DARKGATE
August 13th, 2005, 07:46
=D MARVELOUS, is beauty read this =)

Mental2k
August 14th, 2005, 22:08
quite random there darkgate, hmm, i hope i can still play them at that age.