PDA

View Full Version : serious dreamsnes problem PLEaSE NEED HELP

NintendoGod
August 12th, 2005, 23:32
i have both discjuggler, nero image files for dreamsnes, but i am having tourble getting the roms onto the same disc HELP ME!!!

nothingman
August 13th, 2005, 00:16
hi mate, im not sure how you add the roms to a nero image but you could do what i do, which is load up dream snes then swap the disk with a disk fall of roms and then click select game and the games menu will load.

mh777
August 13th, 2005, 00:36
If you want to make a DreamSNES disc with the emulator and roms on the same disc, you have to use the "plain files" version. You also have to make the disc self-bootable yourself, and there are plenty of excellent tutorials dealing with that subject floating around the various Dreamcast sites. It's either that or using the disc swap method that nothingman mentioned. Either way, good luck!

NintendoGod
August 13th, 2005, 01:06
ok yea i have tired some but i keep wasteing disc's and well i downloaded this installer, called dsinstall with pike but when it boots up it can't find my cd drive for some reason, could anybody recommend a goos tutioral site for me thats easy because this is getting really complacted

clumzy
August 13th, 2005, 01:07
Best.
download dcinducer v 4 from www.sbiffy!.com and dreamsnes .sbi files,
then make inducer with dreamsnes,then put roms in folder "snes" in main folder "inducer"
easy & simply.

all this you find on sbiffy!com

NintendoGod
August 13th, 2005, 01:16
where is it i looked around sbiffy! but i can't seem to see it

clumzy
August 13th, 2005, 01:46
http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/files/ dcinducer v.4 .exe
and
http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/browse/browse.cgi?browse&Emus list of most wanted emus :)

NintendoGod
August 13th, 2005, 02:01
i found dreamsnes, but i can't find dcinduser?

clumzy
August 13th, 2005, 02:08
http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/files/
top down is a file Sbindv4.exe
look closely

NintendoGod
August 13th, 2005, 02:40
ok i have sbinducer installer, the dreamsnes and the roms in the snes file, so how do you use selfboot inducer to install it

clumzy
August 13th, 2005, 12:36
instal sbinducer on hd.
open file Sbinudcr,
inside open folder tools.
then folder Makesbi.
put your .sbi files dreamsnes
next klick Makesbi.exe.
makesbi.exe create new file " Rename.sbi" (you make rename dcsnes.sbi)
put this files in folder Sbi in main directory Sbinducr (dont forget start file register,then you delete file register)
if you done klick Sbinducr.exe,
opened window.
select multi menu and extract sbi.
if done klick icon to disc juggler,nero.etc.this create image cd to burn.
then just burn in disck juggler or nero(choose icon program)

ps.if you want do this with others emulators,apss ,etc. in the same way.
all your emus you make have in one cd.
image cd created with sbinducr this is selfboot.speed to burn x8 maximum.

NintendoGod
August 13th, 2005, 15:28
thank you for all your help but i have one more problem, i have slefboot inducer running and it starts to make the discjuggler file or nero then right before its done i get a error, one says C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsfot windows appications." then it gives me the option to close or ingore i choose ingore and i see the file in the folder then it dissappears. if you could help me i would love the advice

clumzy
August 13th, 2005, 16:47
You must write or download litlle patch for autoexec.bat
if you want i can send to your mail.its only 54kb
and everyting is working in dcinducer when created cdi image.

NintendoGod
August 13th, 2005, 18:33
yea could you send that to my email at [email protected] please and thank you

NintendoGod
August 13th, 2005, 18:47
does anybody have that patch thaat i can use please let me know!!!!!!!!!!1

clumzy
August 13th, 2005, 23:47
okay.
i send this file to your email.check it out.
your problem is fixed :)

NintendoGod
August 14th, 2005, 00:34
ok if works now, but it makes the file and i see it pop in the sbinducr folder but when its done it dissappers, what gives?

clumzy
August 14th, 2005, 01:09
you heave atoexec.bat ?
double click mouse run this.
next make inducer and create cdi image thats all.
if you run autoexec.bat all works in sbindcr.

NintendoGod
August 14th, 2005, 01:16
you i have that, and its runs no errors, but when it is done the file disappers, unless i did the pro cess worng i exztracted the file in to the sbimaker then i make the sbi, use the inducer to extract and clikc on multiboot and i use discjuggler icon, but when it completes it dissappers

Emulation_Chief
August 14th, 2005, 16:47
Hello:

There's another tool you can use to create that Dreamsnes image with the ROMs on the same disk: DreamcastFactory. It is available on dcemulation.com or other DC sites that has the tool for download. The program itself has everything you need, including auto updates of the scripts it uses.

The program is very simple and very intuitive. Download the main program and the update; install it; configure the options and update the scripts; start the wizard tutorial. Each step in the wizard tells you what it needs to create the disc. Be sure you have the "plain files"of Dreamsnes before using DCFactory. Otherwise, the program has a Download button so you can acquire the correct plain files.

Give it a try and tell me later.

NintendoGod
August 15th, 2005, 02:33
i got the right files for dcfactory and it get about 75% through and says file not found

clumzy
August 16th, 2005, 00:02
NintendoGod dont use multiboot option when create cdi image.
use single menu option and create cdi,must work.

clumzy
August 16th, 2005, 00:08
you i have that, and its runs no errors, but when it is done the file disappers, unless i did the pro cess worng i exztracted the file in to the sbimaker then i make the sbi, use the inducer to extract and clikc on multiboot and i use discjuggler icon, but when it completes it dissappers

NintendoGod dont use multiboot option when create cdi image in sbindcr.
use single menu option and create cdi,must work.

sorry for 2 posts.

NintendoGod
August 16th, 2005, 03:57
it still dissappers after its finished so i have no idea what to do

clumzy
August 16th, 2005, 12:00
you have windows xp ?
becose that autoexec.bat work on xp.
anyway i duno what is wrong,try download sbindcr one more time,or meayby your roms
its not god .
i try send to you corectly cdi image sbindcr withs dreamsnes and few roms.
stay tuned :) (you must unziped before)

cbecker333
October 18th, 2005, 20:54
Best.
download dcinducer v 4 from www.sbiffy!.com and dreamsnes .sbi files,
then make inducer with dreamsnes,then put roms in folder "snes" in main folder "inducer"
easy & simply.

all this you find on sbiffy!com

Easy and simple EXCEPT for the fact that this doesn't work for me at all.

I've tried every single tutorial I can find. I've wasted 20+ CD-Rs. I've tried every variation of SelfBoot/inducer and I've tried burning with Nero, DiscJuggler and MagicISO.

NOTHING WORKS. Someone please for the love of god help me.

cbecker333
October 18th, 2005, 20:57
FINALLY got this working - had to use CDRecord through sbinducer. PITA