PDA

View Full Version : The Burning Nintendo Question: Now What?

IndianCheese
February 17th, 2008, 00:04
I haven't posted on DCEmu for a few weeks now, but something has been bothering me for a while now.

The Nintendo Wii was a VERY successful console, totally outselling both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 (which had over a year on the Wii, mind you). But here is what is bothering me: now what? Will all of Nintendo's future consoles be fully interactive like the Wii? Will they all do as well as the Wii has? How far will Nintendo take the idea of interactive gaming? And are we going to see the end of push-button gaming in the future?

So far, new consoles are usually better graphics, faster processors...you know, the works. But it's not everyday that a gaming company takes the leap that Nintendo did. In my own opinion, it seems that Nintendo would want to stray from this path that other consoles seem to live by and rather take advantage of the possibilities of interactivity. But I haven't the slightest idea what this may entail, or what kind of "interactivity" we may see in the near future.

I'd like to know what you all think. Please respond via comments.

paul3100
February 17th, 2008, 08:34
i would love to see VR (virtual reality) :thumbup:

I know Vr has been out for a while now but its expensive and not available main stream!

A simple/cheap vr head set with possible clove device to match, the head set to get the 360 view of the game and the clove could to interact .

The clove could be used to ride a motor bike, fighting and so on just like the wii control .

I think that the ps2 was a large leap from traditional game consoles due to being the first to have a built in DVD player and being able do online games + backwards compatibility! only pc's upto this time could do those things.

paul

moers
February 17th, 2008, 08:49
besides the protable nintendo products such as ds ,advance and sp mehh

they were good but im thinking that they will experiment with this and make a new protable device with almost everything you could ever dream of.......

they really need to put a internet explorer in there.........although u can install one but they shud internally have one....

I xfire I
February 17th, 2008, 10:52
i would love to see VR (virtual reality) :thumbup:

I know Vr has been out for a while now but its expensive and not available main stream!

A simple/cheap vr head set with possible clove device to match, the head set to get the 360 view of the game and the clove could to interact .

The clove could be used to ride a motor bike, fighting and so on just like the wii control .

I think that the ps2 was a large leap from traditional game consoles due to being the first to have a built in DVD player and being able do online games + backwards compatibility! only pc's upto this time could do those things.

paul

the dreamcast did online before ps2, and the ps2 one was pretty half baked, xbox was the only true online console of that gen. the only reason it had backwards compatibility was because they had cds that were used in the ps1 no other console had the choice to do backwards compat as they didnt have a system before it or used carts.

paul3100
February 17th, 2008, 11:49
the dreamcast did online before ps2, and the ps2 one was pretty half baked, xbox was the only true online console of that gen. the only reason it had backwards compatibility was because they had cds that were used in the ps1 no other console had the choice to do backwards compat as they didnt have a system before it or used carts.
I xfire I is online now Report Post Reply With Quote

Forgot about the dreamcast online capability's!

For what ever reason the ps2 still had the dvd playback and backwards compatibility first from out the box.

The megadrive/genesis also had backward compatibility with the master system but required an add on for it to work

I can't see any games manufacturer putting every little thing they can think of as for one it would be very expensive and secondly they like to bring out v2 models so they can sell us the basic product twice like the psp and ds have done!

paul

Da_ALC
February 17th, 2008, 13:30
Well, nintendo are in no rush to get on with whatever comes next. The Wii is still selling hot, and if you remember, Mayamoto said he was going to break the current console life cycle.

Whatever does come next, we can expect the gfx to be on par with that the 360/ps3 is doing now, but of course the "PS4" and "Direct-X-Box" will be out with better gfx all over again and the Nintendo console being cheaper all around.

I see VR as a big posibility, Nintendo can make it cheap enough with the tech they allready have, but, VR is not very "family oriented", if anything its just the oposite forcing lonership. Which im all for by the way, I want VR!

Nintendo are making a point of hanging on to what games used to be. Simple but fun.
There is the generation that has lived with games all their lives and expect more from their games because thats how it has been.. bigger, better, badder. There is also the new generations constantly on the rise who have skipped a step, missed out on pacman, and are a new audience to repeat the old with all over again.
The point is this, expect Nintendo to inovate in a way which keeps to the oldskool gaming formula. No need for manuals or tutorials, just pick up and play.

onetwentyeight
February 17th, 2008, 14:17
nintendo's next or even current needs to turn the wiimote camera back at us while we don ir emitting peripherals.

johnny lee forever!

while typing this i just thought of a great use for the wii fit board - super monkey ball!