PDA

View Full Version : Help Shadowprophet decide.

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2008, 01:38
okay, tax returns have came in, and after meticuliously budgeting everything.

I can get one of these two fabulous items.

behind door number one is the eepc.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1411/eepckm2.jpg

some info about the eepc gizmo. (http://www.mwave.com/mwave/asuseepc.hmx)

This is the eepc, it has an 800 mhz processor, seven inch screen. that runs off some custom linux software. I really want one cause they are kind of suave and my old laptop has this fist shaped busted pixel patch on its screen, for uhhh... unknown reasons. :o

And behind door number two, is the ps3

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2681/ps3satinsilverjapantopgpj8.jpg
in the same price range as the eepc, and I want one because I recently lost my xbox 360 in a red ring incident. and it would be nice to have something to play other then just the wii.

So between the two what would you guys pick? which ever comes out on top of the poll will be my final decision.
as I would be equaly happy with either.

So decide for me, What should shadow get. the eepc or a shiny new ps3?

PSPdemon
February 17th, 2008, 01:51
hmm..... i would go with neither, because i dont like sony products ( psp was the last sony gaming console i buy ) and i dont like EEPC ( they look like playskool kiddy laptops.... just look at all that plastic around the screen >_< )

I would say save your money... but if you had to choose..... i guess PS3..

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Gizmo356
February 17th, 2008, 02:03
Get a PS3 great games comming out this year and then I could have the chance to own you :)

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2008, 02:14
Get a PS3 great games comming out this year and then I could have the chance to own you :)

ive been thinking about it. the eepc looks nice, but maybe not as nice as a ps3, i mean, god of war 3, and metal gear solid 4, and final fantasy xiii

i do have some ps3 questions though,

is the ps3's net connection wireless and is it built in to the ps3 or do i need a specail adapter? are the controllers wireless natively?

Gizmo356
February 17th, 2008, 02:17
ive been thinking about it. the eepc looks nice, but maybe not as nice as a ps3, i mean, god of war 3, and metal gear solid 4, and final fantasy xiii

i do have some ps3 questions though,

is the ps3's net connection wireless and is it built in to the ps3 or do i need a specail adapter? are the controllers wireless natively?

Yep it has built in wireless you just enable it when you set up your connection and the controls are wireless natively the only time they have to be connected via usb is when you are charging them.

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2008, 02:18
Yep it has built in wireless you just enable it when you set up your connection and the controls are wireless natively the only time they have to be connected via usb is when you are charging them.

and what would you recomend as a first ps3 game, since the three titles I want most of all arent out yet?

oh and is bioshock confirmed for the ps3?

Gizmo356
February 17th, 2008, 02:23
and what would you recomend as a first ps3 game, since the three titles I want most of all arent out yet?

Thats a tough one, It would have to be Uncharted and after you play that Resistance, Motorstorm and heavenly sword are awesome games.

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2008, 02:31
Thats a tough one, It would have to be Uncharted and after you play that Resistance, Motorstorm and heavenly sword are awesome games.
cool thankies gizmo:cool: you have helped me a lot, and I had forgotten about heavenly sword its very god of war like., I will make sure to pick that one up:cool:

ninja9393
February 17th, 2008, 02:35
I say the PS3

but it really depends on your situation

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2008, 02:53
hmm my friend just told me that the cheaper ps3's the 399.00 ones wont do blue ray backwards compat. and dont even have an hdmi slot?

is this true, can someone educate me on the diffs in the ps3 models. I want one that does blue ray, and it must have hdmi. backwards compat would be nice too.:(

Gizmo356
February 17th, 2008, 03:02
The 80 gig has backwards compatability and a built in card reader + a copy of motor storm but the 40 gig lacks card readers and ps2 backwards compatability. All ps3's include the hdmi port though.

EDIT: All ps3's have blu-ray

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2008, 03:11
The 80 gig has backwards compatability and a built in card reader + a copy of motor storm but the 40 gig lacks card readers and ps2 backwards compatability. All ps3's include the hdmi port though.

EDIT: All ps3's have blu-ray

how much does the 80 gig unit cost it sounds like the better deal. I think my store only has the 40 gig units.

Gizmo356
February 17th, 2008, 03:18
I cost $500 USD

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2008, 03:20
I cost $500 USD

you have been very helpful through my barrage of questions:cool: I am grateful for that :thumbup:

I will be picking up a 80 gig modle ps3 very soon, you will be the first person I add as soon as I get it online :cool:

Napalm-Death
February 17th, 2008, 03:53
=D I can't wait to see you online. Will you be on MGO when MGS4 comes out?

Gizmo356
February 17th, 2008, 04:05

I know we'll all be on :D

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2008, 04:09
absolutely :cool:

I know we'll all be on :D
absolutely :cool:

I cant wait for mgs4,
I hear eternal sonata and bioshock are coming out for the ps3 also. so I cant wait :cool:

ICE
February 17th, 2008, 04:12
I actually want an eee pc... 45 second boot up time and great speed throughout sounds great.

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2008, 04:26
I actually want an eee pc... 45 second boot up time and great speed throughout sounds great.

yeah, I would be happy with either, but the ps3 is sounding really good right now:p

but I shall stick to my word. whatever wins the vote. is the item I will buy :cool:

so if eepc wins., it's an eepc for me.
it looks like the ps3 is ahead so far :D

Gizmo356
February 17th, 2008, 04:35
Does the poll have a closing date?

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2008, 04:38
Does the poll have a closing date?
I forgot to set a closing date. so let's just say. who ever is on top one week from today will be declared the winner :cool:

I dont believe I would be able to restrain myself from buying one or the other. for over a week. So we will end the poll then :)

Gizmo356
February 17th, 2008, 04:44
Oh, ok. I hope PS3 wins so I can see you online :D

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2008, 04:47
Oh, ok. I hope PS3 wins so I can see you online :D
Dont worry bro, I have a good feeling about the ps3's odds' :cool:

Napalm-Death
February 17th, 2008, 04:55
A week?! That's too long! :P

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2008, 04:58
A week?! That's too long! :P

But in fairness I have to give people time to vote. the higher those numbers go either way, the more informative it will be in helping me decide :cool:

Napalm-Death
February 17th, 2008, 05:12
lol I guess you're right. Now excuse me while I go make another 50 accounts to vote for the PS3.

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2008, 05:18
lol I guess you're right. Now excuse me while I go make another 50 accounts to vote for the PS3.
:p

DPyro
February 17th, 2008, 05:40
Hiya Shadow! If you get a PS3 go with the 80GB ($500). Comes with Motorstorm, card readers, PS2 compatible and 4 usb ports vs. 2 for 40gb.

Games to look for:
Devil May Cry 4
Unreal Tournament III
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Resistance: Fall of Man
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Call of Duty 4
Warhawk
Folklore
Everyday Shooter (PSN download)
Calling All Cars (PSN download)
Super Stardust HD (PSN download)

Those are just some of the games I can name off the top of my head. BTW if you do get the PS3, don't forget to add me :thumbup:

mike_jmg
February 17th, 2008, 08:08
If you really want one of this two, I'd go with the ps3, since the eeepc only has 4Gb hard drive and wouldn't fit too much stuff in there, better keep the laptop

Accordion
February 17th, 2008, 08:29
Hiya Shadow! If you get a PS3 go with the 80GB ($500). Comes with Motorstorm, card readers, PS2 compatible and 4 usb ports vs. 2 for 40gb.

Games to look for:
Devil May Cry 4
Unreal Tournament III
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Resistance: Fall of Man
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Call of Duty 4
Warhawk
Folklore
Everyday Shooter (PSN download)
Calling All Cars (PSN download)
Super Stardust HD (PSN download)

Those are just some of the games I can name off the top of my head. BTW if you do get the PS3, don't forget to add me :thumbup:

All great games. Keep an eye on GDC next week to see whats coming up as well.

Dont forget to order a Dualshock 3, should be cheaper than sixaxis from import [i used an ebay seller] and having two controllers is always good.

Is there still 80gb units in stores though?

Anonymous D
February 17th, 2008, 11:21
a mate of mine has an eeepc, and while theyre well made and well thought out, i dont think youd get the use out of it compared to a ps3. plus its not exactly a powerhouse sdo if you want to do anything cpu intensive while out and about your stuck. i vote ps3 (thatd run linux to if you wanted).

edit: afterthought but isnt the eeepc like half or less the price of the ps3? so the option rly would be eeepc + stuff.

dejkirkby
February 17th, 2008, 13:09
If you don't get a PS3, I'll be forced to slap the yellow off your teeth, chess-speaking...

Shrygue
February 17th, 2008, 14:28
Get the Playstation 3, it's ace and it will be even more so when some more great games start coming in to store shelves.

Gizmo356
February 17th, 2008, 15:55
eepc = owned on poll.

Eviltaco64
February 17th, 2008, 19:40
yeah, I would be happy with either, but the ps3 is sounding really good right now:p

but I shall stick to my word. whatever wins the vote. is the item I will buy :cool:

Am I the only one that can imagine JKKDARK making 15 accounts to say otherwise? :rofl:

EDIT: Get the PS3, at the time it is the most promising of the 3 imo and will probably be the best homebrew console of them all.

kcajblue
February 17th, 2008, 20:51
if you still havent gotten anything yet, i say eepc.

not the ps3. :P

pibs
February 18th, 2008, 08:32
get ps3, resistance 2 FTW!!

souLLy
February 18th, 2008, 09:55
If you haven't decided yet, I'd say no on both of them and pick up some new Wii games and keep the change :)

kcajblue
February 18th, 2008, 19:12
hmm.
soully has a really good option here.

mine has now changed, it is eepc or more wii stuff.

ExcruciationX
February 18th, 2008, 19:28
hmm.
soully has a really good option here.

mine has now changed, it is eepc or more wii stuff.
Yeah, good point there, souLLy.

I'd say go with the PS3. It has good games.

Triv1um
February 18th, 2008, 20:37
If you don't get a PS3, i will have to touch you in your special places.

Eviltaco64
February 18th, 2008, 21:33
If you don't get a PS3, i will have to touch you in your special places.

Michael Jackson said the same thing when he did PS3 ads...

DPyro
February 19th, 2008, 17:40
Hey Shadow, when you get your PS3 you can find used 60GB PS3's (full PS2 bc) or new 80GB PS3's from Amazon.com ;)

You can also try toysrus.com ($10 Off Any PS3 Video Game when you buy ANY PS3 Game System!). They may still have the 20GB with full bc ($300 - no built in wifi though) or you can find the 80GB as well.

shadowprophet
February 23rd, 2008, 06:31
I've decided to get a ps3. By the time a lot of you read this. I should have mine. sadly. I will have to settle for a 40 gig ps3. I have called all over the state every electronics outlet I can think of only has the 40 gig. As sad as I am about this, I will just have to cut my losses and enjoy a non bc ps3.

oh well, the way I see it, Bc is a great feature. and even though we love the feature. how often truly do we truly use backwards compatibility in any console, I have a wii, and I rarely ever play game cube titles in it. as I opt to play the wii games more often.

Oh well c'est la vie :rolleyes:

Now on to better things. Time to get my groove on with some heavenly sword and maybe that simpsons game :thumbup:

Napalm-Death
February 23rd, 2008, 06:40
What's your name on the PSN? I'll add you before I go to bed. :D

shadowprophet
February 23rd, 2008, 07:20
What's your name on the PSN? I'll add you before I go to bed. :D
I figure i'll have it by the end of today., i'll have to go to bowling green I just called my local store and they are out of stock untill tuesday, with any luck at all, i'll have mine by then end of the day :p
as soon as im set up, i'll post my psn name here :D

what is a really great online title to pick up? I want something that most people here would have so we can get some online matches set up :)

BrooksyX
February 23rd, 2008, 07:26
get the PS3, I think an EEPC is just a novelty item that really has no use in the real world.

oops looks like you already got a ps3. Have fun man.

shadowprophet
February 23rd, 2008, 07:28
get the PS3, I think an EEPC is just a novelty item that really has no use in the real world.
oh yeah bro, polls closed now, ps3 won by a land slide :cool:

with any luck i'll be picking up my ps3 by the end of the day :p

Triv1um
February 23rd, 2008, 10:06
Hey SP, add Cactussteakus, when you have everything set up ;)

Accordion
February 23rd, 2008, 14:36
don't buy the Simpsons game!

Shame about not having BC, the upscaling works quite well. can't get enough SotC, ICO, and REZ…ever

PS3 must have list:
Everyday Shooter
Super Stardust HD
Ratchet and Clank
Warhawk
Uncharted
Tekken online
Pixeljunk monsters [remote play works great with this]
Call of Duty 4 [if you didn't play it enough on 360]

While both flawed, Motorstorm and Resistance are still great games and are worth a budget price

Napalm-Death
February 23rd, 2008, 16:00
what is a really great online title to pick up? I want something that most people here would have so we can get some online matches set up :)

Unreal Tournament!!

WhizzBang
February 23rd, 2008, 17:19
The Eee PC is a lovely machine but is only really suited for browsing the internet. The keyboard is a bit painful to use and it is very easy to miss-type letters so writing an email is a bit of a pain as you are constantly going back and correcting yourself. Maybe after a while you get used to though.

I voted for the PS3.

Shrygue
February 23rd, 2008, 18:26
Oh yes, I so totally knew the votes would be in favour of you getting a Playstation 3. Shame you were only able to settle for the 40GB model, no PS2 game backward compatibility at all. Plus, it only two has USB ports. Oh well then. Still, hope you like it when you get it. PS3 is ace!

Shadowblind
February 23rd, 2008, 18:27
I'd have to say PS3. After all, you have a 360 and Wii already, and it sure beats the he** out of a laptop.

shadowprophet
February 24th, 2008, 00:00
Im on my ps3 right now in fact :cool: Psn name ShadowprophetS . l’d like to thank everyone for helpin me decide on a ps3. this thing is awesome it does almost everything the 360 does plus it's got a web browser and plays most psone titles, very suave indeed :d

Napalm-Death
February 24th, 2008, 02:15
I added you, I'm DBelmont. =)

Gizmo356
February 24th, 2008, 03:08
Woot add me my PSN is in my sig :D

Napalm-Death
February 24th, 2008, 03:26
Woot add me my PSN is in my sig :D

Gonna add you in a sec.

ExcruciationX
February 24th, 2008, 03:56
Drat, I sorta want a PS3 now. :D

Gizmo356
February 24th, 2008, 05:19
Finally some DCemu buddies to play with :D

Triv1um
February 24th, 2008, 17:11
Finally some DCemu buddies to play with :D

Sexually?

Sonicboy 101
February 24th, 2008, 17:18
Im on my ps3 right now in fact :cool: Psn name ShadowprophetS . l’d like to thank everyone for helpin me decide on a ps3. this thing is awesome it does almost everything the 360 does plus it's got a web browser and plays most psone titles, very suave indeed :d

Sweet. I haven't added you, but my PSN is Sonicboy_101 for you and everyone else. I haven't been on lately and might not for a while since my internet provider is keeping tabs on how much bandwidth I use, but I'll come on once in a while.

Safari Al
February 24th, 2008, 20:21
Drat, I sorta want a PS3 now. :D

I know how you feel :(.

On a side note i just thought about this. I added shades on live and never got a chance to play :eek:. Sorry shades :(

shadowprophet
February 24th, 2008, 21:18

On a side note i just thought about this. I added shades on live and never got a chance to play :eek:. Sorry shades :(
dont worry about it bro, I did add you like twice, its just the luck of the draw that we never happend to be on at the same time ;)

for anyone and everyone at dcemu, the name is shadowprophets, all are welcome to add me at any time :p

Sonicboy 101
February 24th, 2008, 21:42
Hey Shades, do you have COD4? Short in campaign, but in multi-player, it's unmatchable. Must have PS3 game.

shadowprophet
February 24th, 2008, 22:10
Hey Shades, do you have COD4? Short in campaign, but in multi-player, it's unmatchable. Must have PS3 game.I dont have it yet. but i intend to pick it up sometime. I ended up getting heavenly sword and sonic, heavenly sword seems to be a very short game. and i got sonic because I really liked the 360 version ;), But yeah, i'll be picking up call of call of duty 4 very soon :cool:

Accordion
February 24th, 2008, 22:21
Buy Warhawk, quick.

I'm not much of an online player but Warhawk is amazing.

[Sonic? seriously?]

Shrygue
February 24th, 2008, 23:41
My friend Shadowprophet, you finally got yourself the Playstation 3 huh? Prehaps you might want to add me? The name is Shrygue, just like my forum name. I may not be online on my machine so much but I'll be around now and then.

shadowprophet
February 24th, 2008, 23:47
My friend Shadowprophet, you finally got yourself the Playstation 3 huh? Prehaps you might want to add me? The name is Shrygue, just like my forum name. I may not be online on my machine so much but I'll be around now and then.awesome :D

i'll add you now bro :thumbup:

DPyro
February 25th, 2008, 01:05
Sweet, now we can play online. :thumbup:
I'll add you now :)

Napalm-Death
February 25th, 2008, 03:19
Is this thread destined to be the next PSN ID share thread?

Mine is DBelmont, if you haven't added me, add me now!!11

ExcruciationX
February 25th, 2008, 04:12

We have lots of DCEmu folks on Xbox Live. Kaiser, Cap'n 1time, and Darksaviour69 just to name some other ones...

lmtlmt
February 25th, 2008, 09:44
add me lmtlmt

JKKDARK
February 25th, 2008, 13:51
rip Shadowprophet money

It's terrible to hear that you bought a PS3.

I would prefer 360+Wii

Dr._Zoidberg
February 25th, 2008, 14:45
The PS3 isn't that much more expensive than the 360, not including the crippled HDD-less version.

ExcruciationX
February 25th, 2008, 15:26
rip Shadowprophet money

It's terrible to hear that you bought a PS3.

I would prefer 360+Wii
Do you have Xbox Live?

the_eternal_dark
March 1st, 2008, 13:31

Are you also receiving the supposed $600 additional for the economic stimulus package?

ExcruciationX
March 3rd, 2008, 15:48
Are you also receiving the supposed $600 additional for the economic stimulus package?
Hmm, I wonder what he'll buy... I'd say some silver, the dollar's going down the tubes.

the_eternal_dark
March 3rd, 2008, 18:55
Hmm, I wonder what he'll buy... I'd say some silver, the dollar's going down the tubes.

I agree, but I was wondering if he was getting that little extra cash if he was going to just buy the EEEpc anyway, since he already go the PS3. Why not have both if you can?