PDA

View Full Version : VisMake: Multichoice adventure maker

wraggster
February 17th, 2008, 17:39
News/release from Bigfish: (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4266&forum=28)

I was really annoyed at the lack of a visual novel maker for the DS, so I've started to make this: VisMake! Although, right now it's more "make" than "vis" since there's no picture support at the moment...

Although, anyways, right now it can be used to make compelling multichoice adventures, or any other text based thing. Plus, the help file was written on a real DS using this program, so that's impressive, right!

Features:
- Edit as you play
- Variable width font
- Goto action
- Page based system
- Save/Loading
- Intuitive editor (albeit REALLY ugly)

Bugs:
- Save/Load screen only works correctly when filenames entered each time are larger or equal length to the previous one... Yeah, I'll fix that soon.

Soon to be added:
- Picture support
- Integrated picture editor (A bit iffy there...)
- Typing text with blips
- Ability to change colors
- MOD file support

How to set it up:
Put all files in root directory. Patch with DLDI.

Enjoy!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DarkJesus
February 18th, 2008, 01:07
"all files in root directory" apps are evil.

Jeric
February 18th, 2008, 04:05
Yes they are. there any possible way of making the rescources go to its own sepirate directory?

Also, and this is a want for any gamem aker/storyteller thing. When you're done making it, is there any possible way to save the fianl copy as a bundled nds file or would that be an impossible feature to add in?

DanTheManMS
February 18th, 2008, 05:20
There is this filesystem library that packages all the necessary files into the *.nds file as if it was an official game, but not too many programs make use of it.