PDA

View Full Version : Melrose place Z confirmed...

shadowprophet
February 18th, 2008, 02:37
Or at least that is what the movie should be called.

It seems a live action DBZ movie has been confirmed.
But lets get something stright before I go off into my little rant.

I am DBZ fan. but by no means does that love for the series make me blind and or stupid.

My problem isnt that DBZ is being made into a live action movie. My problem is the casting director must have been high on something when he raided the melrose place reunion set for actors desperate enough to play fictional characters with magical powers..

That said. on to son goku.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8417/hmmkv4.jpg
Justin Chatwin

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4978/songokuboxartboxart160wlz0.jpg
hmm oh yeah, now I see the resemblance :rofl:

I mean, I could say a lot of things at this point. but I think the picture pretty much says it all. :(

It only get's worse. you guys can check the full atricle here if you want. (http://movies.ign.com/articles/852/852636p1.html)
As for me, I think i'll wait and pick this up at a bargain bin on blue ray when it hits.
if anything else this movie will be such an unprecedent failure,. that its bound to be a cult classic :rolleyes:

kcajblue
February 18th, 2008, 02:40
live action stuff for things like dbz usually suck, but well see how this turns out.

and oh yeah, of course, the resemblance is totally there.

the hell were they thinking.

shadowprophet
February 18th, 2008, 02:45
live action stuff for things like dbz usually suck, but well see how this turns out.

and oh yeah, of course, the resemblance is totally there.

the hell were they thinking.

I know :rofl:
If anything this movie will give us all a laugh and maybe a greater appreciation for all the legitametly great super hero movies out there like spiderman and superman ;)

Napalm-Death
February 18th, 2008, 03:05
I'm afraid to click that link...

shadowprophet
February 18th, 2008, 03:07
I'm afraid to click that link...

wait till you see piccolo and bulma, it's a riot lol :rofl:

ICE
February 18th, 2008, 03:08
This will either be pretty good or the wost movie ever made. Most likely the latter. I am interested on how their going to do the hair though...

Napalm-Death
February 18th, 2008, 03:14
wait till you see piccolo and bulma, it's a riot lol :rofl:

WHAT THE ****?!

shadowprophet
February 18th, 2008, 03:20
This will either be pretty good or the wost movie ever made. Most likely the latter. I am interested on how their going to do the hair though... you make a good point. will they go with a more realistic punk,spike,style like early 80's punk bands:confused:

or will they go full blown fantasy with the appearance and try to emulate the hair styles from the anime :confused:

I do know the special effects will be mostly cgi, So you can expect to see things like kamehameha's and enegry bursts.

This is all guess work on my part, But I assume. the story will revolve around the sayian saga. Goku finds out he is a saiyan early in the movie and trains to fight vegeta. and knowing how movies never get the timelines right on any comic book/anime adaption, I assume goku will go super saiyan tword the end of the movie while fighting vegeta.

then goku will allow vegeta to live because he respects his stringth. you know the standard condensed feature length movie plot makeover..

how hollywood loves to butcher a good story :rolleyes:

LilSwish722
February 18th, 2008, 03:32
I actually can't wait lol...Oddly enough though, I see the resemblance. Don't know how. But I do haha

Gizmo356
February 18th, 2008, 04:08
This has to be a joke lol.

ICE
February 18th, 2008, 04:39
Of all the animes to do a live action movie of they pick this? I mean sure its well known but my god how the crap do they expect to do it?

pibs
February 18th, 2008, 08:24
Of all the animes to do a live action movie of they pick this? I mean sure its well known but my god how the crap do they expect to do it?

Yup, how id love to see a live action cowboy bebop:D

as for the live-action dbz movie, I hope they roid that dude up so he wont look all wimpy like the venom on spiderman 3 damn was that a disappointment....

kcajblue
February 18th, 2008, 08:27
having to do a well known anime into a live action could be worse for them.
because a lot of people would be really expecting something awesome.

SnesR0X
February 18th, 2008, 23:30
I've been watching for a live action DBZ movie for years, including all sorts of insane rumors that Jackie Chan would play Vegeta, (right) but this is indeed the real deal. As far as the plot, in this movie it appears that the main Villian (at least in the beginning) will be Piccolo, and Goku collects the dragon balls to stop him or something. That's what I've pieced together from reading Cinematical articles about it.

the_eternal_dark
February 21st, 2008, 09:24
This is a big disappointment.... I want cgi damn it!!

SnesR0X
February 21st, 2008, 22:38
This is a big disappointment.... I want cgi damn it!!

Advent Children style?

kcajblue
February 22nd, 2008, 01:41
that would be awesome if they did that.

cause advent children was awesome.

the_eternal_dark
February 22nd, 2008, 21:03
Advent Children style?

Hell yeah.