PDA

View Full Version : 3.90 GF Official release thread

Green_Forest
February 18th, 2008, 19:17
It's my first revision of custom firmware. It's a poc and only has reversed a part of m33 vshctrl and all the reboot150 , dont have 'flasher' yet. In my free time I'm going to reverse more.
Before of flame me read the note written by GFM (my tester/manager) and try with reboot150 (if you have psp fat with kernel addon, replace it at /kd folder [flash0]) and if don't work and then if your homebrew don't work, flame me :).

Warning : The vshctrl doesn't has the launch homebrew part reversed, if you put it at flash0 your homebrew won't work. If you want try my reboot150 lose m33 vshctrl at flash.

Bye-bye, GF.

Green_Forest
February 18th, 2008, 19:18
Sorry, download mirror : http://rapidshare.com/files/92949263/GF-Poc.rar.html

Sonicboy 101
February 18th, 2008, 19:19
Is there going to be anything remotely new, or is it just a copy?

Green_Forest
February 18th, 2008, 19:27
Is there going to be anything remotely new, or is it just a copy?
It is not a copy and paste (Hex edit). It's reverse engineer from m33. Reverse something is obtain the source code looking machine code. I have for example all the code of reboot150 reversed of m33 and I can add some things if I want.

It's similar to Helldashx case, he did reverse engineer to m33 updater (I haven't done it yet) and to m33 modules (of moment I only to reboot150 and to vshctrl small part).

jxx2005
February 18th, 2008, 19:35
i dont mean to flame, so i'll start by saying good luck Green Forest.
but .....
dcemu newbie with 3 posts (all of which are in this thread), who's english isnt all that great, releases a CFW that is a reverse engineer Dark AleX's M33
DAX who is a trusted name in PSP CFW

hmm....
makes ya think

but hey
i guess everyone has to start somewhere
again i say good luck Green Forest

Green_Forest
February 18th, 2008, 19:40
i dont mean to flame, so i'll start by saying good luck Green Forest.
but .....
dcemu newbie with 3 posts (all of which are in this thread), who's english isnt all that great, releases a CFW that is a reverse engineer Dark AleX's M33
DAX who is a trusted name in PSP CFW

hmm....
makes ya think

but hey
i guess everyone has to start somewhere
again i say good luck Green Forest
Thank you jxx2005 :)
yeah I understand you, is so rare see a release custom firmware post with user that has 3 posts :)
I wait have more in the future and public more releases of it.

Thank you again ;)

boumboum
February 18th, 2008, 20:07
good luck, don't be intimidated, do your road, it is a good project, of course Dark_Alex start somewhere, you just start here on this forum don't give up, once you'll finish the first one, the next one can only be better and better ;)

thx for your stone in psp scene

Wally
February 18th, 2008, 22:06
I think Green Forest has a fair idea what he's talking about, he even talks like a DEV!
The people in DCEmu don't understand dev speak, i'll blame PSPDemon for that :D

I think maybe you should head over to ps2dev forums GF, you might run into DAX or Math there.

Green_Forest
February 19th, 2008, 13:37
Thank you boumboum and wally :D
Of moment I won't public it at Ps2dev. But if someone want public it at PS2dev or at other forum, do it. This project has been done for share with the people :)

;)

AdamRav
February 19th, 2008, 16:39
Great job dude

jas0nuk
February 21st, 2008, 19:15
This isn't a custom firmware, it won't work unless 3.90 M33 is already installed...

Coolj,
February 21st, 2008, 19:24
I smell becus25:D

PSPdemon
February 23rd, 2008, 00:59
I think Green Forest has a fair idea what he's talking about, he even talks like a DEV!
The people in DCEmu don't understand dev speak, i'll blame PSPDemon for that :D

I think maybe you should head over to ps2dev forums GF, you might run into DAX or Math there.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

arse

anyway.... i wish you the best in your project... ill definantly keep an eye on it :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

The EX
March 15th, 2008, 13:45
First of all, I don't want to be too much of a flamer. But this firmware is incredibly ripped off. It doesn't load homebrew, and ISO's don't even show up (VirtualPBP part missing), VshMenu doesn't load etc etc.
The only module that he made (well, reversed) is vshctrl, I'm not sure about reboot150 but I'm going to focus on vshctrl now, and it's really dead.
His VshCtrl is only 5KB in size, whilst Dark_AleX's VshCtrl is around the 30KB (both uncompressed).
A quick look with prxtool shows that only approx. 10% of the VshControl is reversed (so that's like 3% of the whole CF...). The "updater" he reversed is a basic flasher that only flashes vshctrl.prx (which is dead) and reboot150.prx (I'm not sure about this one).
Hence, this isn't a CF, it's even worser then offical firmware... Only things that actually work are the M33 modules..
I'm sorry, I usually don't want to judge based on my first impression, but this, seriously, fails.

Happy?

JKKDARK
March 15th, 2008, 14:00
Good luck, even if it looks strange..

hellobonacua
April 3rd, 2008, 07:35
what new about it:thumbup::thumbup: