PDA

View Full Version : DSmaps 0.2a

wraggster
February 18th, 2008, 19:41
News/release from dsmaps

This is an initial alpha release of a map viewer for the DS that downloads tiles on-the-fly from the Google Maps keyhole server. It's alpha because I've still got lots of functionality to add but the stability is actually pretty good. Please see www.dsmaps.com for full details. And leave a comment on the site to let me know what you think. Thanks!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Homerun
February 18th, 2008, 20:36
Good but could you attempt to make Download times shorter, and make it not download every time you move 1 inch?..

DanTheManMS
February 19th, 2008, 04:23
I heard that it sometimes trashes people's filesystems when attempting to create its folder. Best to create the folder yourself before running it.

km1705
February 19th, 2008, 13:22
I really like this program, can see it coming in useful. Would be a real boon if there was some way of saving a certain number of map tiles so you could use it on the go, as opposed to just at a wifi hotspot/home. Good idea though.

Sonny_Jim
February 19th, 2008, 15:22
Someone needs to knock together a script which uses this (http://www.mgmaps.com/cache/MapTileCacher.perl) to grab regions for easy viewing. Seems very buggy to start with but once it's working it's pretty good.

Pandonetho
February 19th, 2008, 23:33
km1705, you can use this without a hotspot. It saves everything you've browsed and the next time you start it up, it's all ready for you. The only time when you need to have a connection is when viewing new areas that have not been downloaded yet.

vapore0n
February 20th, 2008, 23:08
software is really great. Once I browsed the whole state in a lof of the zoom levels it was even better.

now if there were a way to download whole state map all at once :D

Da_ALC
February 23rd, 2008, 14:58
this thing is sick. Works great on r4ds, sandisk 2gb microSD formatted in FAT.
No probs at all.
Download speeds arent that bad at all concidering.
A little more functionality might be good.. Storing more than one location and maybe some touch-screen based navigating system.. being able to drag the map about n such.
Could this rig up to the satelite and hybrid g-maps also? Id like that.

awwrisp
February 24th, 2008, 16:13
i think this a really cool piece of software !

well done!!

ball2012003
May 22nd, 2008, 01:58
this is awesome works great just need to update to store maps

TeenDev
May 22nd, 2008, 02:39
stop reviving old topics!!!

roy5600
December 4th, 2009, 23:13
the bottom screen says downloading from access point but the top screen is gray. Not showing anything