PDA

View Full Version : Emulator Background: Snes9x-TYL

jambox
August 13th, 2005, 21:54
Hey, here's the background/icon I've been working on for a few days. It's specifically designed for snes9x-TYL. The logo.bmp can be copied into the snes9x-TYL directory, replacing the original bmp (this is the background used inside the emulator). The png's can be added w/ PSP Brew or... nevermind, you all know how to do this. Anyway, I know it's a little psychedelic/artsy, but if any of you like it let me know. I plan to do a full theme soon with hand-made drawings.

All images used in the file are original. Thanks to codeman38 for the awesome "Return of Ganon" font (available at zone38.net). Thanks to kaltar for the idea of posting them here. And a big thanks to yoyofr, laxer3a and thunderZ for the awesome emu!

jambox
August 24th, 2005, 23:18
Hello...
I made a new background/icon that I am pretty proud of. This one's for Gameboy/RIN. If anyone has any requests for changes in these images or any other questions, let me know. I can change a lot of things like text very easily since I have the files saved w/ layers in photoshop. Oh, I also recommend making a duplicate of the file "psp-bg-gameboy.png" and renaming it "rinmenu.png" and throwing that in your Rin menu. It looks awesome. Thanks to Nintendo for the Super Mario Land 2 sprite and thanks, of course, to Mr. Mirakichi for the awesome emulator! Oh yeah, and thanks to dcemu.co.uk for letting me put these in their forums. Wraggster, let me know if/how you want me to include the dcemu logo in any of the images.

d00gie h0wser md
August 25th, 2005, 01:13
this gameboy theme excites my red, green, and blue photopic, color, receptors (or 'cones' to the lay-person, unless that lay-person be lay-pauly shore in which case 'cones' refers to something completely unrelated to this post and is instead delegated as an identifier of certain accentuators on the female body) while the monochromatic color scheme of the gameboy games themselves stimulates my more sensitive, and much more numerous, scotopic, non-color, receptors (or 'rods', which i am not even going to get into what this specifies to that poor weasel* lay-pauly shore for you can probably manage the figuring of that one on your own!) resulting in a beautifully choreographed dance between both 'rods' and 'cones', an ocular ballet known as phototransduction made possible only through the use of gameboy and your so brilliantly provided themes.

thank you good sir.. thank you!

*it has come to my knowledge, much surprisingly in fact, that lay-person pauly shore is indeed no poor weasel.. he is in reality a very rich weasel.

RabidPuppi
August 25th, 2005, 01:19
d00gie... YOU excite me

jambox
August 25th, 2005, 04:29
Thanks, d00g. Your words have inspired my index clicker to create more beautiful images in the style of "console on wood". These images are made to replace my previous images for the Super Nintendo emulator snes9x-TYL. For this one I must again offer thanks to Nintendo for the sprite image of our hero, "Link." In addition, my heart-felt thanks go out to eBay user mdc29 for auctioning off his Super Nintendo and providing a picture of the system for me to plunder. And as always, thanks to yoyo, laxer3a and thunderz. You guys have the magic touch and possibly the magic stick.

Edit: I shrunk the Super Nintendo and changed the Link sprite. Now you have a choice between a blue background or the classic red wood background. You can even mix and match, I don't give a damn.
This one's dedicated to d00g md.

Cap'n 1time
August 25th, 2005, 05:50
its got an interesting look to it alright.

jambox
August 25th, 2005, 18:19
Thanks, 1timeuser. I'm going for a more distinct style. Classier images for tomorrow's PSP, today.

jambox
August 25th, 2005, 21:49
Alright, continuing in the "Console on Wood" series, here's ScummVM. Both Dark Blue and Original Red Wood versions are included in the zip, but only the Dark Blue version is displayed here, because I think you have a pretty good idea of what the red one's going to look like. Thanks to the TommyBear & JoostP & the rest of the ScummVM-PSP team, and thanks to LucasFilm for the Guybrush image. Also, thaks to MixNMojo for continuing to provide an awesome LucasFilm/Scumm community.

Mourningstar
August 25th, 2005, 22:11
How do you use these?

jambox
August 25th, 2005, 22:47
here's how (sort of) (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50503&postcount=12)

d00gie h0wser md
August 26th, 2005, 00:50
these people need to get a sense of style like you have jambx...

ATTENTION PNG GRAPHICAL ARTISTS:

GET OUT OF THE FUTURE AND INTO THE (K)NOW.. I (K)NOW THIS IS THE YEAR 199X AND ALL BUT PLEASE, CAN WE NOT PARTY LIKE IT'S STILL 198X?!

thanks,

dhmd

jambox
August 26th, 2005, 01:45
Thanks for your kind words, d00gie. You may be the only person on DCEmu to appreciate my organic urban-retro style, but what a person to have as a supporter! Such wit and bombast will continue to be rewarded; I'll keep posting 'em so long as you keep responding. Do you have any requests? I was thinking about continuing & finishing the "Console on Wood" theme with NES and PCE, then moving on to my original plan of hand-made drawings. My PSP looks incomplete right now with this half-finished theme, but Oh! How it will look when the theme is at full cusp... !!

Giga Phil
August 26th, 2005, 02:00
Your designs are very bold and in your face, certainly a style you don't see very often anymore. I quite like it :)

jambox
August 26th, 2005, 02:08
Whoa, thanks Giga. That's like praise from the pros coming from you! Do you make yours w/ Photoshop as well, or do you have any recommendations for graphics programs/plug-ins?

Giga Phil
August 26th, 2005, 11:40
Just photoshop as it comes, can't say i've found anything better than PS and I doubt I will. Amazing program.

jambox
August 27th, 2005, 01:41
I agree, Giga. Photoshop is an incredible tool.
Anyway, here's another new one. This one is for the Wab Version Changer. I haven't even used the Version Changer yet myself, but I figure it's a pretty important release, plus I had an idea for a background and icon that I wanted to try out. This is my favorite so far, and I think I may go back and change some of the other "Console on Wood" backgrounds/icons to include different kinds of images. Anyway, here it is. Enjoy.
Thanks go out this time to the Sony exec. showing off his toy robot.

jambox
August 27th, 2005, 18:03
Ok, this next one is officially the best yet. It's for NesterJ. Thanks to Michelangelo for "the Creation of Adam" & thanks to Nintendo for the powerglove. If you'll notice, this one even includes some trendy scanlines! Enjoy.

Edit: One of the layers was alligned weird. Had to change that.

Cap'n 1time
August 27th, 2005, 18:08
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1017&stc=1
ok.. that one is just too good not to put somewhere on my psp!

jambox
August 28th, 2005, 16:21
Thanks 1timeuser! I changed it a little today, the top layer was misalligned to the left and I didn't notice it until I put it on my PSP.

jambox
August 28th, 2005, 23:30
I decided to hit the Lynx this weekend with some right-wing political legends. Take a moment to soak this one in; it's a doozy. This is in continuation of "Console on Wood"'s new approach. Thanks to Atari for the Lynx, thanks to 'Exceed' for the emu.

Edit: Oops. Thanks to Nasa for the Sun diagram.

djwirtz
July 13th, 2006, 11:24
i have no idea what all this is and how to do it,,but great job

B-RAD
July 14th, 2006, 14:08
how do u download this

jonsicoli
October 1st, 2006, 06:34
now make one for chrono trigger!