PDA

View Full Version : Ice Package 1.2 Released - PS3 Hacking and Exploits Download

wraggster
February 18th, 2008, 20:42
Team ICE has released Ice Package 1.2 today, and it contains some new and updates from their previous release.

Changelog:

1.2:
----
+ RADTools
+ Home Beta Exploit EU
+ HDD Format SELF
+ Customize your XMB Version 2.0
+ Motorstorm Exploit US
+ Resistance Exploit US
+ Motorstorm Exploit Fix
+ Resistance Exploit Fix

Download Here (http://ps3-evolution.dcemu.co.uk/ICE_Package_1.2_ps3haxNET.rar) (20MB) and Give Feedback Via Comments
via ps3hax (http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=3046)

Napalm-Death
February 18th, 2008, 20:46
XMB customization?

DPyro
February 18th, 2008, 21:07
Custom avatar

Xiofire
February 18th, 2008, 21:25
Custom avatar

Could this be a bannable offence in Sony's eyes? I would like to change my avie, but dont want my PS3 to get banned cus of it.

-Xiofire

Napalm-Death
February 18th, 2008, 21:33
Thanks $n!pR, I hope it isn't a problem with Sony, but I'll find out sooner or later.

Eviltaco64
February 18th, 2008, 21:55
I cant wait to see what homebrew PS3 will get...Think about it, Mario 64 finally playable on a Playstation console! Conker + Netplay?

crona
February 18th, 2008, 23:11
hey, umm... I've been using tons of PSP homebrew, but I've never really heard of any PS3 homebrew... I'd really love to start getting into, hopefully as early as possible, but could someone post a description of the programs and exploits that this pack has? or point me in the direction of information on all PS3 homebrew thus far? thanks in advance :)

Triv1um
February 18th, 2008, 23:29
hey, umm... I've been using tons of PSP homebrew, but I've never really heard of any PS3 homebrew... I'd really love to start getting into, hopefully as early as possible, but could someone post a description of the programs and exploits that this pack has? or point me in the direction of information on all PS3 homebrew thus far? thanks in advance :)

nothing of any use... PS3 hasnt got homebrew yet.

crona
February 18th, 2008, 23:58
nothing of any use... PS3 hasnt got homebrew yet.

well, i know that it doesnt have any REAL homebrew out, but it has this whole pack... so my question is what is this pack? and what exploits are being worked on to allow homebrew?

MicroNut
February 19th, 2008, 10:37
This is a collection of hacks that have been on the net for a long time.
It includes their own version of a hacked tiff that crashes the PS3.
This tiff is a modified version of the same file created by Tavis Ormandy used on the Ipod
Its a long way from being used to find an exploit in the HV.
Also included is an updated version of their Elf to Self creator.
The app allows you to covert your own ELF's (non encrypted) into Self files that can be launched from the XMB.
So far nothing significant has come from this hack.
Its the idea at the core of all the other included hacks.
Yes, modding your avatar requires the use of the DNS SCE website spoof.
This can be seen by Sony as an attempt to circumvent protection for PSN downloaded games.
The spoof is primarily used so you can play those games from the PS3 HD without having to acquire a proper license.

mcoutlawz
February 19th, 2008, 20:01
For those of us who can't read console language, what does this hack do? Anything good?

fattmoe
February 20th, 2008, 01:22
For those of us who can't read console language, what does this hack do? Anything good?
ok, ok so far it just crashes ur ps3, and allows u to change ur avatar(which isnt recommended coz theres a possiblilty of getting banned)