PDA

View Full Version : Blu-ray Xbox 360 Planned By Microsoft as Early as May?

wraggster
February 18th, 2008, 21:33
Rumours were circulating today that Microsoft is set to dump HD DVD and bring out a Blu ray Xbox 360 by as early as May 2008.

Insiders at Microsoft in the USA have told SmartHouse that Microsoft have already configured a standalone Blu ray player that can be connected into an Xbox 360 and that subject to internal marketing and sales approvals the model could be on sale within 3 months.

The Company has also been working on a built in Blu ray player however insiders are claiming that Microsoft see the HD format battle moving online with consumers offered 1080p movie and content files as a download as opposed to having to buy a HD or Blu ray DVD.

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Gaming/Console/J7L7H2R4

Eviltaco64
February 18th, 2008, 21:52
Downloading HD movies?
Well, if you have 30GB of space just to watch a movie once or twice...
And if MS sells the 360 with Blu-Ray, I WILL get pissed.

Shrygue
February 18th, 2008, 22:38
An Xbox 360 with built-in Blu Ray capability huh? I wonder how much it would costs if were to happen and if Microsoft would get around to fixing the overheating and other hardware issue that causes the console to break down and show the 3 rings of death.

Elven6
February 18th, 2008, 23:08
Why would the build a Blu Ray player Xbox? That's the dumbest thing I have heard, they could have done the same with HD DVD before the Christmas rush if they wanted to capatalize.

Hiei311
February 18th, 2008, 23:17
ehhh i gave up on M$
first there 360 catchs on fire then 3RROD and then vista, u know i never liked them lol, trying to turn 360 into a shitty ps3, i bet it will cost more then ps3
arnt m$ trying to make a handheld???

Eviltaco64
February 18th, 2008, 23:26
An Xbox 360 with built-in Blu Ray capability huh? I wonder how much it would costs if were to happen and if Microsoft would get around to fixing the overheating and other hardware issue that causes the console to break down and show the 3 rings of death.

I'd say if they did, the overheating wouldnt be repaired.

///***IN NEAR FUTURE***////

MICROSOFT: (You hear in a Tajik dialect) Hello, welcome to Xbox Tech Support!

CUSTOMER: Hello, I just recently purchased a 360 elite w/blu-ray drive. I turned it on and got these red rings.

MICROSOFT: You will have to wait an extra two months, weve lost so much money that we've revived the Pony Express to save a few bucks on shipping.

*Sends 360 back to Microsoft.

CUSTOMER: Ok, I just got my replacement 360 in the mail...the box says Xbox 360 Core..and there's an Atari Jaguar inside the box...

MICROSOFT: Yes, well it should have TWO controllers!

CUSTOMER: Nope, just a donkey fetus.

MICROSOFT: Well then I will give you not one...but TWO expired tickets to Six Flags Fell on France.

CUSTOMER: Cant you PLEASE just give me what I paid for?

MICROSOFT: We're sorry, we have run out of replacement Xbox 360s. Would you settle for a BRAND NEW Emachines with Vista Home Premium!?

CUSTOMER: You call THAT piece of shit a compromise!? Im gettin PS3!!

And that, my friends, is gonna end up being me when my 360 breaks.

onetwentyeight
February 19th, 2008, 01:07
i'm all for downloading hd movies as i'm more of a renter than a buyer to begin with. with today's given entry costs for either hd-dvd or blu-ray, having an add-on version for a video game console has always sounded ludicrous to me.

if either format were to survive to the next generation of consoles (sorry, hd-dvd), am i supposed to keep my old console around just for movie watching? i don't still use my dreamcast for vcd nor my ps2 for dvd. if i ever decide to go blu-ray, the ps3 is still a clear winner both cost-wise and extra features-wise (it plays games i'm told).

mcdougall57
February 19th, 2008, 01:13
at least your given a choice if you want blue ray or not, a lot of people dont buy the ps3 for blue ray the majority buy it because its the next best thing to a ps2

jmendes
February 19th, 2008, 02:49
HD movie download? I´d have to wait a week to watch a movie i can rent/buy in 1h.... no, i´ll pass.

ryan2006
February 19th, 2008, 15:39
hmm but would sony want m$ to have a blu-ray 360 i know it means more money but if they didnt it more people would more likely go for a ps3 than 360(people who want hd movies(new 1s lol)):rolleyes:

vtd@.//
February 19th, 2008, 19:14
I'm guessing it's an add on via usb? I'd buy it for 200 usd at most. Anymore and I will have to succumb to buying a ps3... oh well at least haze is coming? right? right?*crickets chirping*