PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware Extender 2.0

wraggster
February 19th, 2008, 01:41
News/release from Cpasjuste: (http://mydedibox.fr/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=18&Itemid=53)

I have updated my plugin to version 2.0, here is the changes :

Quote:
- Removed usb/wifi ISO streaming for multiples reason, principaly it was not the goal of cfe at the beginning.
There is now "USB ISO Loader" by psp.padawan that will do the job well.
You should soon be able to grab it from http://www.mydedibox.fr/~psppadawan/

- 390m33-2 and 150_340TM custom firmware now supported (cfe should now work on any firmware),
note that on the 150_340 time machine firmware, the ftpd server will not work,
and remotejoy under ISO/HOMEBREWS won't work too for now. All other functions should work well.

- Time Machine compatibility : You can now reboot "on the fly" from one time machine firmware to another,
just edit the cfe.config file under "ms0:/seplugins/cfe/" to choose which firmware you will reboot to
by pressing a combo button. Format is the same as the original time machine configuration file.
Default configuration is NOTE+LEFT => reboot to 150_340 firmware, NOTE+RIGHT => normal reboot (NAND).

- Remotejoy fixed to work on both slim and phat psp, without savegame bugs, so it should now be
completely usable for gaming and recording.

- Tested on 390m33-2 and 150_340TM firmware on SLIM and PHAT psp.

- And more, can't remember all the work i have done on this

========================= =======
CUSTOM FIRMWARE EXTENDER 2.0
========================= =======

"Custom Firmware Extender" is a set of plugins that will add some extra option to your SONY PSP.

With "cfe 2.0" you should be able to :

- Hook some Vsh menu functions (replace icons function).

- Start a ftpd server while under the VSH (PSP Menu).

- Make some in-game videos with the help of remotejoy from tyranid.

- Reset the PSP with a button while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO/HOMEBREW), including dark_alex "time machine" support.

- Power off the PSP with a button while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO/HOMEBREW).

- Change the speed of the PSP CPU/FSB while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO/HOMEBREW).

- Start and stop Usb Mass Storage under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO/HOMEBREW).

- Take some screenshot while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO/HOMEBREW), saved in the PICTURE folder.

- Enable full screen brightness.

- Enable Usb Mass Storage at startup.

- Set a default CPU/BUS speed at startup.

- Set a default brightness level at startup.

- Fully configurable via a configuration file.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

porchemasi
February 19th, 2008, 01:58
it would be awsome if Cpasjuste could work with Dark AleX and incorporate this into the official M33 releases!

DarthPaul
February 19th, 2008, 01:59
I think this is an awesome alternative to have this lot of features now that iR Shell is not fully compatible with firmware 3.90 M33. I'm really looking forward to more releases, because this is awesome.

watupgroupie
February 19th, 2008, 03:12
Usually i just skim past these kinda things but this actually looks pretty sweet. Looks like a must download for anyone looking for ease and simplicity. I'll post back later with results.

Suzuka09
February 19th, 2008, 03:16
anyone have mirror yet?

LAMPRO
February 19th, 2008, 06:49
i wish he put the music prx in there too. no one is doing that yet on 390. its the most missed plugin.

this will do till the update i guess.. but i need my music!!

DarthPaul
February 19th, 2008, 18:17
Here's the download for both; Time Machine and normal Custom Firmware, all-in-one. Enjoy!

TRIPLEM
February 19th, 2008, 18:38
Im having some problems trying to install and one know any tutorials for it?

DarthPaul
February 19th, 2008, 20:08
To install:

- Extract the file
- Copy the seplugins folder to the root of your Memory Stick.
- Go to the Recovery Menu on your PSP.(holding the R trigger while booting)
- Go to the Plugins option
- Enable the cfe_game.prx if you want to use the plugin in games, cfe_vsh.prx if you want to use the plugin in the XMB, and cfe_pops.prx if you want to use it when playing PS1 games.

smokepsp32
February 20th, 2008, 01:53
nice one bro...

donutman
February 21st, 2008, 03:57
well it aint working for me at all i have version 3.71 m33-4 and nope dont work

Coolie4
February 21st, 2008, 14:44
i hate how this integrates with TM. it alters TM's config file so that it forces it to boot into NAND (adds NOTHING = "NAND"; to the top), then once in xmb can you switch to a different FW using cfe config file. the problem with this is that you can only boot to 2 of the 3 possible firmwares for your psp, and pandora is not one of them.

say you brick your psp and your only pandora ms is the one you use TM for, which is quite likely. without cfe, you would simply have to boot with the up button pressed down, but with cfe the only possible thing to boot at startup is NAND. so now your screwed because u cant boot pandora unless you editted your cfe config to include pandora, which is stupid and useless and wont work if your bricked anyway.

/end rant

its a nice attempt... but just isnt worth it.

im sure the sourcecode could be editted so that it doesnt alter tm's config, and maybe adds a few more boot buttons... but im too lazy to look through it at the moment. maybe someone else will.

edit: all i did to get it working was comment out anything mentioning reset in CFE's config file

# Set the reset buttons
#resetButton1 = "LEFT";
#resetButton1_TM_BOOT = "/TM/150_340/ipl.bin";
#resetButton2 = "RIGHT";
#resetButton2_TM_BOOT = "NAND";