PDA

View Full Version : Please anyone help me.

MadMardigin
August 14th, 2005, 00:33
Anyone can help me. Yes I am a newbie to the psp hack/modding community but I ask for anyones help. I need a 1.5 update file I keep getting so close but no luck finding a 1.5 update. I have a brand new PSP i used my warrenty to get but the psp came as the 1.51 update already on it. I am hoping to find the 1.5 update so I can see if it will overwright my current psp version which is the 1.51. Please help. I cant do anything with the 1.51

[UPDATE] I have found the JP PSP 1.5 upgrade will that work with an american PSP???

Code Ninja
August 14th, 2005, 01:37
It is not currently possible to downgrade the firmware at all. In theory a Japanese 1.5 patch would work, if there was an american system with a lower version than 1.5. As it is, no the Japanese 1.5 patch will not work, neither will an American 1.5 patch.

MadMardigin
August 14th, 2005, 02:59
Man, i would love to help make the down grade but i am not good with that stuff all i can do is put a comp together and get it workin. Is there a team with a site or like fourms that are making the downgrade.

MadMardigin
August 14th, 2005, 03:00
If there is it must be stickyed so more people can help get that done.

benny blanco
August 14th, 2005, 07:13
The only thing i can tell you is to keep the psp you have to play psp games, if you want to have a pocket computer that does everything get a 1.0 from japan. 1.5 psp's are slow. the 1.5 is made for america, it has a sharp lcd tft which post the psp graphics in pixels. All psp games are made with knomes which are more than 10 times smaller than a pixel. So an American psp's are junk. The 1.0 from japan is made with a samsung screen which is better than sharp by alot. Samsung screens on the psp make the graphics look smooth, while the american psp's games are dotted with pixels, I did the comparison myself. I also compared what dead pixels look like in a 1.0 japan to a 1.5 american. The dead pixels in the sharp screens are bigger than what a dead pixel looks on the samsung screen. If you really want to downgrade there is only one way. You have to buy a 1.0 motherboard for $150 from sony- if they will sell it to you. Then you would have to strip it to nothing and rebuild it with the 1.0 motherboard, which is nearly impossible to get it back together the right way. But my advice to you- It is impossible to run any emu's on 1.51 and above because there is no direct circuitry between the memory stick and the screen. If you upgrade from 1.0 to 1.5 it fries half the circuits in the connection. if you upgrade past 1.5 you fry all the circuitry between the memory card and the screen, making it impossible to run any games from the memory card. if you bought a 1.51 there arent any circuits between the two, so there is no possibility of running any emu's on 1.51. Sorry, Bite the bullet and buy a 1.0 or you will never be happy. 1.5 sucks. oh ya, i read a couple of rumors saying that certain memory cards make the psp run faster in loading emu's is complete bullcrap, only the 1.5 is slow for emu's, The 1.0 is extremely quick and easy, it doesnt matter 1.5's are slow and dont even run half the emu's available, get a 1.0 and never upgrade it.

bill00000
August 23rd, 2005, 10:43
My 1.5 runs everything I throw at it. Please name which half of the emus don't work, because every one I've tried works for me. And most homebrew takes as long as that white PSP screen to boot. And direct circutry between the MS and the screen being "fried"? Where did you get that info? Don't you think it might need to run through the processor first? And besides that, how does 2.0 play movies from the MS if your "fried circutry" theory is correct? I really doubt Sony put a friggin self destruct mechanism in their product.

Oh, and why do 1.0 users report the same slow-downs when running emulators as I do?

I can't believe no one replied to this crackpot yet.

DDRLord
August 23rd, 2005, 16:42
The only thing i can tell you is to keep the psp you have to play psp games, if you want to have a pocket computer that does everything get a 1.0 from japan. 1.5 psp's are slow. the 1.5 is made for america, it has a sharp lcd tft which post the psp graphics in pixels. All psp games are made with knomes which are more than 10 times smaller than a pixel. So an American psp's are junk. The 1.0 from japan is made with a samsung screen which is better than sharp by alot. Samsung screens on the psp make the graphics look smooth, while the american psp's games are dotted with pixels, I did the comparison myself. I also compared what dead pixels look like in a 1.0 japan to a 1.5 american. The dead pixels in the sharp screens are bigger than what a dead pixel looks on the samsung screen. If you really want to downgrade there is only one way. You have to buy a 1.0 motherboard for $150 from sony- if they will sell it to you. Then you would have to strip it to nothing and rebuild it with the 1.0 motherboard, which is nearly impossible to get it back together the right way. But my advice to you- It is impossible to run any emu's on 1.51 and above because there is no direct circuitry between the memory stick and the screen. If you upgrade from 1.0 to 1.5 it fries half the circuits in the connection. if you upgrade past 1.5 you fry all the circuitry between the memory card and the screen, making it impossible to run any games from the memory card. if you bought a 1.51 there arent any circuits between the two, so there is no possibility of running any emu's on 1.51. Sorry, Bite the bullet and buy a 1.0 or you will never be happy. 1.5 sucks. oh ya, i read a couple of rumors saying that certain memory cards make the psp run faster in loading emu's is complete bullcrap, only the 1.5 is slow for emu's, The 1.0 is extremely quick and easy, it doesnt matter 1.5's are slow and dont even run half the emu's available, get a 1.0 and never upgrade it.

I'm sorry... but what in the world are you talking about?
Knomes?
I might be able to agree if you said they were different brand screeens (which they likely aren't, as it wouldn't be economical to buy two different kinds) but knome screens?
I won't even get started on the rest of it.
I really hope this was just a badly executed joke.

YourStillWithMe
August 24th, 2005, 02:44
MadMardigin-I was in your shoes a few months ago but i had a 1.5 and i didnt know about homebrew so i updated to 1.52 and than found out I could run it. Yes, I slapped myself in the face like 4853034858 times! What I did though was keep my PSP that I had and bought a 1.51 by MISTAKE. YES that's right!, So I was in a deeper hole. But than I got a used one with a screen protector already on it for 200$ and I still had 60 bucks left over from returning my 1.51 (I got lucky, some cool guy at Gamestop hooked me up with all the credit back even tho i was supposed to get $200.00!) So But I got my 1.5 and I plan on NEVER upgrading it! (unless 1.51 or 1.52 gets cracked.) But then I took my 1.52 and upgraded to 2.0 and sold it to my bro for 200$ so basically I am safe for a bit because if a game comes out that has an upgrade requirement I can run the program NO UPDATE (www.psparchrive.de search the program No Update) or just borrow his and we'll swap PSP's! but yeah to sum this up GRAB A 1.50 WHILE YOU CAN BECAUSE SONY IS SHIPPING OTHER VERSIONS NOW AS YOU CAN SEE PM me if you need to I will tell you how to tell if its a 1.5, 1.51 or 1.52 and you may also ask any further questions you may have. Good luck kid!

grabnak
August 24th, 2005, 05:28

You may want to talk to the 10 year old that told you most of all this because the 1.0 Japanese versions' circuitry will fry if it crosses Japan's border!!!!1111 I hope you are not playing it in a foreign country. :confused: OMG you probably are!!! I hope you dont sleep next to that at night, it can go at any time. Oh, and if the circuitry between the screen and the memory card are all fried, how can the memory card reader even work. I suppose Sony will just not include the pro duo slot they invented the technology for in their 2.0 PSP's shipped.

yah_mon
August 24th, 2005, 05:34
arrrrgghhhh stop saying that the screens are different, I am definately sure that the same company made the screens on both versions of the PSP (Sharp), SAMSUNG makes some board/processor or something.