PDA

View Full Version : ndsRO ~ eAthena Client for the DS

wraggster
February 19th, 2008, 20:22
News/release from leinad (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&type=&topic_id=4277&forum=9)

1: "WTF is eAthena??!" -> eAthena is an Server software for Ragnarok (Its a MMORPG, More infos:google is your friend)- It's used on private servers~

Btw: It's not illegal to use eAthena / that client~ ...
The only thing thats mainly illegal on that private servers is, that they're offering the copyright Material of the official Client on their own Patchers...
[Iv just wanted to say that...]

Now, my Project~

during the last time, I've coded on an client for that Server, actually, I've done some progress and I want to know, what you are thinking... I just want to know your oppinion~
+ Something you can read some lines down...

Now, since I can't post screens because it uses Wifi&DLDI, I will offer the "game" (I don't think It can be called a real game atm).

How-To, Add a server to the list:
open server.cfg in an editor, insert the infos that~:
Server: Name : IP : Port ;
!! You must place the : / ; right
Dont remove the ## , since it tels the game to stop reading~

Download: http://uploaded.to/?id=2u011z
Extract to the root of your card
Maps: http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=94364&filename=fieldpack-2.0.5.zip
[It uses the Openkore-Fields] Copy the maps into the ndsro folder, there is also an folder fields, just replace it.

Credits: To Fear, for helping me learning C and to be there for every question I have x)
To everyone who made PAlib~ (even if the only function Iv realy used yet, the Text func were)
Everyone who made the Fieldpack~
Everyone who made eAthena, since it would be much harder without some Sourcecode~

Now, Im actualy thinking of, how to continue~
I want an engine, which can display as much as possible and dont lag the DS... So I think I will leave the Text-based map.
Do you think it would be ok to play such an game on a text-map xP ?

Readme~:
Quote:

Controls:
-On Login:
= ABXY for changing Keyboard color
-On Map
= Select - Enable/Disable Chat
= Start - Options screen - ! MAP UPDATE IS DISABLED WHILE YOU ARE IN THE OPTIONS MENU !
Steps-per-Clik actually is experimental... You should leave it at 1 (or 2 if it lags too much)
= D-Pad - Walk

Implemented:

-Serverlist
-Login
-Server Select
-Char-Select
-Char-Creation
-Display a map
-Chat
-Walking
-Warping [Mapchanging]
- "/" Commands
= /where
= /logount | /lo | /exit
= /sit
= /stand

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Drego
February 19th, 2008, 20:32
WOW! Are you serious? Is this the RO game? Or just the server? Either way, I will try this once I get home.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to work. I tried it on Ideas and DeSmuMe with no luck. Might work on actual NDS but once again not at home.... *crosses fingers*

noname1
February 20th, 2008, 00:31
I only get a white screen with a keyboard on it.
I think the problem is that i edited the .CFG file wrong.
Can somebody give me a working CFG file please thanks
DS-IP 192.168.1.39
PC-IP 192.169.1.35 (if you need this too)

P.S my English is bad

Drego
February 20th, 2008, 04:48
I get the same screens. I also think it is the server config not a client. Either way, would be cool.

Seven7
February 20th, 2008, 08:55
You guys "are" downloading the map-packages required right? (they are in the first post if you read). Im working on setting up a more recent e-athena serv to test this with, but looks promising.

GODZEROXX
February 20th, 2008, 14:44
after downloading the fieldmap zip and ndsro rar I went to email it to myself like I do with anything I want to save for later use, and my gmail picked up the fieldpack as a virus...

cdtje
February 20th, 2008, 16:29
Doesnt work for me on R4 2 black screens :o

Jeric
February 20th, 2008, 21:55
ok has anyone actually tried this? Is this a client or server connecter?

Seven7
February 21st, 2008, 03:08
ok has anyone actually tried this? Is this a client or server connecter?

It's a client, albiet "EXTREAMLY" basic. I tested this on the latest stable build of e-athena, it worked well enough. I'd like to see some more complexity to it. Ie: being able to actually see my chara, the walls, the option to attack and such, but for what this is, it's a good job.

Drego
February 21st, 2008, 06:59
It's a client, albiet "EXTREAMLY" basic. I tested this on the latest stable build of e-athena, it worked well enough. I'd like to see some more complexity to it. Ie: being able to actually see my chara, the walls, the option to attack and such, but for what this is, it's a good job.
wow, thats cool. I DLed both fieldpack/client and tried to connect to my server....wouldn't connect. I might of set up the NRO config wrong. mind giving an example?

Seven7
February 22nd, 2008, 01:32
Alright, no prob. First, lets assume you have your RO e-athena server configured proprely. Can an external Sakray client connect, within a network or from wan? If so, great, if not, then it may be a server config issue.

Lets assume Sakray connects fine. For now.

Now, in the NRO file, you see this:

##

This is not a copy/paste, from the file itself, so it might not be entirely correct.

To actually connect to a server, it should read something akin to this:

Server: Pure Ownage : 232.554.6.8 :6900 ;
Server: Local : 192.168.0.33 : 6900 ;
##

Now, those ip's are just examples, however e-athena (and most other servers for that matter) use that port number, just a note.

Anyway, give it a try and tell us if it works or not.

-Seven7-

Drego
February 25th, 2008, 00:00
Alright, no prob. First, lets assume you have your RO e-athena server configured proprely. Can an external Sakray client connect, within a network or from wan? If so, great, if not, then it may be a server config issue.

Lets assume Sakray connects fine. For now.

Now, in the NRO file, you see this:

##

This is not a copy/paste, from the file itself, so it might not be entirely correct.

To actually connect to a server, it should read something akin to this:

Server: Pure Ownage : 232.554.6.8 :6900 ;
Server: Local : 192.168.0.33 : 6900 ;
##

Now, those ip's are just examples, however e-athena (and most other servers for that matter) use that port number, just a note.

Anyway, give it a try and tell us if it works or not.

-Seven7-
Wow! that worked great! My friends and I hope this can grow to be bigger, but still, this is awesome.

Seven7
February 25th, 2008, 09:44
Cool, if i may ask, what specifically was the problem?

Drego
February 26th, 2008, 05:04
I had the files in the root folder, where they needed to be in the ndsro folder...thats all

GeekFixMyPc
March 5th, 2008, 19:05
Hi,
I am new to this forum, can you provide me with information in how can i build a home server for DS downloded games like they have in gamestop for the demo game. What software do i need?, I have a windows 2003 server setup already.
Thank you,

Meloku
March 10th, 2008, 01:26
Supercard MiniSD here, and I have 2 black screens...
I seriously want to play RO in my DS since the fake Gravity project ;_;

arshin
May 18th, 2008, 17:53
Could it be possible that someone post a cfg that work?

thanks