PDA

View Full Version : nintendo ds emulation ???

campos 336
February 20th, 2008, 03:58
I am a totall newb to this so I need help I have done a bunch of reasearch and dont have a clue how to do game emulation on a DS. If someone could help I dont understand anything I need step by step with links on snes and other emulations. I have the Datel games n music

Thanks

RemyK313
February 23rd, 2008, 13:09
Typically, you need to find the emulator you want to work with, and follow the instructions from there...

Here's a quickie for emulation on the DS using the Datel Games 'n Music...

For SNEmulDS, an SNES emulator :
Download the emulator...
Copy the .nds file for that program onto the root directory of your game card (basically, not in any folder)
On the root of the card, create a folder and name it "SNES" (obviously without the quotes)
Copy your SNES ROMS into that folder. Make sure that none of them exceed 4MB.....

That's all the setup.
From there you can just launch the emulator like you would any game.

For jenesisDS (a Sega Genesis emulator), setup is similar, except the program doesn't care where you put your ROMS. However, the 4MB limit is there as well....

I believe that the Datel site has a FAQ for all of this.

campos 336
March 5th, 2008, 23:21
I got the snemulds from here
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76414
extracted the file and put the ds snemulds on my card and it wont work nothing happens.

DanTheManMS
March 6th, 2008, 01:52
You probably did not patch with DLDI, did you? I suggest patching SNEmulDS.nds with DLDI by using the program called DLDIrc, which is the easiest method to use for Windows users. Install it, select your device when it asks, then right-click the *.nds file and choose the appropriate option to patch it.

Also read the SNEmulDS ReadMe file to find out where specific files must be located on your card.

campos 336
March 6th, 2008, 04:45
I got the snes emulator to work but It does not show any game I put them in a folder named snes but still nothing what do I do next.

DanTheManMS
March 8th, 2008, 22:24
What's the file extension on your SNES games?

campos 336
March 9th, 2008, 06:13
What do you mean file extension?

DanTheManMS
March 9th, 2008, 18:56
The three letters that come after the file name. For instance, a Word document would be "filename.doc" where ".doc" is the file extension. An SNES game usually has the extension ".smc" on the end.

If you can't view your file extension, then do the following:
1. Open up Windows Explorer (or My Documents or whatever)
2. Go to Tools - Folder Options
3. In the View tab, uncheck the box for "hide extensions for known file types"
4. Hit OK.

If your games are in zip folders, they will not run in SNEmulDS and you must extract them first. If they have no file extension at all, SNEmulDS will not recognize them.

campos 336
March 10th, 2008, 05:46
all it says under the name of the game is 7Z file Maybe these roms dont work do you have any links to where I can get some

Thanks

DanTheManMS
March 11th, 2008, 04:08
That means they're compressed with 7zip and therefore unusable on the DS until you extract them. Download 7zip and use it to extract the *.smc files from the *.7z file. The extracted *.smc files should play in SNEmulDS.

Please don't ask for links to roms.

campos 336
March 12th, 2008, 03:35
Thank you very much it works now

nzboy2008
March 12th, 2008, 15:27
Newbie to all things home brew.

I got a firecard, 1 gig, withgames on it, the problem is that when i boot it up on my DS lite i got 2 white screens.

I femoved all the files from the card to my PC, formated the card and re loaded the files back onto the card .
Now when i boot up i get ' Error: Data is not align 16K', on the bottom screen, both screens are white.

Can anybody please Help!!!!!!