PDA

View Full Version : Voice Prompts

BouncE
February 21st, 2008, 16:14
I need a little assistance with the voice prompts for MapThis. I know to make a prompt and save it as a .MP3 file, such as:

left.mp3
right.mp3

question 1 : Where do I put the .mp3 files on the PSP?
question 2: How to I set up on MapThis to tell me when to turn?

I tried to research it a little but didn't come up with much except adding sounds to a POI and to save the files as .MP3s.

AdamRav
February 21st, 2008, 18:21
Well, you could use Niekos invention, which calculates the route for ya, all you have to do is put the file in its location and it should give you voice prompts

http://getroute.nieko.net/

Thanks go out To Nieko for this

BouncE
February 21st, 2008, 18:30
oh, i knew about that site, just didn't know it would give me the sounds. thanks adam!

AdamRav
February 21st, 2008, 21:28
oh, i knew about that site, just didn't know it would give me the sounds. thanks adam!

i think all the sounds are already preloaded when you download mapthis

in the latest version there is anyway

i aint tested it myself, maybe someone who has can shed more light on the topic on hand

derek1212
February 22nd, 2008, 02:36
yea...you're right ...
even the GMDL would provide u the sounds when route is produced at same time

BouncE
February 23rd, 2008, 15:02
oh i did not know that, i know you can change the sounds to whatever you want but i didn't know they were preinstaleld on mapthis!. I haven't had a chance to test my route yet. One more question about the voice though. I've read that if I start MapThis! first and then plug in my cable the sound will come out of the PSP's speakers. Is this correct or am I going to have to cut the tip off my cable? (BTW I have the FAT PSP)

AdamRav
February 23rd, 2008, 16:07
^The sound should come out the psp speakers anyway bruv

either way you do it, it will work

BouncE
February 25th, 2008, 03:37
ok well I had no sounds come out of the speakers...i thought you had to have the .mp3 on the psp for it to say anything, the routing site just tells it what prompts to use....is that not correct?