PDA

View Full Version : PSP grid

shorti23
February 21st, 2008, 18:40
I am making a game for the PSP and I was wondering what the easiest way was of creating a grid. I am programming in C. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great..
Thanks..

Addy771
February 23rd, 2008, 01:50
A grid? You'd use an array for that, and if you don't know what an array is yet, get the hell out of PSP development and go learn to program.

shorti23
February 23rd, 2008, 15:15
Firstly there is no need to be rude...I came to this forum to ask for help. If you don't want to help, don't reply to my message and waste my time. Secondly, I do realise I need an array, but I am not too sure of how to go about drawing it to the screen. Could you tell me where I could get some help if you are going to be totally useless and not help me.

hodgy47
February 23rd, 2008, 19:08
A grid? You'd use an array for that, and if you don't know what an array is yet, get the hell out of PSP development and go learn to program.

Oh man your so helpful, even i could start to program after that advice.

Firstly there is no need to be rude...I came to this forum to ask for help. If you don't want to help, don't reply to my message and waste my time. Secondly, I do realise I need an array, but I am not too sure of how to go about drawing it to the screen. Could you tell me where I could get some help if you are going to be totally useless and not help me.

I dont know how to program but your in the right forum just sit tight and someone will lend a hand.

Addy771
February 25th, 2008, 15:29
if you're trying to draw a grid to the screen, you'll need to use a loop or two, and a line drawing function (if PSP SDK has that) or by blitting a bitmap image of a grid to the screen.