PDA

View Full Version : "No plans" for Smash Bros. on DS

Shrygue
February 21st, 2008, 20:36
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93234)

Game creator Masahiro Sakurai has "no plans" to make a Smash Bros. game for DS.

It would work on the platform, he told IGN at the Game Developers Conference, but it is not something he sees himself doing.

"Seeing the success that Brawl has had with the Wii remote being played sideways, I don't think that there are control limitations that keep it from being ported to the DS," said Sakurai. "But I personally have no plans to do this myself.

"If, in the future, such a thing was to be planned, it would be up to Nintendo to decide how and when and in what way they would like to create that sort of game."

So, nothing appears to be in the works at the moment, but a DS version is far from dead and buried. It's quite usual for a different team to take control of a handheld version.

But it gets us no closer to a European date for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Which is a little frustrating, seeing as Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit were both recently given April launch windows here.

Eviltaco64
February 21st, 2008, 21:56
No Smash Bros for DS = No DS for Me.

mcdougall57
February 22nd, 2008, 00:57
id rather have the wii version first

_X_Zero
February 22nd, 2008, 09:20
I hope that "when" A ds version comes out that they have all the old stages from the 64 version it would be kinda Cool 2 see them all again..

Klaus2
February 22nd, 2008, 10:10
Thats one of my mostwanted DS titles ,screw this lazy guy :mad:.

Good fighting games for DS:
Ultimate Mortal Kombat DS
and?

Greets
Klaus

wiggy fuzz
February 22nd, 2008, 17:24
ultimate mortal kombat was a total waste of £29, it was worse than worms open warfare 1...

a nintendo genre filler was my real hope -now that looks like it won't happen till the next handheld

acn010
February 22nd, 2008, 18:03
screw this lazy guy :mad:.
Greets
Klaus

and that is why he wont make them thanks to people like you don't appreciate their works.
-acn010

adhdyoshi
February 23rd, 2008, 04:00
As some people have said before, Smash Bros is the sort of SMAHS SMASHGGGDSKGJN CONTROLLER ABUSE game that, even though the DS is reliable... just wouldn't work out in the end.