PDA

View Full Version : need help using SBI

Super_Sonic
July 28th, 2004, 10:26
i downloaded it last night but i can't get any files to appear in the window...i'm not like super good with computers though....so if anybody can help i'd appreciate it

curt_grymala
July 28th, 2004, 11:57
Well, all you need to do to get files to appear in the window is: copy the SBI files that you download from Sbiffy!com into the c:\Sbinducr\SBI\ directory. Any SBI files inside that directory will appear in the window.

However - I don't think SBInducer will recognize the files if they have a zip extension (which is something that Win XP adds a lot of times when you download SBI files), so, if you already have SBI files in your SBI directory, and they are still not showing up, then I would suggest checking to make sure WinXP didn't automatically add the ZIP extension to the end of them.

Super_Sonic
July 29th, 2004, 10:23
ok...super stupid question...i think i've done everything right but i don't know...so where's the directory...is it where the registry is??

curt_grymala
July 29th, 2004, 10:57
Yes, the SBI directory is the directory where you found "SBI.reg".

Super_Sonic
July 29th, 2004, 11:05
so everything i put in that folder should be appearing in the little box to the right??

curt_grymala
July 29th, 2004, 11:13
Everything that has an SBI extension should appear in the box to your right. However, as I mentioned before, files with a ZIP extension will not. Also, SBT files will not show up there.

Super_Sonic
July 29th, 2004, 11:35
ok cool...so what sites can i get sbi files??or make the ones i have read as sbi's??

curt_grymala
July 29th, 2004, 12:45
You should get all of your SBI files from http://www.sbiffy.com/

Super_Sonic
July 29th, 2004, 21:10
ok...now what about the themes that are sbt files.....how can i get them to work for me??

curt_grymala
July 30th, 2004, 08:14
You can only have one theme per disc.

All you need to do is put one SBT file in your SBI directory, and Selfboot Inducer will know what to do with it. The SBT file will not show up in the file list on your right.

Eric
July 30th, 2004, 08:37
Lol Curt you support the whole SBI thing and you didnt even mention DC Stuff which is right in front of his face sorry not trying to be mean but also you should check out Curts and whoever sites http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCStuff/

Super_Sonic
July 30th, 2004, 08:45
ok...tried burning one last night and when i put in the dreamcast it acted as if it was a music cd...i used nero TAO and on a memorax cd.....would either of those 2 things have anything to do with why it won't work

Eric
July 30th, 2004, 08:53
Here we go again lol we also asked another guy but you maybe having a problem aswell how old is your system and where is it from at the bottom of your dreamcast you will be able to know also you should go to www.dcemulation.com and go to the link systems supported

krowstrife
July 30th, 2004, 11:12
that shit happened to me (the music cd thing) remember to burn really slow 8x or slower

Super_Sonic
July 31st, 2004, 08:34
it was made august 1999

Christuserloeser
July 31st, 2004, 13:41
Should work fine. Hm, follow the SBInducer tutorial in the SBInducer menu very closely and try again. I hope it fixes the problem.

Chris

Super_Sonic
July 31st, 2004, 15:56
i've follwed them as closely as i can....for where it says Make ISO is there anything specific it has to say?? and i'm burning at 6x on nero track at once on memoraz cds.....would any of those maybe have anything to do with it?and also i won't let me burn in 2nd session...do u have to do that??

Eric
July 31st, 2004, 16:02
I want to give it to you the easy way cause I never have problems the way I do it. Get selfboot from www.dcemulation.com install to your C: drive.

Double click on the selfboot program. It will ask you to select the folder where you want it selfbooted. So click on C: drive select sbinducr folder then click on Inducer and it will make you a selfboot for Nero or Disc Juggler. I am telling you its probably best if you do it that way and you get those burning programs.

I hope people understand that if not i am sure the forum ops can give you a better understanding on how to selfboot.

Eric

curt_grymala
July 31st, 2004, 19:36
I want to give it to you the easy way cause I never have problems the way I do it. Get selfboot from www.dcemulation.com install to your C: drive.

Double click on the selfboot program. It will ask you to select the folder where you want it selfbooted. So click on C: drive select sbinducr folder then click on Inducer and it will make you a selfboot for Nero or Disc Juggler. I am telling you its probably best if you do it that way and you get those burning programs.

I hope people understand that if not i am sure the forum ops can give you a better understanding on how to selfboot.

Eric

There is a bigger problem, though. If Selfboot Inducer isn't working for him, then Selfboot probably won't, either. They use identical methods of disc creation (burnerO used essentially the same code for ISO/disc creation in both apps).

If you are creating a Nero TAO image, why are you trying to burn a second session?

Super_Sonic
July 31st, 2004, 20:11
i only tried once because it told me to then after that first time i didn't bother....

curt_grymala
August 1st, 2004, 08:22
Alright. Are you pressing the Nero TAO button, or are you using CDRecord to burn the disc? I am starting to get confused. Nothing in the tutorial says anything about burning a second session with Nero (and I know that for a fact, because I wrote it).

Super_Sonic
August 1st, 2004, 09:08
ok...i guess i wasn't using nero...my computer is slow and i guess i kept getting impatiant and skipped over some stuff....ok when ur burning with nero what do u burn with do u use data-bootable disc or what??

guymelef
August 1st, 2004, 09:10
once you have the *.nrg file then open nero and go to file->burn image select the *.nrg file and the lowest speed possible and that should be it.