PDA

View Full Version : Project 4 - Likely Stoppage of Development

wraggster
February 21st, 2008, 21:01
Auraomega posted this:

Project4 is likely to stop development now as earlier today the source codes were lost. While developing at college, my memory card went missing, this memory card had the only Project4 source codes on it, and quite obviously its taken 6 months to reach this stage in development, I can't really constitute another 2 months to just get back to this level.

I am going to have another sweep of college tomorrow, and hope and pray some kind soul has handed in the memory card on which it is stored, I do think it is likely due to the vast number that are handed in, and because being only a 32mb memory card it is highly undisireable, which is probably a good thing.

If I find it tomorrow, Project4 will be released on the 24th as expected, otherwise it will take a few months, if at all, until another release is seen. Fortunatly this has not hit the mainstream PSP website yet, so there will not be a major dissapointment. I do have a Project4 Closed Beta 3 uploaded to the website, but it is locked out from the normal user, if I am unable to find the memory stick then I will try my hardest to remove the lock on a HEX editor, or a dis-assembler, but there is no gaurantees.

-Aura

http://darkmessiah.byethost13.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

osgeld
February 22nd, 2008, 02:53
wow that sucks, good luck to you on your search

and to all other developers, get a website, even if you never use the website part of it, you can use it like a giant memory card on the internet that wont get lost