PDA

View Full Version : psp touch screen possible????

acn010
February 21st, 2008, 21:31
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8448#
think about it guys lol cheers:thumbup:

-Xandu-
February 21st, 2008, 21:38
Yeah, exactly how does this apply to the XMB (software)??

acn010
February 21st, 2008, 21:45
may not be able to be on the xmb but may be used on irshell if the right plugin+ adapter

AdamRav
February 21st, 2008, 21:58
how would you connect this upto the psp ?

acn010
February 21st, 2008, 22:02
somebody has to create an adapter for it to usb and a right plugin to make it work

pibs
February 22nd, 2008, 01:07
wouldn't this require some special faceplate?

hmm wait i remember having a blue faceplate i bought from decal girl and screen part was able to pop off so maybe that could work?

PSPdemon
February 22nd, 2008, 15:00
i was talking to a few people about this... and this has already been discussed on the PS2dev forums...

easiest method for this touchscreen to work is to wire it up to the analog ( thus removing the analog stick )

the other method ( and the much harder method ) would to be make some sort of adapter to work via the psp's SIO

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

acn010
February 22nd, 2008, 17:55
i was talking to a few people about this... and this has already been discussed on the PS2dev forums...

easiest method for this touchscreen to work is to wire it up to the analog ( thus removing the analog stick )

the other method ( and the much harder method ) would to be make some sort of adapter to work via the psp's SIO

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

the first thing is that the analog will go crazy if you just poke the screen.

best is an adapter to usb in order to make it work... yet again yes, it is dificult to create +a prx file to make it work on some programs such as irshell
-acn010

PSPdemon
February 22nd, 2008, 18:16
you forget, usb cant handel everything.... there has to be a interface ( a chip, a external power source, and the right set of crystals to match that frequency to the psp ) to handle that 4 wire ( x1 x2 y1 y2 ) including ontop of that..

also.... make sure you include the rest of that...

would to be make some sort of adapter to work via the psp's SIO

doing it threw the SIO is about the only way you can do this ( other than as stated above via the analog )

in the end... it would be a ugly as hell psp... sure.. youd have touchscreen... but no one is gonna make use of it and it would be just be to expensive and to ugly to want to develop for it

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

P.S. I will not say the USB method isnt possible, just probably not as easy as threw SIO or the easiest...analog

acn010
February 22nd, 2008, 18:54
SIO seems pretty reasonable but yet again... yes, it will look ugly, prefer an internal adapter (chip)..
as pibs said, costum faceplates are ideal for such touchscreen, replace the seethrough.... hmmm ill make a sketch + blueprint for such idea later in the future.... making it available for who wants to manufacture it (Datel, lol).... i wish i can create it but i have no such amount of mony to create the adapter or chip....

Art
July 10th, 2008, 09:27
making it available for who wants to manufacture it (Datel, lol).... i wish i can create it but i have no such amount of mony to create the adapter or chip....
What? Don't have ten bucks for a 16f628 microcontroller?

The mod is easy, could be done in a day through the analogue controller with no extra hardware.
and a plugin written to support it in the XMB on the same day.

PSP would also look as ugly as hell.

I asked the company for a free sample, linked them to my website,
and told tham I'd write the PSP software to support it.

They said no. I won't pay for, or use one. End of story.