PDA

View Full Version : has anyone here ever gotten tivo ?

shadowprophet
February 22nd, 2008, 07:06
So today I decided to get an hd receiver. which turned out to be a real let down, because my cable provider only provides like five channels in hd.. oh well.
but There is a silver lining to this dark cloud this receiver is a tivo combo like reciver,,

And I have to say, I cant put into words, how pleased I am with tivo,

That shit is the absolute bomb,. I would recommend tivo to anyone, even people that rarely ever ewatch tv, because it just makes everything better. you dont have to wait for the shows to like to come on, you can record multiple streams at once.

Just by going into your daily guide and choosing anything you would want to watch you can come back and review said content at any time. I realize you guys know thats what tivo is all about, but its just how well the concept is executed, i'll never have to wait for naruto or futurama or xplay again. tivo is simply the best. everyone should have it, :thumbup:

dejkirkby
February 22nd, 2008, 07:15
We have that built in to our Sky receiver, pausing live TV is the best!!!

shadowprophet
February 22nd, 2008, 08:51
I cant get over how awesome it is to just select a show to record and then change the setting to record the entire series every time it airs :p

i mean after you have everything set up just right, you dont even have to delete anything. or have it record anything manually, it just knows when to delete the older stuff, and what to record and when, :D

ExcruciationX
February 22nd, 2008, 16:14
It sounds awesome. I've been trying to talk my mom into getting one.

pibs
February 22nd, 2008, 21:33
Yep I have dish network w/ the HD package. Its awesome, I have channels like Gameplay HD where it shows walkthrough for games/reviews/trailers :D and Monsters HD all day and night monster/horror movies and Kung Fu HD haha, its the reason why I don't go out and rent/buy hd/blu-ray films since i get them cheaper on PPV HD and record them with DVR (which is the same as tivo) or wait till they come out on TBS HD or one of the Local channels in HD.

check it out SP if they have it in your local area