PDA

View Full Version : Two Great Tales Anouncements

Shadowblind
February 22nd, 2008, 12:51
I searched the forums but couldn't find any news on them, so I'll just post both of them here. These announcements are for Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

Tales of Vesperia has been anounced for 360

February 21, 2008 - You wouldn't usually expect a new Tales game to debut in a magazine outside of Japan, but that's apparently what has happened with Bandai Namco's Tales of Vesperia. Following the game's announcement at December's Jump Festa event in Tokyo, a magazine outside of Japan was the first to get the full word on the game, along with confirmation of Xbox 360 as the platform.

This development attracted the attention of (and possibly confused) the editors over at Famitsu and Famitsu.com, the usual sources for Japanese game scoops, so they got on the line with Bandai Namco's PR department for re-confirmation.

Famitsu.com posted its conversation with the Bandai Namco PR department in the form of a short Q&A.

Asked if it's true that the game will be released on the Xbox 360, the PR department responded, "Yes, we have decided to release TOV overseas on the Xbox 360."

Asked if the game will be released only on the 360, "We've decided to release TOV on the Xbox 360, but regarding other platforms, we're looking at all possibilities."

Finally, asked if the game will come to the Xbox 360 even in Japan, "Regarding Japan, everything is currently TBA. We expect to be able to make an announcement shortly."

Via IGN

I have been waiting for something like this to happen since I first Played Tales of the World. Looking back, almost ALL Tales games have been released in Japan a year before getting overseas, an I'm more then happy about this news. Wh00t! :D Don't worry though PS3 owners, I think some Tales love may be headed your way too.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World has been announced for North America

I can't provide you with an article, so you'll just have to take my word for it...OR--

You can just go to your local store and pick up a Nintendo Power magazine for Feb. It has Tales of Symphonia plastered all over the front and a ten page in-depth article about it.

Wh00t! I was afraid this may never make overseas! I haven't heard much on a European release though....