PDA

View Full Version : Bionic Commando XBLA hampered by size

Shrygue
February 22nd, 2008, 16:06
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=183075)

The Xbox Live Arcade version of 2D remake Bionic Commando: Rearmed (not to be confused with the full-on 3D remake) will feature lower-res textures than the PSN and PC versions, because of XBLA's strict 150MB size limit.

Capcom producer Ben Judd revealed the differences in an interview with 1UP, telling the site than both the PC and PlayStation Network version will have higher-res textures than the Xbox 360.

"That's surprising to hear," Microsoft's Xbox corporate VP John Schappert said of the news. "Last I checked it was Capcom that had an exception to our file size with Street Fighter II [Hyper Fighting].... We raised our limit to 150 megs, which seems pretty darn great.

"I don't think it has limited our games in any way. Look at Rez HD. Look at Poker Smash. Look at Undertow. These are very, very, very good games."

But - busting out the damage control - Schappert argues the texture problem can't all be down to size. "There are 800 different factors [besides memory issues] that factor into development," he says. "There's also prowess of programmers. It's never cut and dry.

"If we need to help them program their stuff, we have people on Chris Satchell's team that fly around and help our dev teams out when they need it.... I'm kind of new, but [Capcom] knows someone's number at Xbox Live. I'm certainly willing to help them out."

Yes Rez HD looks great but come on Microsoft; it's the 21st century. 150MB isn't much on our super-fast broadband...

Baboon
February 22nd, 2008, 18:27
The 150mb limit sucks.

Sort it out MS! :(