PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Physics v0.5

wraggster
February 22nd, 2008, 18:48
Oxtob (http://tobw.net/index.php?cat_id=3&project=Pocket+Physics) has updated his application for the Nintendo DS:

I really like the idea of the popular minigame Crayon Physics: You draw an object on the screen and it instantly becomes physical and interacts with other objects. The first thing that sprung to my mind when seeing it was "This would be awesome on the DS!" And Pocket Physics is what I came up with after two weeks. It isn't really a game, but more of a physical construction kit for your pocket. You can design scenes freely by drawing things with the stylus. Things can be solid, like ramps and floors, or dynamic, like balls or boxes. Like in The Incredible Machine, you can reset the scene, change it, and start the simulation again. It's even more fun if you have a DS Motion, which can be used to control gravity!

v0.5 (2008-02-22)
Added the moving tool
Improved speed (different timing, inactive objects fall asleep)
Better repeatability
sketches are now stored in /data/pocketphysics/sketches by default

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

stevo11185
February 22nd, 2008, 19:40
Yay :D go oxtob

kikaimaster
February 22nd, 2008, 21:45
yes thanks for working the saving places
i didnt work for me but now it does
great app, maybe the best (also dsorganize)
the moving tool was something , really needed
kudos

Sir_Voe
February 22nd, 2008, 22:08
Yeah, this is a great update. I've found out that if I draw a red tube with one end closed, put a blue circle inside at the closed end, and a blue rectange inside the tube on top of the circle, you can pull the rectangle towards the bottom of the tube (smooshing the circle) and let go to launch objects from the tube. I made a cool skee-ball game using that concept.

kurosakinaruto-
February 22nd, 2008, 22:58
this update kinda screws up my animation because for some odd reason, some things just randomly fly apart...

Kaeruyaki
February 24th, 2008, 09:05
I'm loving these. So much fun to play around with.