PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE]Custom Firmware Extender 2.1 (music support)

gamefreak199101
February 22nd, 2008, 21:02
News/release from Cpasjuste:

A new release again
Be sure to read the readme, and look at the "cfe.config" file

NEW IN VERSION 2.1

===================

- Added music playback based on music.prx by joek2100. (only tested under 3.90fw),
default combo button for the music menu is NOTE+SQUARE.

- Changed the way we reboot from one firmware to another firmware with Time Machine,
the original configuration file is now backup and restored at each boot.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DarthPaul
February 22nd, 2008, 22:33
Music playback? This is really nice, I'm pretty sure a lot of people will love this feature. They were missing it.

I hope this version works well, 2.0 had a lot of bugs and caused a lot of crashes.

Coolie4
February 22nd, 2008, 22:34
whenever i try to get music playback to work, it shows the menu, then crashes. i disabled all plugins except cfe and still no go

Nikolaos
February 22nd, 2008, 22:48
Thanks alot :) Now I will start playing my GTA again :D

DarthPaul
February 22nd, 2008, 22:55
whenever i try to get music playback to work, it shows the menu, then crashes. i disabled all plugins except cfe and still no go

Same problem here. :o

Edit: Working good now. I disabled everything and just left the cfe_vsh.prx in VSH enabled.

I'm very happy with this plug-in. It's one of my top 3 now. :)

Nikolaos
February 22nd, 2008, 23:15
Same problem here. :o

Edit: Working good now. I disabled everything and just left the cfe_vsh.prx in VSH enabled.

I'm very happy with this plug-in. It's one of my top 3 now. :)

what are your other top 3? :D

mine are

- this one
- underclock on hold one.
- hud

DarthPaul
February 22nd, 2008, 23:50
Recovery LE, and JoySens. :D

donutman
February 23rd, 2008, 05:15
i have a 3.90m33-2 phat psp and this doesnt even turn on for me at all it jus doesnt do anything a little help would be apreciated =]

limmk
February 23rd, 2008, 10:46
Update: Cpasjuste has released version 2.2, fixing a bug that prevented the music playback function from working. If your PSP still freezes up while loading the music menu, the author recommends installing the FATMS driver patchreleased by Dark_AleX.

Homebrew developer Cpasjuste has released a minor update to his Custom Firmware Extender plugin, an all-in-one custom firmware plugin that allows users to take screenshots in the XMB or while playing a UMD game, record in-game videos, as well as access USB mass storage and other various features.

As mentioned, version 2.1 is a minor update, adding music playback based on music.prx courtesy of joek2100. Do note, however, that the newly added music playback function has been tested in custom firmware 3.90 M33 only.

Additionally, the plugin configuration file is now routinely backed up and restored when switching between firmwares with TimeMachine. As advised by the author, be sure to refer to the included readme file for installation and usage instructions.

LAMPRO
February 27th, 2008, 18:59
yessssssssirrrrrrr been waiting for this cap..