PDA

View Full Version : Onestation consoles and games in stock!

wraggster
February 23rd, 2008, 01:27
New from the GP2XStore (http://www.gp2xstore.com/?Click=21)

http://www.gamesuave.com/blogimages/onestation.jpg

We just received a large batch of Onestation consoles and games. Get the consoles for only $34.99 and the games for $9.99! The Onestation is a portable console featuring a rich 2.5″ LTPS display. The console includes AV cables so you can play games on your television set.

The Onestation game console boasts a High quality Super V Digital TFT pane. Thus, the portable console One Station provides you a very high resolution vision. Although the Onestation has many exciting built in games, it also supports up to 300 types of 8 or 16bit licenses games by inserting the particular cartridge. The handheld mobile design of the One Station retro console will let you enjoy the game play ANYWHERE & ANYTIME you like. One Station Is the ONLY game player that supports multiple types of licenses games cartridges. All games are 100% legal and copyrighted. This is not a bootleg console, this is an OFFICIAL product!

Features
A/V Out
The user-friendly multimedia platform supports Play-On-TV function. Plug the One Station retro console to the TV for clearer and wider images. (Not all cartridges have this feature)

Digital Crystal 2.5 Inch Panel
The 2.5 inch Onestation screen panel is boasting the most advanced Low-Temperature Poly Silicon technology which provides the user with 960X240 high-resolution color images. The viewing angles range support 150 (80+70)

Multiplatform supporting
The Crystal L TPS Panel is an excellent viewer. Through the One Station retro console, you may play tons of games on different platforms. With coming-soon cartridges, you will be able to convert the handheld console OneStation as your MP3/MP4 player, the digital TV, the photo viewer or even a neat digital camera.

Slim and Portable Design
Simple but streamlined product design will make your hands glued to the portable retro console One Station. Feather weight only 78.5 grams. Strict manufacturing procedure guarantees higher reliability and safety of the One Station.

Dr._Zoidberg
February 23rd, 2008, 11:16
I've been think of buying a OneStation, mainly so I can review it for our new little review site (http://www.reviews.blueguerilla.org/) (that needs content), but also because they look pretty good. Pity there's no blank cart yet that lets you add different roms.

bah
February 23rd, 2008, 13:10
The actual unit is mostly just a cart slot,screen, joypad and speakers.

The carts have a NES/Megadrive on a chip to run the games they have in ROM.

Some smart guy pulling the carts apart. (http://mozy.org/16bit/onestation/)

JKKDARK
February 23rd, 2008, 13:56
What kind of games are available?

Dr._Zoidberg
February 23rd, 2008, 16:53
There are a bunch of 99-1 game carts, most of them have Mario, Donkey Kong, Excite Bike, 1942, Galaga, Dig Dug etc. on them.

The MD carts usually have 5 or 6 games, stuff like Strider, Sonic 2, Super Monaco GP.

Dr._Zoidberg
February 24th, 2008, 09:24
Well, I've ordered one, although not from GP2XStore (sorry wraggster ;)) but from another place that has free shipping that I've been planning to buy a few things from for awhile and finally did. The OS cost $28.50 with a 10 game cart and I got a 99 game cart for $3.95, so it's fairly cheap, hopefully it's good.

bah
February 24th, 2008, 10:01
Got a link to a games list for the 10-in-1 and the 99-in-1 carts?

At those prices I have a hard time they are licensed original games, sounds like crummy ripoff games (like you get in some of those game controller TV-game things) or just pirated ROMs.

I know some of those controller-is-the-console TV-games have licensed games, but others that I've seen have heaps of games, all with generic names I've never heard of that are mostly poor clones of old games or terrible new ones.

If they are decent games then it sounds good for the price, but adding new games to the carts isn't a simple task.
The quality of some of the things doesn't seem to good, the guy from the page I linked to above got a 'megadrive adaptor' (megadrive on a chip) cart and 4 little game carts that plug into it. 3 out of 4 of the carts were DOA. :(

Dr._Zoidberg
February 24th, 2008, 12:29
I don't know about the 10-1 cart but the 99 cart mainly has older NES roms on it.

Wraggster probably doesn't want links to other online stores in this GP2XStore topic so I'll just link to my BG forum post about it (http://forum.blueguerilla.org/viewtopic.php?p=49798#49798) which has links to the system, the cart and the other things I ordered. The place I got it from is fairly well known, there's a big thread about it at Whirlpool.

bah
February 24th, 2008, 13:29
Cheers for that. Doesnt sound official/licensed but certainly not bad at all for the price.

Are you an aussie or just use whirlpool?

Dr._Zoidberg
February 24th, 2008, 14:24
I'm Australian. I'm also a Collingwood supporter, which is a very important bit of information that everybody should know.

bah
February 24th, 2008, 16:14
I'm Australian (obviously), yet at the ripe old age of 24 have managed to learn almost nothing about football.

I take pride in that. :)

I guess i know absolutely useless trivia (termed 'news' by the media) such as Ben Cousins enjoys drugs and running from booze buses, but that's about it.
'Ben time' I Believe Roy and HG termed it.

Dr._Zoidberg
February 25th, 2008, 09:14
I'm sure you've heard of Wayne Carey as well. :rofl:

loopy_101
May 10th, 2008, 22:58
Will I be able to find Onestation in the UK? And also, what price am I looking at to pay?

JKKDARK
May 10th, 2008, 23:05
I don't think it's out of the USA/Canada sadly.

Read first post for the price at the GP2X Store (which is in North America)