PDA

View Full Version : Bullish Sony Comes Out Fighting

wraggster
February 23rd, 2008, 01:35
Sony marketing bigwig Scott Steinberg has set the tone for Hardware Wars 2008 confidently predicting that consoles competing with PlayStation 3 are effectively doomed to also-ran status.

"In three years, the Wii will really start to look its age graphically and, will seem to consumers, pretty long in the tooth."

"Microsoft have had their window to build up a lead, but when we track sales of Xbox 360 against comparable time since launch sales of the original Xbox, there isn't much difference, so I think that opportunity has passed for them, and it looks like they haven't expanded beyond their core of shooter players."

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9264&Itemid=2

Prasoc
February 23rd, 2008, 13:13
hahaa what a bit of bs i have 20 360 games only 6 are shooters. when the ps3 has homebrew i might just get one though

JKKDARK
February 23rd, 2008, 14:16
"In three years, the Wii will really start to look its age graphically and, will seem to consumers, pretty long in the tooth."
Only because it has less graphics, it doesn't mean it will not sell anymore. If the system has the games that the people want to play, it's enough.

Eviltaco64
February 23rd, 2008, 16:24
Only because it has less graphics, it doesn't mean it will not sell anymore. If the system has the games that the people want to play, it's enough.

You're right. The games are great...but feature Gamecube graphics. Which is their only downfall.

VexnadFett
February 23rd, 2008, 20:12
yes, but he did say 3 years.
he means that people will grow tired of its limited use of space in the gaming community and it will start to decline once all the zelda and mario ideas are used up

F9zDark
February 23rd, 2008, 20:34
You're right. The games are great...but feature Gamecube graphics. Which is their only downfall.

Thats my sentiments exactly. Sure gameplay matters a lot, but truth be told, if gameplay was the only selling point that people wanted and graphics meant nothing, we'd still be playing 2d platformers. Graphics will bite Nintendo in the ass down the road.