PDA

View Full Version : Pangya coming to the PSP, quick hands on

wraggster
February 23rd, 2008, 01:41
I met up with NTreev Soft earlier today and I saw a shiny silver slim PSP at sitting behind a keyboard. Since it was around I asked if they were working on Pangya for the PSP and without hesitation I got a “yes”. (Thanks to some excellent reader sleuthing for the original tip!) I got a chance to try it out too and it feels similar to Hot Shots Golf. You charge up the degree of a swing’s power by pressing a button. Afterwards a blue line moves from the right tip of the power meter down to a sweet spot near the end. You need to hit the button again when the blue line is in the sweet spot to get the best shot and a “Pangya!” remark on the HUD.

Before the match bits of dialogue (in Korean) were exchanged and a few familiar characters from the Pangya series flashed on the screen. NTreev Soft told me they are trying to bring all of the characters from Seasons 1-4 into the PSP version.

SK Telecom will publish the PSP version of Pangya in Korea sometime this year. I pressed about a North American version and I was told probably.

One other neat tidbit is NTreev Soft plans to start publishing PSP games in Korea. I asked if they were going to localize Japanese / US games or publish original Korean games. They couldn’t tell me anything, but after the meeting I remembered they have a hand in Astonishia Story 2. Perhaps, more original PSP games are being developed in Korea?

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/02/20/pangya-coming-to-the-psp-quick-hands-on/