PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware Extender 2.2 (music support, bug-fix)

wraggster
February 23rd, 2008, 11:09
News/release from Cpasjuste: (http://mydedibox.fr/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=21&Itemid=53)

Version 2.2 released, it's a bug-fix version, thanks for all your reports.

Be sure to read the readme, and look at the "cfe.config" file..

NEWS IN VERSION 2.2
===================

- The Time Machine reboot function should now be fixed ... stupid error i made. Note that the function is only made for use with NAND firmware and 150_340 one, with the TM files provided in this archive. If you want to use it with another firmware than 150_340, you will have to edit your firmware files manually to add the cfe_vsh.prx and cfe_game.prx plugins (TM/fw/pspbtcnf.txt and TM/fw/pspbtcnf_game.txt).

- Fixed some little bugs in the music player, and found the reason why it was not working for all the people. If the psp hang while loading the music menu, you should apply the dark_alex 3.71 fatmsmod.prx patch, it should fix all the problem's.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DarthPaul
February 23rd, 2008, 13:59
Oooh, another update! Thanks for this.

NoQuarter
February 23rd, 2008, 14:09
Nice,between 3.52 and 3.9 I didn't get to use the firmware extender.I missed it!

newb_fo_life
February 23rd, 2008, 15:08
What is this,I have no clue and don't have much space on my memory stick so I don't want things I don't need taking up space

thanks to who ever quotes me :D

NoQuarter
February 23rd, 2008, 18:28
It adds all sorts of nice custom features to your psp firmware:

"Custom Firmware Extender" is a set of plugins that will add some extra options to your SONY PSP.

With "cfe 2.2" you should be able to :

- Listen to mp3, at3, oma, omg and aa3 musics file while under the VSH (PSP Menu)
or in-game (UMD/ISO/HOMEBREW), based on music.prx by joek2100.

- Hook some Vsh menu functions (replace icons function).

- Start a ftpd server while under the VSH (PSP Menu).

- Make some in-game videos with the help of remotejoy from tyranid.

- Reset the PSP with a button while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO/HOMEBREW),

including dark_alex "time machine" support.

- Power off the PSP with a button while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO/HOMEBREW).

- Change the speed of the PSP CPU/FSB while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO/HOMEBREW).

- Start and stop Usb Mass Storage under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO/HOMEBREW).

- Take some screenshot while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO/HOMEBREW),

saved in the PICTURE folder.

- Enable full screen brightness.

- Enable Usb Mass Storage at startup.

- Set a default CPU/BUS speed at startup.

- Set a default brightness level at startup.

- Fully configurable via a configuration file.

donutman
February 23rd, 2008, 20:53
wat is a ftpd server?

Nikolaos
February 23rd, 2008, 23:32
thanks for bug fixes.

watupgroupie
February 24th, 2008, 01:33
wat is a ftpd server?
File transfer protocol. Basicially when you activate it, it will connect to the connection under your network setting's and setup a server. It will hand you a ip adress and take it and put it into a ftp program and you'll be able to acess your psp's memory card without hooking up a usb cable or even bringing your psp near your computer.

jurkevicz
February 24th, 2008, 04:28
This is nice, I wish DAX would implement this on the CFW.

Coolie4
February 24th, 2008, 05:10
w00t nice to see the music plugin is working good now. now to take my last add-on for awhile and find a good custom boot screen....

donutman
February 24th, 2008, 14:32
File transfer protocol. Basicially when you activate it, it will connect to the connection under your network setting's and setup a server. It will hand you a ip adress and take it and put it into a ftp program and you'll be able to acess your psp's memory card without hooking up a usb cable or even bringing your psp near your computer.
oooo ok thanks

LAMPRO
February 27th, 2008, 07:45
oh yeah,, im a cfe head// crack for everyone- or custom firmware extender, whichever -thanks CAP

Jube
February 29th, 2008, 10:16
how does music plugin work ingame? it only works in xmb for me

Jube
February 29th, 2008, 10:23
nvm got it

Sota
March 6th, 2008, 04:19
Hi im a noob can someone tell me detail how to set this up?

No_one_in_particular
March 6th, 2008, 09:17
It tells you in the readme included.

hokk
March 6th, 2008, 15:58
how does music plugin work ingame? it only works in xmb for meHow did you do to make it work ingame?

djbrotherson
March 6th, 2008, 17:20
Does this work on 3.90 M33-2 ?

hokk
March 6th, 2008, 21:43
Does this work on 3.90 M33-2 ?Yeah I'm on 3.90 M33-2, and it works

LAMPRO
March 8th, 2008, 00:53
music prx still not working yall.. seems to be trying to run even looks like its playing music, but nada out the speakers..

anyone success??

if so, please detail your working setup- mp3 file details, .txt config inside seplugins etc..

darkness angel 777
March 8th, 2008, 00:58
dax is amazing

LAMPRO
March 8th, 2008, 07:34
dax is amazing yes, but the big homie cpa did this one.. i hope he can tweak the bugs so everyone can use this especially the music.prx in the xmb and in iso/game/pops/brew.. this is the final frontier for cfw.

good work all around tho yes they are amazing..

LAMPRO
April 17th, 2008, 07:14
bump: rip the music prx out and make it a new stand alone prx please!!!

for 390m33...
for all of us!!!

please!!!

djbrotherson
May 23rd, 2008, 00:08
Does the music work cuz the new 3.90 music plugin doesn't work for me at all