PDA

View Full Version : Pspuae 0.70 Released

FOL
February 24th, 2008, 00:24
We have released a new version of PSPUAE (Amiga Emulator for PSP), changes / improvements are listed below.

V0.70 - FOL update

* Added alot of Rics FAMEC code and optimisations. (Gave some speed increase)
* Altered Hsync handler. (Removes slow down when sprites on screen, with CPU = MAX)
* Altered CPU CYCLE UNIT to 256 (Gave the most speed increase)
* Altered CHIPSET settings (To fall inline with CPU CYCLE UNIT change, its now a much more finer setting than in previous versions. Giving better results)
* Added Rics FAMEC Sound code (Still clicks, we know what the problem is, but i need help to solve it)
* Added Interpolation 4CH Sound under sound menu (This can improve sound slighty)
* Altered HEAP SIZE for available memory to PSPUAE (This solves all memory problems)
* Added Rics FAMEC FrameSkip Algorithm (This gives a finer smoother Auto FrameSkip)

Remember Read the README`s, I have readded the "options and what they are" section.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

SpacemanSpiff
February 24th, 2008, 00:35
Sounds awesome, testing now..

kharaboudjan
February 24th, 2008, 00:55
have to try it out! thanx!

jurkevicz
February 24th, 2008, 04:19
Downloading it right now!

turnerl
February 24th, 2008, 04:35
oh yeah!!! Awsome

bah
February 24th, 2008, 06:35
Thankyou FOL, much appreciated :)

Art
February 24th, 2008, 08:35
Thanks FOL, and I know you have help,
so thanks to all PSP UAE programmers and testers :)

FOL
February 24th, 2008, 11:25
Thanks FOL, and I know you have help,
so thanks to all PSP UAE programmers and testers :)

Thanks, I have some more ideas to gain more speed, but I want a break for now, been a nightmare working on it on my own.

Its been (is), one hell of a learning curve. Im still waiting for someone to turn the lights on, :).

1 point though, with rics new Auto FS, its much better and finer, but the logic can go abit nuts on certain games. That can hopefully be improved.

Ill keep messing with PSPUAE, until chilly's new version arrives, then ill start messing with that, :).

Tyr
February 24th, 2008, 11:49
Is there any hope for AGA support in the future , even if its slow?:)

FOL
February 24th, 2008, 11:55
Is there any hope for AGA support in the future , even if its slow?:)

Chilly's version should, so yeh in the future, :). I really want to play Microcosm and Subwar, :)

cal360
February 24th, 2008, 12:04
I'm going to try this out now I haven\t updated this on my PSP in months.

juiceface
February 25th, 2008, 05:36
Tested this on my PSP fat custom firmware 3.71 m33-4. It loads up and gets to the "our past - our future" screen, then it fades out to a black screen and stays at a black screen. Then the PSP just shuts off. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thank in advance.

Baboon
February 25th, 2008, 11:04
I'm having fun testing all my adf's on this new build. Thanks for all your efforts guys... top stuff! :D

Tested this on my PSP fat custom firmware 3.71 m33-4. It loads up and gets to the "our past - our future" screen, then it fades out to a black screen and stays at a black screen. Then the PSP just shuts off. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thank in advance.

Have you got the Amiga Kick roms in the right place?

FOL
February 25th, 2008, 13:30

Thank in advance.

*cough cough* README *cough cough*

Crashes of that nature are normally caused by, you not having (or bad dump) the Kickstart 1.3 rom (bios chip for the Amiga).

You have to find this yourself.

juiceface
February 26th, 2008, 04:44
hmm yup, got the KickStart 3.1 rom and renamed it to kick31.rom like the readme says, put it in kicks, and it still died after that screen.

not sure what I am doing wrong :) but thanks for the work on this emulator

juiceface
February 26th, 2008, 04:50
doh! I was using the 3.1 and not 1.3, but I have them both in there now and it is working fine.

Thanks again for this work!