View Full Version : Hotpot beta 5

wraggster
August 16th, 2005, 19:26
PSP Hotbot has been updated to beta5, heres whats new

<blockquote>
Beta 5 enhancements include:

Split setup for PSP 2.0 and 1.x
====================
+ It's the same Hotpot software but with different default configuration.

+ The default configurations have been reviewed to offer speed over space (e.g., MP4 is prefered to MP3 for music encoding). You'll need to customize the settings again if you'd changed the previous configs. Apologies for any inconvenience caused (really !). I pondered over 2 days for this change but decided to do it while in beta.

Music Conversion (Existing users come first)
===========
+ jlanzago's request to handle iTunes MP3 to AAC converter for people who choose to use MP3 encoding in iTunes. I reviewed through various options (including going to QuickTime right away), but decided to postponed QT integration until v1.1 as planned.

The MP3 to AAC convertor uses iTunes itself to do the conversion. It should be able to handle your needs until I have full QT integration (like 1 month or so). You don't have to do anything to activate MP3 to AAC conversion, Hotpot will apply it automatically, MP3 -> AAC or AAC -> MP3.

2.0 Support
========
+ Beta 5 provides more robust support for MP4s. Previously certain files are not encoded in MP4 / AAC. Now it's enforced consistently as long as the user specifies MP4 as a preferred clone format.

+ Internet favorites can now be synced to PSP 2.0's bookmark. Existing bookmarks in PSP 2.0 web browser will be preserved. Hotpot will just transfer additional (selected) bookmarks from Windows to PSP. It's ok to sync many times, since Hotpot prunes duplicated entries away.

+ Typing History supported. I hate to use the keypad to type. Hotpot will now transfer every line from the history file "My Documents\PSP Keywords.txt" (if present) to your PSP. This gives you the ability to personalize the typing history to speed up keyboard input.

UI Enhancements
===========
+ Fixed an obscure crashing bug in the Settings dialog. This one got in during the last beta and escaped my regression tests.

+ Added code to warn users about outdated config file.
</blockquote>

More info etc here --> http://www.qrias.com/

PPP(PROWD PSP OWNER)
August 16th, 2005, 21:48
Psp 2.0 ,
How Did He Manage To Do That!!!!!!!!!
I Thought It Was Unhackable

Cap'n 1time
August 16th, 2005, 22:10
Psp 2.0 ,
How Did He Manage To Do That!!!!!!!!!
I Thought It Was Unhackable

sigh... read wraggys post again. this dosnt do anything for homebrew at all really.