PDA

View Full Version : MotorStorm 2 Will Be A Four-Player Splitscreen Island Getaway

wraggster
February 25th, 2008, 16:42
Sony showed a few games off at GDC, but one they didn't "show off" was MotorStorm 2. That one was reserved for the BBC, apparently, as only the Beeb's Darren Waters got a premiere showing of Evolution's upcoming racer. The sequel to 2006's launch favourite is leaving the desert behind, and will instead concentrate on a "lush island environment, full of interactive vegetation". More importantly - for both haters of exotic flora and PS3-owning Mario Kart enthusiasts - the game will feature 4-player split-screen racing, so you and three friends can party like it's 2002.

http://kotaku.com/360239/motorstorm-2-will-be-a-four+player-splitscreen-island-getaway

DPyro
February 25th, 2008, 17:07
From the original BBC article:

So what else was I shown? Well, I was shown a trailer for a game not due out till 2009 but was sworn to absolute secrecy. Apparently, Sony just wanted to give a glimpse of what the console will be capable of.

In fact, the game is such a secret that when I mentioned the game to Phil Harrison last week he was unsure at first whether even to admit the title existed. When I explained I had been shown it under strict Non Disclosure Agreement terms he looked relieved.

I don't mean to be a tease - all I can say is that I was left speechless. If the footage I was shown truly is "in game", as told to me by the Sony PR people, then we could be on the brink of a step change in what games consoles are capable of in terms of story-telling and immersion.

Triv1um
February 25th, 2008, 18:54
Lets hope its better than the first one. (not hard)

lmtlmt
February 26th, 2008, 06:20
From the original BBC article:

thats a completely different thing