PDA

View Full Version : Dol to Elf Converter Released - Play Gamecube Homebrew on Wii via Twilight Hack

wraggster
February 25th, 2008, 18:55
The Wii Homebrew Scene is really hotting up with the release today of the DOL to Elf converter which allows you to convert Gamecube Homebrew DOL files to Elf Format.

Heres the french to english translation

For the moment, there is no homebrew using the Wiimote, but you can still play homebrews Gamecube.

But the Gamecube homebrews are often proposed. Dol.
Do not worry, Doltool3 is there for you, allowing you to convert your file in fraud. Elf, and thus able to read it with the fault Twilight Hack.

So start by downloading Doltool3: (via Comments)

Extract the contents on your hard drive.

Next, run the command prompt: click Start> all programs> accessories> command prompt.

Browse on file with the command:

Cd .. To return to the previous folder.
Example: if you are in C: \ Users \ Hadrien28 and you write cd .. You will be in the file C: \ Users.

Type the command: cd "foldername" to return to a folder.

Example: you are in C: \ Users \ Hadrien28 and you have a case where you have Wii retrieved doltool3.rar. Write Wii cd and then you are now in the file C: \ Users \ Hadrien28 \ Wii.

You have to navigate through your files until you are in the directory where you extracted the contents of doltool3.rar earlier

Write now: doltool.exe-e snowlords.dol

Corresponds to the snowlords.dol. Fraud that you want to convert. Elf.

Now click Enter.

Now you can play your. Elf fault with the game Zelda.
Attention all. Fraud will not work with this flaw.
Do not be surprised if this does not work, like emulators.
We therefore hope that a new version will be coming in the days ahead.

http://digg.com/nintendo/Wii_Homebrew_Explosion

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via wiigen (http://www.wiigen.fr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=888&Itemid=46)

____anders____
February 25th, 2008, 23:26
wow thats cool!
gonna try it when i get zelda next month

Sir_Voe
March 2nd, 2008, 18:21
I'm surprised I'm only the 2nd post, as this sounds really useful. Anyone have any success using this converter?

ThrashWolf
March 16th, 2008, 17:01
Figured I should let you guys know that you actually need to type doltool.exe -e snowlords.dol
to convert snowlords(or any other .dol for that matter) to a .elf
instead of doltool.exe-e snowlords.dol

there's a space in between "doltool.exe" and "-e"

tehnoir
March 16th, 2008, 18:18
I saw somebody mention in another thread that all you need to do is change .dol to .elf. Can anyone support this or correct it?

DPyro
March 16th, 2008, 19:17
A dol is not an elf.

tehnoir
March 17th, 2008, 02:48
A dol is not an elf.

Right. General intuition gave me that idea. *shrug* If I come across the post again, I'll PM the person to see what they meant. In the meantime, I ♥ this tool.

Mr.Guy
April 7th, 2008, 05:34
Hello, new here and was wondering, is there is a action replay homebrew for the gamecube that I could run on the twilight hack and load codes on a gamecube game from the homebrew?

darkriku2000
April 7th, 2008, 07:34
what is this twilight hack that I keep hearing about?

Ryan915
April 7th, 2008, 17:43
Hello, new here and was wondering, is there is a action replay homebrew for the gamecube that I could run on the twilight hack and load codes on a gamecube game from the homebrew?
Your question doesn't make much sense but from what I know, I don't think you can run homebrew on the gamecube using the Wii's twilight hack. You can using an action replay though, more info at this thread: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45125.

what is this twilight hack that I keep hearing about?
It's currently the only safe, released way to run homebrew on an unmodded Wii. More info: http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Twilight_Hack

arch feline
October 19th, 2008, 01:46
I used this today. I converted the new version of the snesGX emulator to elf. It should work. After all the dol executable is meant to run on the Wii. It seems to work. The classic controller is awesome with Super Metroid!!!

When it first came out, I installed the Jay Paradox homebrew channel and I launch with Hell Hibou Launcher. The Hell Hibou Launcher only works with elf files.

I learn that Team Twiizers has a new homebrew channel that is also a launcher that is also upgradable.

I decided that simple is good and that brilliant, clever, creative does not === in your corner, on your side, got your back. The source for TT's homebrew channel/ launcher/ automatically upgradable is not available!!!

cihad2003
October 28th, 2008, 19:14
i dont unerstand it
help me please

ive opend the command prompt
what must i do now
i really dont unertstand the tutorial

Baboon
October 28th, 2008, 22:27
i dont unerstand it
help me please

ive opend the command prompt
what must i do now
i really dont unertstand the tutorial

Use this new program instead its much easier to use... http://wiibrew.org/w/images/8/84/Elf_converter.rar

Mr.Sunshine
November 12th, 2008, 15:58
would anyone know how i can burn/crack/uce my Final Fantasy XII on PCSX ??
thanks on behaf

kingslime80
November 16th, 2008, 23:28
would anyone know how i can burn/crack/uce my Final Fantasy XII on PCSX ??
thanks on behaf

From what I heard PCSX is PS1 only, sorry. BTW, this isn'tthe right topic to post ths, please be a little more careful next time. Good luck. :)

pIRatZE
January 15th, 2009, 11:37
Anyone successfully playing GameCube game on Wii using this method?