PDA

View Full Version : ‘Bionic Commando: Rearmed’ PS3 Will Run On PSPs Thanks To Remote Play

wraggster
February 26th, 2008, 15:52
“Bionic Commando: Rearmed,” a re-make of the original “Bionic Commando,” is coming to a PSP near you — but isn’t going to be released on PSP.

Say what?

Capcom producer Ben Judd told me last week that the PS3 version of “Bionic Commando: Rearmed” for the console’s PlayStation Network will be playable on PSPs using the PS3’s Remote Play feature.

Remote Play allows a PSP user to access content on their PS3 theoretically from any location where they can get a WiFi signal. The feature was implemented in limited fashion for last fall’s PS3 dragon-combat game “Lair” and then delivered in full for the PSN game “PixelJunk Monsters.”

If Capcom gets Remote Play to work properly, the game may well be one of the first to use the service well and among the first, if not the first, third-party game to use it.

The end result: “Bionic Commando: Rearmed” playable on PSPs, even without the game being released on PSP.

Like I said.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/02/25/bionic-commando-rearmed-ps3-will-run-on-psps-thanks-to-remote-play/

Veskgar
February 26th, 2008, 19:54
I like the idea but not the execution. It would be better to let PS3 games be played on the PSP over remote play. Obviously there will be restrictions to that due to the weaker PSP. However, PS3 games, especially RPG types could offer exclusive side quests, missions, etc. to be played on the PSP which although is not a necessity, will benefit the player in finishing the main game on the PS3.

Ideas like that would make people want to purchase both a PS3 and a PSP and also sell more games.

cypressice
February 28th, 2008, 02:29
i don't know if anyone else has seen this (since i haven't read about it anywhere) but the PSN game high stakes on the vegas strip is very compatible with remote play and works quite well. i haven't played Lair but i know for a fact that high stakes works and i play it all the time over remote play.

Apoklepz
February 28th, 2008, 15:34
“Bionic Commando: Rearmed,” a re-make of the original “Bionic Commando,” is coming to a PSP near you — but isn’t going to be released on PSP.

Say what?

That's right....it sucks balls to know that a long awaited remake of one of my favorite old school game will be a next gen system exclusive and not a PSP release....I mean, the game has PSP potential written all over it(ala Maverick Hunter X, Castlevania Drac Chronicles, Earthworm Jim, Metal Slug)....and yet no cigar. :thumbup:Great move to the CAPCOMteam behind this one, knowing that most people who preffer old school rehashes are more into the portable consoles!

Dumbasses.
I have to agree with what Veskgar wrote, though.

F9zDark
February 28th, 2008, 20:30
I like the idea but not the execution. It would be better to let PS3 games be played on the PSP over remote play. Obviously there will be restrictions to that due to the weaker PSP. However, PS3 games, especially RPG types could offer exclusive side quests, missions, etc. to be played on the PSP which although is not a necessity, will benefit the player in finishing the main game on the PS3.

Ideas like that would make people want to purchase both a PS3 and a PSP and also sell more games.

The PS3 handles all the work for the game, so theoretically, if the controls were simple enough, we could even play MGS4 or Killzone 2 on our PSPs through remote play. The only problem with it is that, WiFi isn't terribly fast.

added:

While I find it cool that its playable via remote-play, its a stupid idea to release a PSP game onto the PS3... If we can play it on the PS3 thats one thing, but if it was made and marketed for only the PSP then it SHOULD come out on UMD...

I hope Capcom doesn't continue this trend...