PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper Changer / Randomizer v1.10

wraggster
February 26th, 2008, 15:57
News/release from Hellcat:

HELLCATs Wallpaper Changer

The name's the deal - this changes your wallpaper for the XMB, no more, no less

However you have a few features:
Two modes of operation: "Everytime" and "Once per day" (see readme for details)
You can set special, predefined images for a specific date (again, check readme)
change the XMB background *BEHIND* the waves (a.k.a. 01-12.bmp) - WITHOUT writing to flash!
(the last one lets you set a fixed wallpaper for the specified date instead of using an all random one)

That's it.
Short and painless.
Maybe someone might like it

UPDATE 1.10
Added capability of changing/randomizing the background *BEHIND* the XMB wave lines
(WITHOUT touching the flash0:! So, perfectly save )
Read the notes about this in the readme when having trouble with it!
Wallpapers are now finally copied BEFORE the XMB loads, so you see the change imediately, not at the next reboot
Major internal changes (making the plugin pure kernel mode and dealing with the consequences), the usual bug hunting and some cleaning up of the code.

Uh, and since I forgot to put it into the readme: *lol*
Put your .BMPs that are supposed to become your background behind the waves into this folder on your memstick:
/PICTURE/WAVEPAPER

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via hellcat (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-wallpaper-changer-randomizer-132296.html)

havoc_012
February 26th, 2008, 23:06
Very nice plugin. IMO, this is the best way to put waves over the background.

I got a question though. Will I be able to change the "random" wallpaper (by holding circle, or setting it back by holding triangle) setting if I'm using DAX's TimeMachine?

P1R4T3R
February 27th, 2008, 00:42
waves over BG....so you mean there together?