PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays Downtime Explsined

wraggster
February 26th, 2008, 16:41
Hi all we had 2 bouts of downtime yesterday one caused by a server outage at our hosts which took us offline for 3 hours and the other by the sheer amount of visitors from the likes of Slashdot, joystiq and others because of yesterdays explosion of releases on the Wii which saw releases of Wii Linux, Mp3 Player, Gamecube Dol to Elf Converter (Convert Gamecube Homebrew to work natively on Wii) and the first Snes Emulator made for Wii.

Quite an exciting day for any homebrew fan from any scene.

More details at http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk (our Wii Site)

Hopefully tonight we wont suffer any more problems, fingers crossed :)

BelmontSlayer
February 26th, 2008, 17:20
I was wondering why I couldn't access the site. I was thinking it was more DNS problems (I still have to refresh 5-6 times to make a page appear on DCEmu).

argor
February 26th, 2008, 17:27
I was wondering why I couldn't access the site. I was thinking it was more DNS problems (I still have to refresh 5-6 times to make a page appear on DCEmu).
try using openNic dns severs i was having the same problem as you but after i start using openNic dns severs it stop
if you like to use it here is a site that will help you set it up http://www.opennicproject.org/en/client_setup.html

JKKDARK
February 26th, 2008, 17:32
Yeah many big releases for the Wii homebrew scene. Glad to see the site working again.

gunntims0103
February 26th, 2008, 17:54
Yea i tried numerous times to check up on the new, good to see us back up.

josh94
March 9th, 2008, 08:09
hey

No_one_in_particular
March 9th, 2008, 14:28
wtf

ExcruciationX
March 9th, 2008, 18:04
wtf
Exactly what I was thinking.

Shrygue
March 10th, 2008, 13:27
There was some downtime yesterday? Then I guess I didn't miss out on too much as I wasn't around at the time. Glad to hear it's fixed now.

JKKDARK
March 10th, 2008, 15:16
There was some downtime yesterday? Then I guess I didn't miss out on too much as I wasn't around at the time. Glad to hear it's fixed now.

No, it was February 26th, 2008.

Shrygue
March 10th, 2008, 15:23
??? Cr*p, I didn't bother to look more carefully. I guess I was still half-asleep on the draw.