PDA

View Full Version : just my luck,.

shadowprophet
February 26th, 2008, 23:47
Two days after I get a ps3 40 gig. sony announces they are bringing back the 80 gig.
what was the point of that ?! they took it off the market just long enough for me to be forced to buy a 40 gig only to bring it back almost the very second I got my ps3..

it's so funny. dont worry,, im laughing on the inside.

but make no mistake.

it's an angry rage filled laugh..:rofl:

Ne-way. can someone enlighten me on this dual shock 3 business:confused:

I admit the ps3 sisaxis controller feels pretty cheap. but I really dont see the point in spending 100 extra dollars on two controllers just so they will vibrate..

is there something else to the dual shock 3 besides the force feedback?

Shades..

Accordion
February 27th, 2008, 00:01
the DS3 are much sturdier, slightly larger, and the analogue sticks are smoother [in my experience]. If you like the shape of the controller, the added weight and the build quality in comparison will be worth the cost…*Have you already got two controllers? DS for you, air for them…

Is it not possible to return your 40gb? Perhaps get a relative to return under the disguise of uninformed elder meeting spoilt brat "wheres my BC!"
might work.

ExcruciationX
February 27th, 2008, 00:01
LOL, that's funny. :)

Do you need that extra space for some reason?

shadowprophet
February 27th, 2008, 00:07
the DS3 are much sturdier, slightly larger, and the analogue sticks are smoother [in my experience]. If you like the shape of the controller, the added weight and the build quality in comparison will be worth the cost…*Have you already got two controllers? DS for you, air for them…

Is it not possible to return your 40gb? Perhaps get a relative to return under the disguise of uninformed elder meeting spoilt brat "wheres my BC!"
might work.

nah, I have to say, bc or not, I love my ps3 too much to ever let it go:p

it's sad that mine doesnt have bc, but I cant see myself ever letting it go. it just does to many nice things. it does everything my xbox did and then some, even the dvd playback is more solid and quality. no crashes while steaming content from my pc. in the long run. I will miss ps2 bc. but I can live w/o it :p, i have a ps2 in the closet anyway. if i ever get a urge to play some ps3 stuff that badly lol

nah its not really about the storage space at all.. with the ps3 the more storage space usualy goes hand in hand with extra features. like the 40 gig ps3 will play psone and ps3 games. but the 80 gig ps3 will play psone, ps2, and ps3 games.

plus this new sku 80 gig that is coming out second quater will have mgs4 bundeled in with it. :eek:
if I could have waited. that would have been the deal I would have went for
Patience is a virtue. It's just not one of MY virtues.:p

JKKDARK
February 27th, 2008, 00:11
That's why most of the people don't buy PS3. You don't know if you model will be cancelled, price cut, etc.

Accordion
February 27th, 2008, 00:14

It isnt simply a HDD with double capacity[the PS3 uses standard 2.5inch laptop drives that are very easy to replace] , it also features CF/SD/MS card slots [ i use these alot on my 60], backwards compatibility with PS2 titles, and four USB ports.

Shadow, if you have an HDTV then the upscaling feature might serve you very well, having Okami upscaled sure makes the Wii port less attractive for me. If you take alot of photos then the card slots are also very useful[ and tidy]. Depending on release date, whether you could purchase the 80gb and then get rid of the 40gb, the back up utility would make the switch almost painless.

shadowprophet
February 27th, 2008, 00:35
It isnt simply a HDD with double capacity[the PS3 uses standard 2.5inch laptop drives that are very easy to replace] , it also features CF/SD/MS card slots [ i use these alot on my 60], backwards compatibility with PS2 titles, and four USB ports.

Shadow, if you have an HDTV then the upscaling feature might serve you very well, having Okami upscaled sure makes the Wii port less attractive for me. If you take alot of photos then the card slots are also very useful[ and tidy]. Depending on release date, whether you could purchase the 80gb and then get rid of the 40gb, the back up utility would make the switch almost painless.

doesnt the 40 gig ps3 upscale like ps1 and dvd? im pretty sure it does. I know a lot of my dvds look really great in my ps3. comparable to 780p :cool:

Accordion
February 27th, 2008, 00:41
PS2 upscaling+smoothing

shadowprophet
February 27th, 2008, 00:46
PS2 upscaling+smoothing
yes I will miss that feature :(

but truly bro. and I say this in honesty.
backwards compatibility is great. but how many of us truly use that feature a lot?
I mean in all the time I had a ps2 it was actually quite rare that I would play a psone game. and with the wii, its fundementaly the same, it's very rare that I will play a gamecube title. and while BC is a feature we all want. how often is it truly used ?
I consider bc a powerful influential feature.
but in its execution, it's rarely used.

at least in my case :p

ShadowKnight
February 27th, 2008, 01:11
Ha Ha, just your luck. Now watch something terrible happen to me for laughing at you.

shadowprophet
February 27th, 2008, 01:19
Ha Ha, just your luck. Now watch something terrible happen to me for laughing at you.where the heck have you been man :cool: did you forget my number or something? moving off into the middle of paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty. n going off and forgetting about Shades lol :rofl:

How have ya been brother?

ExcruciationX
February 27th, 2008, 02:17
Who's he?

shadowprophet
February 27th, 2008, 02:49
Who's he? Knight is a bro of mine from way back, he used to live localy. but recently he moved Idaho. me and him used to get so waisted back in the day. we could smoke through a half oz in no time flat. :cool: :rofl:

lol I remember one time, me and him got so high we played a musical solo with aerosol cans. LOL you had to be there. it sounded pretty awesome :cool:

In fact, if I recall I got so high that time in particular I was on the verge of freaking out. if it hadn't have been for brother knight. I may have had a nervious breakdown :o I laugh about it now. but at the time, I was higher then I had ever been. and higher then I have been since ;)

ninja9393
February 27th, 2008, 04:05
Well, i might get a PS3 in the next month or so because Blu-Ray won and i can get the PS3 rock band game and use my PS2 instruments (because the PS2 instruments are actually just PS3 instruments) plus, i wanna play god of war 3

SnesR0X
February 27th, 2008, 04:07
Knight is a bro of mine from way back, he used to live localy. but recently he moved Idaho. me and him used to get so waisted back in the day. we could smoke through a half oz in no time flat. :cool: :rofl:

lol I remember one time, me and him got so high we played a musical solo with aerosol cans. LOL you had to be there. it sounded pretty awesome :cool:

In fact, if I recall I got so high that time in particular I was on the verge of freaking out. if it hadn't have been for brother knight. I may have had a nervious breakdown :o I laugh about it now. but at the time, I was higher then I had ever been. and higher then I have been since ;)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
oh shades, half an oz is a hella lot in no time flat. I would probably be f-ed out of my mind if I had that much at once, of course I have kush B.C. bud so it's stronger than regular stuff. What's your preferred way of consuming? (Bong, jays, blunts...ect)

As for the 80 gig, well 40 is pretty fine on it's own for what you paid, plus the ps3's hard drive is easily replaceable, so if you wanted you could swap the 40 with as much as you want, granted it's the same size drive. :D

ShadowKnight
February 27th, 2008, 04:23
HOW HIGH?

Oh man, just got my cable net on yesterday and am getting back on FFXI PC. Ordering a NEW used system NEW to me. 1.7ghz 512mem, 64meg video 40gig hd, for $150 after shipping. Thats enough for FFXI. I love that tax return money, makes me do things hahah. By the way, peel this bag apart and pull off a piece of that sticky icky icky ooooweeee Bubonic Chronic for sure. Damn prophet, can ya tell im doing ok here still, however, at one point about a month I almost left here again, but alls good now.

shadowprophet
February 27th, 2008, 07:37
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
oh shades, half an oz is a hella lot in no time flat. I would probably be f-ed out of my mind if I had that much at once, of course I have kush B.C. bud so it's stronger than regular stuff. What's your preferred way of consuming? (Bong, jays, blunts...ect)

As for the 80 gig, well 40 is pretty fine on it's own for what you paid, plus the ps3's hard drive is easily replaceable, so if you wanted you could swap the 40 with as much as you want, granted it's the same size drive. :D oh i'm a pothead i'll smoke it any way i can get it, but i like j's best because you dont waste any herb that way, i recall a few times i tried knife hits. it's a neat way to smoke because you dont waste any weed and every hit is like a shotgun. what you do is take two butterknives and heat the tips place a piece of bud on the tip of one of the knives put the two heated tips together and enjoy. it works amazingly well ;)

HOW HIGH?

Oh man, just got my cable net on yesterday and am getting back on FFXI PC. Ordering a NEW used system NEW to me. 1.7ghz 512mem, 64meg video. . 40gig hd, for $150 after shipping. Thats enough for FFXI. I love that tax return money, makes me do things hahah. By the way, peel this bag apart and pull off a piece of that sticky icky icky ooooweeee Bubonic Chronic for sure. Damn prophet, can ya tell im doing ok here still, however, at one point about a month I almost left here again, but alls good now.you know bro ive been hoping you would come back we need to catch up ..i owe you like five joints anyway :thumbup:

lmtlmt
February 27th, 2008, 10:00
have u added me shadow?

dejkirkby
February 27th, 2008, 14:08
Why not replace it with a larger HDD. It will take a standard 2.5" laptop HDD.

Accordion
February 27th, 2008, 16:07
Why not replace it with a larger HDD. It will take a standard 2.5" laptop HDD.

stated few times ,the reason is not the added storage but the PS2 compatibility

DPyro
February 27th, 2008, 16:34
Hey Shadow, you should check your PS3 messages more often :p

dejkirkby
February 27th, 2008, 17:53
stated few times ,the reason is not the added storage but the PS2 compatibility

My apologies!! My scanning is not what it used to be.:p
After re-reading if I could swap you SP, I would. I don't use the BC on my 60gb PS3.

gdf
February 27th, 2008, 23:10
I am currently saving my pennies for the MGS4 bundle packymijigger.

ShadowKnight
February 27th, 2008, 23:33
Knight is a bro of mine from way back, he used to live localy. but recently he moved Idaho. me and him used to get so waisted back in the day. we could smoke through a half oz in no time flat. :cool: :rofl:

lol I remember one time, me and him got so high we played a musical solo with aerosol cans. LOL you had to be there. it sounded pretty awesome :cool:In fact, if I recall I got so high that time in particular I was on the verge of freaking out. if it hadn't have been for brother knight. I may have had a nervious breakdown :o I laugh about it now. but at the time, I was higher then I had ever been. and higher then I have been since ;)

I remember that night very well. I'm actually proud you even remember it and bothered to metion it on here, damn it, guess i am missed and I can't just show up when I want to, I'm far from there. Can't say I hate KY, but I will say I do love the Lewiston/Clarkston valley. My real excuse is vacatiohn time from work. If I don't work, I'm a stat. Just another number. But I don't want to be a number, I'm a free man. To everyone else reading this, " Wass Up People!" Currently under the influence of STEEL RESERVE-8.1 alcohol content. Can only happen here on "Off-Topic". However, I do own one EMU, MAME32, don't recall the version at the time, but I love my old 80's arcade games. Galaga and Gyruss being the top 2. Enough for now, your turn to reply. HAHAHa.

Eviltaco64
February 27th, 2008, 23:39
That's why most of the people don't buy PS3. You don't know if you model will be cancelled, price cut, etc.

Imagine if PS3 outsold 360....

JKKDARK: 360 IS STILL THE WINNER IN MY BOOK!! PS3 HAS MIND CONTROL FROM SONY'S EVIL CELL PROCESSOR!!

And I thought that PS2 was emulated on some PS3s, why not the 40GB?

SnesR0X
February 28th, 2008, 09:58
Imagine if PS3 outsold 360....

JKKDARK: 360 IS STILL THE WINNER IN MY BOOK!! PS3 HAS MIND CONTROL FROM SONY'S EVIL CELL PROCESSOR!!

And I thought that PS2 was emulated on some PS3s, why not the 40GB?

Reduce production costs perhaps?
There's probably a justified reason anyway...

oh i'm a pothead i'll smoke it any way i can get it, but i like j's best because you dont waste any herb that way, i recall a few times i tried knife hits. it's a neat way to smoke because you dont waste any weed and every hit is like a shotgun. what you do is take two butterknives and heat the tips place a piece of bud on the tip of one of the knives put the two heated tips together and enjoy. it works amazingly well ;)

Interesting, I have yet to hotknife, but I have enjoyed pipes, bongs, bubblers, chillums, joints, ( as well as cross joints and tulips) hookas, vapos, cookies, and tea. On the weekend I'm going buy some blunt wraps and cross that off my list :D
As for the knife hits, wouldn't it be continuously burning? As in smoke would still be coming off the bud during the passing, or just when you hold it in. (The smoke in your lungs of course)

Triv1um
February 28th, 2008, 17:01
Dont use blunts, they suck.
Unlucky about the 40gb btw.

SnesR0X
February 28th, 2008, 19:44
Dont use blunts, they suck.
Unlucky about the 40gb btw.

Reason?
It holds a lot more than a joint, you can easily snuff it out, pocket it and light it later. So I'm guessing it's the actual smoking part of it you don't enjoy?

acn010
February 28th, 2008, 20:13
I am currently saving my pennies for the MGS4 bundle packymijigger.

same here!!! lmao!