PDA

View Full Version : What to do...

Ratticus
August 17th, 2005, 00:38
I spose this is the right place.

I got a 1.51 Japanese version PSP, and I was really hoping for a 1.50, because of all the capabilities that such a device has. Anyway, I really want to use said capabilities (emulators, homebrew etc) but that's not available.

Anyway, I'm unsure of what to do, attempt to trade with a US (I am in America ATM) 1.50 ver via craigslist or keep it and hope for the best firmware wise.

So, what would you suggest I do?

Fly On
August 17th, 2005, 00:49
Upgrade to 2.0, so at least you can use a webbrowser. If you do, and a goody is released for 1.5x, then oops, my bad :P.
But don't fret, you can still listen to music, watch movies, play commercial games, and , uh, yeah :D

Ratticus
August 17th, 2005, 01:01
Upgrade to 2.0, so at least you can use a webbrowser. If you do, and a goody is released for 1.5x, then oops, my bad :P.
But don't fret, you can still listen to music, watch movies, play commercial games, and , uh, yeah :D

Be that as it may, the only real reason I bought it was to use said homebrew apps :(

Shiaoran
August 17th, 2005, 13:05
return it to the store and buy a new one hoping for it to be 1.5
(under the voltage in the box, 1.5x has a 'B' and 1.5 has nothing or an 'A', search for the 'A')

DaylightBombings
August 18th, 2005, 19:13
is the 2.0 browser good?

YourStillWithMe
August 19th, 2005, 03:14
I was in the same situation myself but a funny thing I upgraded to 1.52 when I HAD A 1.50!!!! than i bought another psp knowing it was gonna be a 1.50 and it was actually a 1.51! but than i returned that and to make a logn story short i have a 1.50 psp and a 2.00 psp and im not getting rid of either versions until I am very secure and know I can safely keep one of them while running Homebrew it might be a few months before i make a decision. My brother wants my 2.00 so we might switch every know and than :) so i can play the new games and run homebrew as well! basically-try to get a 1.50 WHILE YOU CAN